New Member and User Ambassador: Cassius from Shenzhen China

1. Cassius N.
    OnePlus User Ambassador Staff Member Jul 16, 2020

Cassius N. , Jul 16, 2020 :
    Hey everyone, this is Cassius and I am new to the OnePlus community. Currently, I am working at OnePlus headquarters’ strategy department, and luckily just got selected as one of the Global OnePlus User Ambassador (honestly, I don’t really know what am I supposed to do with this fancy title, but let’s just have some fun!!)

Little bit about myself...
    Originally I am from Urumqi, China, I am not sure how many of you may have heard about it, my hometown is located in the northwest part of China. I went to the States when I was 14 for high schools, and stayed for my undergraduate. Then I went to UK for my masters, worked in Singapore for about a half-year. And here I am, working as a Strategy Analyst at OnePlus headquarter.

In my spare time
    My interests are always varied and fickle, never lasting too long. Perhaps because I am a Gemini lol. Once I saw a quote on Pinterest “With a Gemini it’s either a hit or miss. They either can vibe with you or they can’t stand your ***.”, I feel it is so me hahahhh. Anyway, I enjoy travelling a lot, I have been to the States, Canada, Mexico, Bahamas, South Korea, Japan, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, the UK, Spain, Italy, France, Netherland, Greece, Morocco etc. you name it. So please let me know if you have any holiday recommendations, I would happy to share mine as well. And I love extreme sports a lot, sky-diving, bungee-jumping, motocross, alpine snowboarding…

What I do at OnePlus
    Now, I am working in the Strategy dept. basically it is an internal consultant role catering to all business functions, for example, operations, products, sales and marketing, OS, hardware, human resources etc. So there is no such thing as daily routine, every day is different and it is really depending on what project you are on. Currently, I am working on OnePlus IoT and ecosystem strategy, with a focus on India region. So do let me know if you have any cool ideas or what product pipeline you are expecting in the coming days.

Share my recent life
    I went to Shanghai last weekends for one of my best friend’s birthday, we went to restaurants, bars, clubs, theatres, and had loads of fun. But I caught a bad cold after I returned to Shenzhen, you know getting a cold during the pandemic can become a headache. I’ve got some symptoms that matches with the Covid, so I went for a nucleic acid testing (trying to be a responsive person, to myself and my colleagues), luckily the result is negative. So all my friends, please wear a mask, and wash your hands often and carefully! Let me know what you up to and let's have some fun together!!

2. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Jul 16, 2020

Mr. BG , Jul 16, 2020 :
    Welcome!

Gemini too here :)

I'm happy that turned out just right!

superplus, buntycubal, SoniaB and 3 others like this.
  3. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 Jul 16, 2020

4. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Community Expert Jul 16, 2020

Bouncer71 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jul 16, 2020 :
    Welcome to the community Cassius...! :)

Pretty cool job you got there and don't worry...
    Titles are only fancy if can't live up to them... ;)

I'm sure you'll be pretty good as an ambassador... !

So enjoy the work and the time here... :D

Cheers...

5. SeanPlus
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 16, 2020

6. iharshjjain
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 16, 2020

iharshjjain , Jul 16, 2020 :
    Namaste..

If you haven't been to India then your travel hobby is boring..
    Its so diverse. Its Old, Modern, Urban, Cultural and many more that i cant describe.
    Be my guest..

7. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Jul 16, 2020

8. pablofg1978
    Nougat Head Moderator Jul 16, 2020

pablofg1978 , Jul 16, 2020 :
    Hello Cassius! Welcome to the community!

9. fragargon
    Jelly Bean Jul 16, 2020

fragargon , Jul 16, 2020 :
    It seems that this program growing, welcome to the OnePlus community. Global users embassador, leading them?

That's an impressive destination list.

You said it. Be carefull everyone. Stay safe, wear a mask, clean your hands and avoid crowded places!
    Happy you are safe.

10. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Jul 16, 2020

YRJ , Jul 16, 2020 :
    Hello @Cassius N. ,
    Congratulations on being the first-ever User Ambassadors (honestly, I too don't know what that means) ,who has graced the forums!
    Happy to meet you :)

I assume that the user ambassador are going to bridge the gap between users and staff, giving us a glimpse of what happens behind the curtains. And tbh, it's pretty interesting to learn what all happens behind the scenes. May I suggest that once everyone joins the forums, you reignite the Behind the scenes thread or perhaps even start a new one?
    I'll leave that for the community team to consider.
    c.c. : @Crystal Z. @Trista W.

I hear the term ecosystem more often now, without going too much into the details, I would love to see the company blend hardware and software in a way that everything connects seamlessly and works in harmony.

To name a few, I would love to see products such as smart watches / Bands, smart speakers and MR Glasses or maybe even a full fledged Laptop with lives up to the FSE mantra.

Cheers!

11. Batman360
    Lollipop Jul 16, 2020

Batman360 , Jul 16, 2020 :
    Heyy there @Cassius N. 😄 Welcome to the forums 😊

I'm loving the sound of it, let's see what's coming up Soon™ 😉

12. Horsault
    Nougat Moderator Jul 16, 2020

13. Cassius N.
    OnePlus User Ambassador Staff Member Jul 17, 2020

buntycubal, Dresa91 and Batman360 like this.
  14. Cassius N.

Cassius N. , Jul 17, 2020 :
    haha, stay tuned for our new IoT products!!!

15. Cassius N.

Sure, I will post here more often of what I do at OnePlus, and maybe some bebind the scenes if that meets our compliance requirements haha.

OnePlus is positioned as Fast and Smooth, and seamless connection/ burdenless experience is top priority for us! not only in hardware, but software, and between each devices (smart phone, tv, future IoT products!!!)

16. Cassius N.

Thanks Fragargon!!! let's see what User Ambassador will do!

sad I cant go anywhere this year due to the pandemic outbreak :(
    Stay Safe!!

17. Cassius N.

Thanks!! hope you are enjoying our community so far!

18. Cassius N.

19. Cassius N.

Namaste!!
    TBH, India is always on my list, but did not get a chance yet. There are suppose lots of work trip for me this year since I am doing an India project, but the lockdown....sigh :(

20. Cassius N.

Thanks, sure I will try to post more often here!