Do you want a referral system?

1. Yes

58.3%
  2. No

41.7%
  1. Croatys
    Froyo May 18, 2014

Croatys , May 18, 2014 :
    Soo.. I've been reading that you could get invites by being active in the forums etc. This lead to an increase of spammers who just wanted to have a higher message count. That's why I came of an idea to have some sort of referral system.

How this would work:
    1) Everyone has his own unique key or link
    2) The unique key can be send to anyone (by means of: facebook, email etc.)
    3) A new user creates an account using the unique key/link of someone
    4) The unique key's user gets a points for every referral he brings
    5) The more points he gets, the bigger the chance he'll get an invite

This way we will restrict the amount of spammers on the forum, but at the same time we will make OnePlus more known.

2. janlaa
    Eclair May 18, 2014

Croatys likes this.
  3. Croatys
    Froyo May 18, 2014

4. BlueLightning
    Gingerbread May 18, 2014

BlueLightning , May 18, 2014 :
    no! I don't have anyone to invite =) so I will probably don't get a phone too soon with this being a thing.

Randy_Gonzalez and Fjodor_NL like this.
  5. bobblify
    Froyo May 18, 2014

bobblify , May 18, 2014 :
    Not to be the pessimist but wouldn't that just cause the spammers to start spamming new accounts (referred by themselves) instead of posts? Maybe that actually is better than completely useless posts, but there might still be some sort of spamming going on..

Fjodor_NL likes this.
  6. Croatys
    Froyo May 18, 2014

Croatys , May 18, 2014 :
    Well, at least it would take them more time to make accounts rather than spam on the forum.

doctorwhovian likes this.
  7. Strick
    Gingerbread May 18, 2014

Strick , May 18, 2014 :
    Not jsut that, but if you, just like me, happen to have no friends who are interested in the OPO so they would be damned to wait :)

8. Croatys
    Froyo May 18, 2014

Croatys , May 18, 2014 :
    Well I think that the invite system is just temporarily. So it will go away after some time. But untill then I think it is a better method to become widely known, rather than spamming. :p

9. coolzein
    Honeycomb May 18, 2014

10. richardxyx
    Gingerbread May 18, 2014

richardxyx , May 18, 2014 :
    I don't think that this would be fair. The spammers could make fake accounts and the true supporters won't get the o+o...

11. T00Sp00kyFoU
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 18, 2014

T00Sp00kyFoU , May 18, 2014 :
    Invites would spread like wildfire and there would be no point in their being an invite system. They are trying to afford having the device on back order for those who buy and like this, everyone would end up buying in such a short window it would be on back order.

12. Happy Monk

13. Croatys
    Froyo May 18, 2014

Croatys , May 18, 2014 :
    They are already doing it now. They are spamming on the forum and thus gaining a higher chance for an invite. With this system, the spammers have to put in more effort.

14. aaroninserra
    Gingerbread May 18, 2014

aaroninserra , May 18, 2014 :
    I just really hope people don't start selling the invites. This has probably already been addressed, but I am holding out for some decency.

bannaboo17 likes this.
  15. Shadow21
    Honeycomb May 18, 2014

Shadow21 , May 18, 2014 :
    Everyone would just make fake accounts with their referral link lol. Wouldn't work I think

keyekkk likes this.
  16. keyekkk
    Honeycomb May 18, 2014

keyekkk , May 18, 2014 :
    This is exactly what will happen

17. BilalBahamani

BilalBahamani , May 18, 2014 :
    Yes... Good idea... But, I'm sure OnePlus must've thought about everything before they decided on the best way to give invites away....

PS: I think that OnePlus won't be giving out invitation for us to give away so soon... It'll be a bummer for the other people in this community. Hey! that is what i think...

18. FourZer0

FourZer0 , May 18, 2014 :
    I, like many people, would just refer more of my own emails and get 5 invites.

19. Croatys
    Froyo May 18, 2014

Croatys , May 18, 2014 :
    Just to state: I didn't say that you would get 1 invite per referral. I said that the higher referrals you have obtained, the bigger the chance you will get an invite.

20. beleaf
    Jelly Bean May 18, 2014

beleaf , May 18, 2014 :
    OnePlus already decided to the route with invites for the earliest members, which I think will play a large role in determining the order. If you haven't noticed, only new members and members have began spamming. These are the same people that will have to wait for an invite from the system OnePlus has established. Spamming isn't going to help, but the recent forum members believe that's the only way to get an invite. They're wrong. It's sad to see what the forums have amounted to these past few weeks, but we're all here to get one thing and that's the OnePlus One. Until everyone is satisfied, no matter what we do, we're going to see spammers and people begging for invites.