[New Feature Proposal] Notification Led via OnePlus 7

1. chmarko97
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2019

chmarko97 , via OnePlus 7 , Dec 6, 2019 :
    Hi everyone,

I'm an Italian MSc student of Computer science and I've recently switched back to OnePlus with my 7 from my old Samsung Galaxy S8. I've been a OnePlus One buyer years ago, now I'm back.

My new device is incredibly fast, incredibly smooth and I have all I need. By the way, I'd like to propose a new feature, which I think could interest to a lot you. The idea is pretty simple: why don't replace the useful physical notification LED with a virtual notification LED exploiting the amazing OLED display in our devices? This could be a simple and smart way to keep always notifications monitored. Yeah, I know about ambient display, but this could be an interesting, and easy to implement, alternative.
    This Virtual Notification LED could simply appear as a blinking dot when phone is locked, as a normal notification LED.
    For preventing burn-in situations, Virtual LED can simply move every x seconds.
    And also, why not having different virtual notification LED? Like different colours for different app notifications.

Let me know if also you like this idea,
    Hope you all have a good day,
    Marco

buntycubal likes this.
  2. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Dec 9, 2019

Cheetosdust , Dec 9, 2019 :
    Ciao Marco and welcome to the forums :)

The best way to let the developers know about your idea/suggestion is to write a message here.

In this case, just select "Submit a Suggestion" and write a detailed post with what you are, well, suggesting.

Have fun! :cool:

buntycubal and chmarko97 like this.
  3. chmarko97
    Cupcake Dec 9, 2019

chmarko97 , Dec 9, 2019 :
    Thank you! I'll follow your advice!

buntycubal and Cheetosdust like this.