New Oneplus 3t stuck on screen after update

1. tiger_j000
    Cupcake Mar 2, 2017

tiger_j000 , Mar 2, 2017 :
    Hi all, I was wondering if anyone could assist.

My oneplus 3t arrived today. I went through set up etc. Once set up it stated that there was an update available. It downloaded, restarted and then stated that “install failed.

It is now stuck on the oneplus symbol with powered by android at the bottom.

Additionally, when attempting to go into recovery mode (holding power and volume down), all the mobile does is restart over and over again only to the oneplus symbol screen.

Any ideas what to do?

Thank you :)

2. rafael1628
    Gingerbread Mar 2, 2017

rafael1628 , Mar 2, 2017 :
    The same thing happened to me ... contact support and they will schedule a remote session.

3. meatandy
    Oreo Mar 2, 2017

meatandy , Mar 2, 2017 :
    Call or email support

4. tiger_j000
    Cupcake Mar 2, 2017

Called already, they scheduled on 5th, thats 4 days without a mobile!

Not impressed.
    Thats why i asked here in case anyone knows a faster method.

Gaurav Lonkar likes this.
  5. Bartnl
    Lollipop Mar 2, 2017

Bartnl , Mar 2, 2017 :
    That's sh** this is happening. But no worries :)

You could try to get into fastboot mode (Power and Volume+) and adb sideload the latest rom. (this is what support will do on the 5th)
    How too:
    http://downloads.oneplus.net/oneplus-3t/oneplus_3t_oxygenos_4.0.3/
    Also latest rom can be downloaded there.
    adb files + some ore info:
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/...wrp-root-nandroid-efs-backup-and-more.475142/

Edit:
    You can also try this tool to get into recovery and/or fastboot mode
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-3t/development/toolkit-oneplus-3t-toolkit-unlock-t3507729

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017

6. flipclone
    Eclair Mar 2, 2017

flipclone , Mar 2, 2017 :
    same thing happened to me, bricked my 3t ONE HOUR after opening all because OxygenOS cant handle an OTA update to Nougat. I had already switched my SIM over to nano from micro and could not use my old phone as backup so couldnt wait a week for help support.

i could access fastboot but not recovery, found xda thread with a toolkit that gave me back access to recovery and un-brick my 3t.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-3t/how-to/unbrick-unbrick-tutorial-oneplus-3t-t3515306

afendrich likes this.
  7. tiger_j000
    Cupcake Mar 2, 2017

This didnt work for me

It just states Android Bootloader Interface, then the MSM Download tool doesnt pick anything up.

QHUSB_BULK didnt appear anywhere

8. tiger_j000
    Cupcake Mar 2, 2017

I sorted it out now, thanks all.

If anyone else has the same issue let me know and I will explain what you need to do.

:)

9. rene.gurlin
    Cupcake Mar 2, 2017

rene.gurlin , Mar 2, 2017 :
    I have the same issue. New device, just unboxed and tried to install the update. Installation failed and after a reboot it was stuck on decypting. Rebooted again in recovery, did a wipe but im stuck in a loop now. I tried to install the stock image according to the manual with adb sideload, but installation fails everytime after a few seconds.

10. bkitchen64
    Cupcake Mar 2, 2017

bkitchen64 , Mar 2, 2017 :
    Hi. I have exactly the same problem. Any guidance appreciated :)

11. afendrich
    Cupcake Mar 2, 2017

afendrich , Mar 2, 2017 :
    I also used this technique to unbrick my new phone..

12. tiger_j000
    Cupcake Mar 2, 2017

Best Answer
    First thing you need to do is Download Driver and Unbricktool
    1) Driver:https://mega.nz/#!AgohmbqC!h16GeeOnl...iWVvYsXSAeKIA8
    2) Unbricktool(OP3T):https://mega.nz/#!Q1YnTTAT!gnLf6NEkS...1-vReKx7B1VVpI

Step 1: Extract Drivers and Recovery Tool files on Desktop

Step 2: Then you have to turn off Driver Signature Enforcement. To do so,follow this guide :http://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how....igned-drivers/
    or google how to turn off Driver Signature Enforcement on windows (whichever you have)

Step 3: Press the power button for at least 40 seconds to turn off the phone. Count to 40 seconds whilst holding the power button. During this time the mobile will switch on and off repeatedly. After 40 seconds wait for the screen to turn off again and simply let go of the power button.

Step 4: Press the volume up button for 10 seconds, whilst holding the volume up, connect the oneplus 3t to your computer (USB).

Step 5: Open your device-manager on your computer, and make sure under "Unknown devices" there is a one device with the name "QHUSB_BULK".

Step 6: Right Click on your device in the device manager and select Update Device drivers. Click browse, not automatic. Choose the drivers which you downloaded at the start. Should be on your desktop. You would then have successfully installed the drivers on your computer.

Step 7: On device manager, the device should now be "Qualcomm 9008". Now you would need to open up the OnePlus3T_28_A.23_161027 folder (on the desktop) and find the MsmDownloadTool V3.0 file. When you find it, right click and select run as administrator.

Step 8: Click start on the MSMDownload software at top left corner and wait for it to finish (green text will come).

Step 9: Disconnect phone from your computer. Your mobile will still be on the oneplus screen. Switch it off, and turn it on again. You will now be able to use your oneplus as new again.

All of this info can be found on the XDA forum, I just cleaned it up, and dded some steps.

Thanks

bkitchen64 likes this.
  13. bkitchen64
    Cupcake Mar 2, 2017

bkitchen64 , Mar 2, 2017 :
    Thank you :)

14. manjot1469
    Cupcake Mar 2, 2017

15. krutts16
    Cupcake Mar 2, 2017

krutts16 , Mar 2, 2017 :
    I think I have the same issue. Please help! I've already been phone-less for the last 5 days and I got this new OnePlus 3t and after installing everything it just switched off and won't turn on! Please tell me what to do!!

16. tiger_j000
    Cupcake Mar 2, 2017

17. flipclone
    Eclair Mar 3, 2017

flipclone , Mar 3, 2017 :
    post 12 is the EXACT info from the xda thread i linked you to that you said did not work for you.

18. tiger_j000
    Cupcake Mar 3, 2017

tiger_j000 , Mar 3, 2017 :
    Thats right

Thats is why I stated "All of this info can be found on the XDA forum, I just cleaned it up, and added some steps."

19. F_Mukul_Verma_VJCt
    Gingerbread Mar 19, 2017

F_Mukul_Verma_VJCt , Mar 19, 2017 :
    Will I be able to save my data like photos and videos ?
    They are very important to me. Can someone please suggest me some workaround to save my data.

Thank you

20. F_Mukul_Verma_VJCt
    Gingerbread Mar 19, 2017

F_Mukul_Verma_VJCt , Mar 19, 2017 :
    Hi Tiger,
    Will I be able to save my data like photos and videos.
    My Phone got bricked while updating to nougat 7.1.1 update.
    I dont want to lose my data.
    Please help.

Thank you