Never settle? I've had the phone for 6 hours, here's what I think.

1. cedalone
    Jelly Bean Apr 10, 2015

cedalone , Apr 10, 2015 :
    ok, sorry, edited, and i wrote this with my MacBook Pro.

2. fawzib
    Honeycomb Apr 10, 2015

fawzib , Apr 10, 2015 :
    the display in my opinion is really good. comparing it to lg g3 and other phones. it is really good quality. can not be compared to samsung line up but i have to give oneplus credit. the display is nice and pleasent to use

3. malidan
    Nougat Apr 10, 2015

malidan , Apr 10, 2015 :
    Its not the cheapest if that's what you mean, the most hyped yes best deal no.
    Zenphone 2 higher quality and better customer support.
    This device is cheap for a reason and lot of people have found out why.
    Sent from my Yellow Banded, touch effected screen.

Niels_Andersen likes this.
  4. malidan
    Nougat Apr 10, 2015

malidan , Apr 10, 2015 :
    What are you saying, my Niece has a LG G3 the display on that is outstanding.
    You do know that Samsung displays are critically renowned as the best.

5. badger906
    Jelly Bean Apr 10, 2015

badger906 , Apr 10, 2015 :
    5.5 inch super amoled screen.. add about another £100/$150 to the price tag...

you can't have perfection at a low price..

6. FrederikOlsen
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 10, 2015

FrederikOlsen , Apr 10, 2015 :
    ehhh, the S5 was definetly their flagship, hence it being part of the Galaxy S flagship lineup. it was their flagship, just a bad one.

ultimusrex likes this.
  7. B4kken
    Lollipop Apr 10, 2015

B4kken , Apr 10, 2015 :
    You know, I've read a lot of similar complaints on "flagahips". I haven't had a single issue that destroyed my experience. Sure there were some software stuff at the start but that's been fixed, the opo is lovely(in my eyes).

ultimusrex likes this.
  8. ultimusrex

ultimusrex , Apr 10, 2015 :
    Wait... What?... You just proved the "Flagship Killer" point. When the OPO was released. The S5 WAS Samsung's flagship. You can't go on comparing the OPO to the flagships of each year in the future. Of course it's going to get knocked off the pedestal, probably within the first year, with how quickly the technologies improve. Did you seriously think that this phone could still out perform the best phones on the market over a year after its release? I assume you compared specs, and you certainly compared the price, or I don't think you would have bothered with the OPO. But you followed the "hype" instead of what I assume was your better judgment?... That's on you, man. They don't continually improve the phone to keep outdoing the competition. No company does that. You said yourself you would surely take the OPO over the S5. So there you have it. Flagship killed. There's no way it can compete with the S6, except that for the price, I believe it does still stack up pretty decently.

We (the forum) have already been over this Flagship Killer in perpetuity BS. Companies and products don't generally change their slogans just because newer, unforseen competitors come along. They are going to stick with their marketing campaign which was developed with a lot of time and money as long as possible, until the OPO production ends.

9. Niels_Andersen
    KitKat Apr 10, 2015

Niels_Andersen , Apr 10, 2015 :
    Probably if I had issues like you which my OPO, I would not be such a big fan but everything works so excellent with mine and I come from a 1000€ iPhone, that's why I'm singing "hallelujah" here...

10. malidan
    Nougat Apr 10, 2015

malidan , Apr 10, 2015 :
    Amen to that.

11. malidan
    Nougat Apr 10, 2015

malidan , Apr 10, 2015 :
    A flagship device does not retail with a yellow banded screen For almost a year.
    The OPPO find 7a had the same issue and replaced the units,Flagship.
    The OPO is a inferior offspring of this device.

12. vuvuxela
    Gingerbread Apr 10, 2015

vuvuxela , Apr 10, 2015 :
    I really hate amonled so that's why samsung is not an option for me.
    i'm using OPO and my girlfriend is using note3, i like my OPO display much much more than N3.
    For the "flagship killer", please considering the selling price, OPO really can killer many of them.....

13. Niels_Andersen
    KitKat Apr 10, 2015

I'm sorry for you that you got one of this, the Germans say "Monday devices" with a lot of flaws and issues. My opinion is that Oneplus should take them back and hands out new ones, would be an cheap and excellent public relation, by the way.

Kapitan Nemo likes this.
  14. Kapitan Nemo
    Lollipop Apr 10, 2015

Kapitan Nemo , Apr 10, 2015 :

Haptic feedback really? That's the most important thing that is pushing your buttons?

15. malidan
    Nougat Apr 10, 2015

malidan , Apr 10, 2015 :
    One in had two both the same.
    At the time there were so many they refused Rma's and stated it was a feature, they adopted skullduggery and change the colour temp in an ota to hide it. They later had to change it back because of the complaints. It along joke of a story, but they showed their true colours.

16. Niels_Andersen
    KitKat Apr 10, 2015

17. malidan
    Nougat Apr 10, 2015

malidan , Apr 10, 2015 :
    There are still plenty being sent out, one member reported 8 purchased with 7 having bands.
    Quality control assured they said, yeah

18. gjegadeesh

19. Niels_Andersen
    KitKat Apr 10, 2015

Man, that's the worst QA rate I've ever heard of, the more I read from you, the more I'm glad that I'm so lucky for having a good device.

20. vcespon
    Gingerbread Apr 10, 2015

vcespon , Apr 10, 2015 :
    AMOLED had problems rendering dark colors, anything below RGB (5,5,5) is rendered as completly black, leading to very bad image on dark scenes.

Colors are over saturated. I have a profesionally callibrated monitor at home and I can compare how a photo should look, bright orange is not a correct skin tone.

And AMOLED screens keep having burn-out of the blue LEDs, leading to permanent marks on the screen.

That's why I stopped using Samsung phones. That's why apple buys Samsung CPUs and flash chips, but not Samsung screens. They keep purchasing screens from JDI and Sharp.

ReRunRod and KeyserSoze like this.