New Android/Google TV Update

1. AyushKumarAK
    Gingerbread Oct 3, 2020

AyushKumarAK , Oct 3, 2020 :
    Hey,

OnePlus had promised us 3 years of Updates last year with the Q1 Series & recently,Google announced their new Google TV which will replace Android TV in future.

I was wondering if OnePlus is working on those new Updates because we're still on Android 9 - Pie whereas latest version is Android 11..
    I know it doesn't make a huge difference but when OnePlus promised us updates, then we should be getting those, isn't it?

Regards.
    AK.

U1572268406775 likes this.
  2. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Oct 3, 2020

Venky61 , Oct 3, 2020 :
    Hey,
    Actually the Chromecast with Google TV that's released is actually Android 10 and not 11, but yea, 11 has been released for testing in couple of devices. The updates on the TV are not like the phones where it reaches the masses within weeks or months after the release. The 3 year support could have been more of updates to improve the software and security but not exactly the Android Version. It's difficult to say and there's no way to say whether OnePlus is working on it or not. But yea, I would be happy to see OnePlus TVs being upgraded to newer version along with other in the market at least.

U1572268406775 and AyushKumarAK like this.
  3. AyushKumarAK
    Gingerbread Oct 5, 2020

AyushKumarAK , Oct 5, 2020 :
    Could you provide this Feedback to them to upgrade the Android Version too?

Haha,it would be nice if OnePlus does this...I couldn't agree more with you

U1572268406775 and Venky61 like this.
  4. AyushKumarAK
    Gingerbread Feb 20, 2021

AyushKumarAK , Feb 20, 2021 :
    Hey,
    I guess Google is now rolling the Google TV Interface to more & more existing Android TVs.. Is there a possibility that OnePlus will also make us get that in our Q1 Series? Because I think that Google TV Launcher will replace the current Android TV Launchers.

Here's a post for reference - https://www.gsmarena.com/android_tv_gets_updated_ui_more_in_tune_with_google_tv-news-47579.php

5. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Feb 20, 2021

Venky61 , Feb 20, 2021 :
    Yes... the news came more than a week back actually. It's sure that majority of the devices will shift to the new UI but it might take time. Google can actually update the UI you are talking about by just pushing app updates to Android TV home and core libraries but they haven't yet done to Indian users. So, there's delay from Google too.

6. AyushKumarAK
    Gingerbread Feb 25, 2021

AyushKumarAK , Feb 25, 2021 :
    Thanks for the Update.. It'd be cool to see this on OnePlus TV

Venky61 likes this.
  7. gopajyosyula
    Eclair Apr 20, 2021

gopajyosyula , via OnePlus 8 , Apr 20, 2021 :
    Hello Team

Got an update for.my One plus Q1 55 Pro size 845 MB, thought it was an Android 10 update.

Real me selling their TVs with Android 10, where as Oneplus stuck at Android 9 version.

One plus keep saying that our software is almost stock android, but failing frequently to adopt the new updates.

We have recieved android service pack today wilt february update.
    Until today we are using Sept version

I request One plus team should concentrate on updates.

Running a forum with 1000+ people is not great they have deploy more engineers on development.

This is not to hurt anyone.Its my opinion.

Thanks
    Sateesh

8. Yash Pratap Singh.
    KitKat Apr 20, 2021

Yash Pratap Singh. , Apr 20, 2021 :
    Hey, all TVs in the market are currently running A10/9 except the newly launched TCL TV which runs 11.
    OnePlus Q series will most probably get Android 10 because of its hardware capabilities. And newly launched TVs will obviously have A10 for advertisement and to show that they have latest and up-to-date specifications.

9. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Apr 20, 2021

Venky61 , Apr 20, 2021 :
    Please do a search before creating new thread and post in the existing threads on same topic.
    Merged with existing thread.

What exactly are you expecting new in Android 10 and as you said that we were still on Sep security patch till OTA7, you are sure that other OEMs are pushing latest security patches to even those new Android 10 TVs ?

10. gopajyosyula
    Eclair Apr 20, 2021

Expecting a new version doesn't.mean that we are expecting new features, if the system is up to date with latest version of software it consumes less data and most of the new features will be available especially while using Google Assistant.

When can we expect Android 10..On one plus q series TVs..??

11. Yash Pratap Singh.
    KitKat Apr 20, 2021

Who told you that?:rolleyes:
    This is a public forum, and we are users like you and don't have any idea about software ETAs

12. gopajyosyula
    Eclair Apr 20, 2021

Okey..I thought this forum will have exclusive info on updates and posted a question here...

13. Venky61

Venky61 , Apr 20, 2021 :
    You yourself said not new features and again saying that new features of google Assistant.
    Also it's false assumption that it consumes less data with latest software.
    I myself would like to be on the latest update too but comparing the TVs released now is totally wrong. Find a Motorola, Mi or Vu Android TV released in 2019/2020 that has been pushed with Android 10 from Android 9. Except for Mi, none of the other OEMs (not including Sony, Samsung, LG here) even push regular updates to the TVs. Google themselves are pushing all the new features through app updates rather than limiting them to new Android Versions. So rather than just thinking about Version numbers, focus should be on Bugs and Security updates.

Yash Pratap Singh. likes this.
  14. Yash Pratap Singh.
    KitKat Apr 20, 2021

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    But our TV R&D is more interested in treating the Q as a playground for releasing half baked apps :p
    Because clearly the users are demanding new features o_O

15. Venky61

Venky61 , Apr 20, 2021 :
    Speak of the Devil...
    We are talking about Realme TVs giving better update and here's a view from RealMe TV users :p
    upload_2021-4-20_21-9-9.png

16. Yash Pratap Singh.
    KitKat Apr 20, 2021