New Beginnings - OnePlus Nord

1. kaihp
    Jelly Bean Jul 3, 2020

kaihp , Jul 3, 2020 :
    I do. It's still a step back.

This "we want to build hype" thing is foolish.

2. karthikblues
    Eclair Jul 3, 2020

AbhijnanGhosh likes this.
  3. dipesh mehta
    Froyo Jul 3, 2020

4. chistery
    Honeycomb Jul 3, 2020

chistery , Jul 3, 2020 :
    You can get the Huawei P40 Lite 5G for £350, and whilst it doesn't have GMS, that's the sort of price range that a similar phone should go for. I suspect we'll see it a lot higher though.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020

5. RicardoCortez23
    Cupcake Jul 3, 2020

RicardoCortez23 , Jul 3, 2020 :
    Released in a month? Just in August?

6. RicardoCortez23
    Cupcake Jul 3, 2020

7. Topper_Gas
    Jelly Bean Jul 3, 2020

Topper_Gas , Jul 3, 2020 :
    That's pre tax with no warranty though, the official UK price is £500 for 256GB with a two year warranty. If the Nord comes in under €500/around £400 it will be a reasonable price, anymore and the Poco F2/OP7T seem better buys.

8. GeNiUs5
    Gingerbread Jul 3, 2020

9. Q1577693303142 , via OnePlus Community App , Jul 3, 2020 :

Topper_Gas

That's pre tax with no warranty though, the official UK price is £500 for 256GB with a two year warranty. If the Nord comes in under €500/around £400 it will be a reasonable price, anymore and the Poco F2/OP7T seem better buys.​

400 is still expensive if you want to make it big in this segment.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020

10. SeanViper86
    Eclair Jul 4, 2020

S1593822188783 likes this.
  11. S1593822188783
    Cupcake Jul 4, 2020

12. RogerOriginals
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 4, 2020

RogerOriginals , via OnePlus 6T Mirror Black , Jul 4, 2020 :
    I want to pre-order the phone, but you guys need to clear up the exact price of the phone, internals, and most importantly, the launch date. The promotions your are holding now are only for die-hard OnePlus fans, who'll buy anything that has a OnePlus logo on it. Others like me, wish to make an informed decision after seeing all the details available. We need more clarifications, it's inconvenient for those who actually want to buy Nord but don't act on a whim.

jp4lm likes this.
  13. RogerOriginals
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 4, 2020

RogerOriginals , via OnePlus 6T Mirror Black , Jul 4, 2020 :
    They said it won't be available at the beginning, but there is a good chance they may bring it to US after seeing how the reception is in India and Europe.

SeanViper86 likes this.
  14. @kaatil
    Cupcake Jul 4, 2020

@kaatil , Jul 4, 2020 :
    my OnePlus 7t is not working properly
    it's been 1 month ago whenever I start my mobile ( one plus 7t ) this going to be hang . their is some hanging problem
    so please it's my request you have to solve this problem
    thank you [e]1f60a[/e]

Adee_adarsh likes this.
  15. controlcrazy
    Gingerbread Jul 4, 2020

16. ASCHENTE_V
    Jelly Bean Jul 4, 2020

ASCHENTE_V , Jul 4, 2020 :
    @Zach X. Exactly, all this shit with pre-ordering the product, you actually know almost nothing OFFICIALLY about, is insanely awful. This's a crappy practice to the word.

It reminds me of the gaming industry, especially Ubisoft, which opened the pre-orders for Valhalla, now selling the game, season pass, lots of crazy editions, collector's editions🤦, special mission only for the pre-ordering 🤦🤦, another unique mission only for special edition🤦🤦🤦. The best thing about it is... Just guess, how many gameplay were we shown? - Zero, just zero of actual gameplay. Only cinematic trailer, game-engine trailer and tons of bla-bla-bla...

And here OnePlus is kicking the damn door with SPECIAL box or whatever people are getting for pre-ordering 🤨🤨🤨. Where is the phone itself? Where is the damn phone? Show your Nord, hold a full presentation and then open your pre-orders... That's how it should be done.
    1593837186796.jpg

Chungtd, Naveen_006 and Artemus. like this.
  17. Treyman
    Cupcake Jul 4, 2020

Treyman , Jul 4, 2020 :
    Very disappointed to hear that this will not be coming to North America. The mid range mobile market in the US is full of really pathetic attempts at an affordable phone. Most of them are afterthoughts of random leftover parts from other phones that are put together as a money grab. Quality, usability, and functionality are not priorities.

From what has been shown of the NordZThing, it seems this is a device that has quality parts with great software at a price that doesn't require multi-year payments. This kind of device does not exist in this market.

I hope Oneplus reconsiders their decision and brings this phone to NA. At the very least, restock the store with the 7T so there is something in the sub $500 range worth buying.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020

18. akks and Dresa91 like this.