New Android/Google TV Update

1. AyushKumarAK
    Gingerbread Oct 3, 2020

AyushKumarAK , Oct 3, 2020 :
    Hey,

OnePlus had promised us 3 years of Updates last year with the Q1 Series & recently,Google announced their new Google TV which will replace Android TV in future.

I was wondering if OnePlus is working on those new Updates because we're still on Android 9 - Pie whereas latest version is Android 11..
    I know it doesn't make a huge difference but when OnePlus promised us updates, then we should be getting those, isn't it?

Regards.
    AK.

2. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Oct 3, 2020

Venky61 , Oct 3, 2020 :
    Hey,
    Actually the Chromecast with Google TV that's released is actually Android 10 and not 11, but yea, 11 has been released for testing in couple of devices. The updates on the TV are not like the phones where it reaches the masses within weeks or months after the release. The 3 year support could have been more of updates to improve the software and security but not exactly the Android Version. It's difficult to say and there's no way to say whether OnePlus is working on it or not. But yea, I would be happy to see OnePlus TVs being upgraded to newer version along with other in the market at least.

AyushKumarAK likes this.
  3. AyushKumarAK
    Gingerbread Oct 5, 2020

AyushKumarAK , Oct 5, 2020 :
    Could you provide this Feedback to them to upgrade the Android Version too?

Haha,it would be nice if OnePlus does this...I couldn't agree more with you

Venky61 likes this.
  4. DeannaAdkins
    Cupcake Oct 23, 2020

DeannaAdkins , Oct 23, 2020 :
    I don't think this will be possible

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020