New and know little about the OPO?

1. halcyonix
    Eclair Jan 31, 2015

halcyonix , Jan 31, 2015 :
    Like many, I'm new to this OPO.

Looks like a fantastic phone but I wonder, are we here because of the hype and rarity of the phone or because we know it's what we want out of the phone.

Would love to hear others thoughts.

Angalv and StuartTonkin like this.
  2. mikeyc326
    Honeycomb Jan 31, 2015

mikeyc326 , Jan 31, 2015 :
    Welcome. Have fun here. I think it's because we know what we want from our phone.

halcyonix, xxNEOxx and SoniaB like this.
  3. Bassilk
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 31, 2015

4. SoniaB
    Nougat Senior Moderator Jan 31, 2015

SoniaB , Jan 31, 2015 :
    Welcome to the forum. I am here because I like the interaction within the forum.

The OPO is a great phone - the spec for the price is a no brainer.

5. molokovellocet9
    Honeycomb Jan 31, 2015

molokovellocet9 , Jan 31, 2015 :
    Owned mine for 5 months almost and can say I am happy with my decision to buy.

I didn't buy on the hype - think I was like a lot of people that wanted the best spec against cost and whilst higher spec units were on the market, price was king.

Do your homework - make sure it is for you and if so take the plunge.

Good luck

halcyonix and SoniaB like this.
  6. akshayprabhu
    Honeycomb Jan 31, 2015

akshayprabhu , Jan 31, 2015 :
    because its a powerful device at a awesome price and the phone for those who like experimenting with their phones

r.padmakar, halcyonix and SoniaB like this.
  7. Angalv
    Jelly Bean Jan 31, 2015

8. halcyonix
    Eclair Jan 31, 2015

$350 is such a great price. Here in Canada, when you include shipping and duties, it gets a little ugly at around $500. That's when you start to wonder whether this is the phone to go with or with any of the others on the market. Which for many here, is the iPhone default.

SoniaB likes this.
  9. halcyonix
    Eclair Jan 31, 2015

In comparison to the iPhone 5 (which is what I'm currently using), it'll blow it away of what I understand and it'd be nice for the wife to have some tech that's better than what I use (for once)

SoniaB likes this.
  10. xxNEOxx
    Gingerbread Jan 31, 2015

xxNEOxx , Jan 31, 2015 :
    Great price + awesome specs = You have to get an OPO! That's why I am here. Also the forum is good, a lot of friendly people here.

11. SoniaB

SoniaB , Jan 31, 2015 :
    I think for the Canadians especially, because of taxes etc., other factors come into play:

Would you be happier with an iPhone or Samsung or other device as you can just go into a store and buy it?

What are the reasons that attracted you to OPO? Compare it against the other devices. Bloatware, style/look, freedom to customise?

After that compare the price and think if it's worth going for the OPO.

kanno and Angalv like this.
  12. halcyonix
    Eclair Jan 31, 2015

Price still wins here. Comparable phones are $700-800 here these days with the crummy exchange rate and thus, the OPO seems like a great alternative.

SoniaB likes this.
  13. SoniaB

SoniaB , Jan 31, 2015 :
    Then go for it! :)

kanno and halcyonix like this.
  14. halcyonix
    Eclair Jan 31, 2015

Gotta find that invite (again) first. Didn't use an invite a family had a while back simply because I didn't know what a OPO was. Regret came later when I found out how great of a product this was.

SoniaB likes this.
  15. Yagami Raito
    Honeycomb Jan 31, 2015

Yagami Raito , Jan 31, 2015 :
    Great price for the hardware with an average software, at least that's what I think.

I chose the OPO because of its exclusiveness though. It is like a game.

MarkusHC, xxNEOxx and SoniaB like this.
  16. guijan12
    KitKat Jan 31, 2015

guijan12 , Jan 31, 2015 :
    Both and for fun.

MarkusHC, xxNEOxx and SoniaB like this.
  17. xxNEOxx
    Gingerbread Jan 31, 2015

xxNEOxx , Jan 31, 2015 :
    You can go to the invite section and ask around. Eventually someone will give you one. That's what I did and I got one.

18. barb
    Nougat Jan 31, 2015

barb , Jan 31, 2015 :
    Welcome to the OnePlus forum:)
    Regret always comes afterwards.
    Great you made your choice for the One already.:)

19. NITISH7777
    Honeycomb Jan 31, 2015

NITISH7777 , Jan 31, 2015 :
    reason to buy one is custamization....i love the feautres of custmization...and only one phone in the market have custamization option more than any other phone.....also comes in affordable price i.e. top hardware & software configuration in low price...these both things are only available @ OnePlus One

kanno likes this.
  20. dgdfgsdfgsg
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 31, 2015

dgdfgsdfgsg , Jan 31, 2015 :
    Awesome specs and fair price. Long time iPhone user here considering, seriously, moving to OnePlus One. Recommended by a colleague I hold in high esteem, I'm now currently testing the device. First time Android user, so many things are still new. Some others are not: I have spent my first 5 hours with the device reviewing all the settings, and it has not been until few minutes ago I started installing apps.

MarkusHC likes this.