New Beginnings - OnePlus Nord

1. salauddin@007
    Eclair Jul 18, 2020

2. Sriram Annayan
    Cupcake Jul 18, 2020

3. mohal
    Honeycomb Jul 18, 2020

mohal , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 18, 2020 :
    Everyone here is betrayed by OnePlus now a days. The are making devices day by day.

H1593277004560 likes this.
  4. mohal
    Honeycomb Jul 18, 2020

mohal , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 18, 2020 :
    This is not good OnePlus. You are really frustrating customers. Making new phones day by day is not right thing to do. I m OnePlus 6t customer and there are lot of people like me who bought this costly device. But you are forgetting this and only concentrate new series. Some says OnePlus has lack of developers but lot of devices (like samsung) look at you 6, 6t, 6t McLaren, 7, 7pro, 7t, 7t pro, may be McLaren also, 8, 8 pro and now nord. Made 9 devices in a year.. So plz stop doing this and take care of old series instead of stupid things. Hope OnePlus understand what i means. As you headline ..This is not beginning, this can be end of OnePlus..

H1593277004560 likes this.
  5. Topper_Gas
    Jelly Bean Jul 18, 2020

Topper_Gas , Jul 18, 2020 :
    Hardly day by day, just new devices around every 6 months, which has been the case since the 3's Plus it was widely publicised OP intended introducing a cheaper version of the OP8 so anybody who bought a new device before it was introduced can hardly now blame OP. However, the Nord will be running a 765 SoC which is inferior than the 855 SoC in the OP8's in any event.

6. jimbonetti , via OnePlus Community App , Jul 19, 2020 :
    Not of course, you have to buy It anyway

7. xcs
    Cupcake Jul 19, 2020

xcs , Jul 19, 2020 :
    You do not have to buy it - the pre-order coupon gives you access on the first batch of phones (there was a rumor that it will be invite only but can not say for sure). If you do not want to buy it you do not have to buy it, but you will not receive a refund (they stated this in the pre-order emails).

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020

8. gemy
    Cupcake Jul 20, 2020

9. abdulla786
    Cupcake Jul 21, 2020

Hima_Sumanth likes this.
  10. Ozymandias_Osiris
    Gingerbread Jul 21, 2020

Ozymandias_Osiris , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 21, 2020 :
    Hmm kind off expensive with the old chip that it has and nothing that makes it different than the phones at the same price range ,at 300 eur I would buy it,but 400 and 500,too much for it

11. j0shuag
    Cupcake Jul 21, 2020

j0shuag , Jul 21, 2020 :
    I am actually trying to find the answer to this question as well! Specifically, if you can use a USB C to multiport or display adapter (like to HDMI or DisplayPort) and native video output works?
    I am a bit worried since I saw the USB C port will be back to the older spec 2.0 that was found in <= 6T ... see a few links:
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/usb-c-to-hdmi.896527/
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oneplus-6-hdmi-support.878914/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/oneplus/comments/9uqq0t/does_the_new_6t_support_usbctohdmi_adapters/

But then working fine with 7 and 8 series (with USB C 3.0 port):
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/cant-mirror-screen-with-hdmi.1238894/

12. j0shuag
    Cupcake Jul 21, 2020

j0shuag , Jul 21, 2020 :

I posted this reply on the launch thread as well but thought maybe I should post here also since the replies in that thread disappear insanely fast!

Not sure if this helps or is even confirmed 100% but I was able to chat with support and got the following answer (name masked to protect the innocent :p ):

Customer Support:
    As I understood you want to know will it support type C to HDMI,right?

Me:
    Yes exactly, native video out from the USB type C to HDMI or maybe DisplayPort

Customer Support:
    As per the details it will support by using an type C to HDMI converter and connect it to TV or additional display device.

Me:
    Ah ok so it does support type C to HDMI then ? that is great!
    That is actually the only question I have... thank you so much for the quick and easy answer!

Customer Support:
    It support this feature.
    Is there anything else I can help you with?

13. J1540956559797
    Cupcake Jul 21, 2020

14. Grey_fox
    Gingerbread Jul 22, 2020

15. S1594871716035
    Donut Jul 26, 2020

S1594871716035 , via OnePlus 6 , Jul 26, 2020 :
    What's the use in Pre ordering One plus Nord

I was eagerly waiting for the one plus nord from the moment that I heard that one plus launching new budget mobile. I was very excited about it and that's the reason why I have pre ordered on 15th July on Amazon.in even without knowing the prize and specifications of the phone that's the amount of trust I had on OnePlus. But, now I am deeply disappointed. I feel like cheated with your Marketing strategy. Again i am not talking about the phone. I was impressed with the phone specs and prizing. I am talking about how all the pre ordered customers were being treated by you. We were atleast expecting the preference would be given to us(who preordered). Now we just have to buy in open sale with the rest( this is not expected for those who blindly ordered the phones trusting the brand).

And also we expected the 499 voucher to be redeemable in amazon.in while purchasing.

Many of my friends, were also of same opinion. This will definitely impact your credibility in future.

16. emski52
    Cupcake Jul 26, 2020

17. Abhay_m
    Cupcake Jul 28, 2020 at 7:10 PM