new Oxygen OS via OnePlus 7 Pro

1. Shadow Alishan
    Cupcake Oct 21, 2019

akhillad and AdityaAgrawal516 like this.
  2. B_Wrath
    Marshmallow Oct 21, 2019

B_Wrath , Oct 21, 2019 :
    What's your idea when your phone freezes or malfunctions and you need to restart?

3. KeepTransisting
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Oct 21, 2019

KeepTransisting , Oct 21, 2019 :
    It wouldn't matter because a thief can just hold volume up and power to force the phone to reboot and then go into recovery.

4. Shadow Alishan , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Oct 21, 2019 :

KeepTransisting

It wouldn't matter because a thief can just hold volume up and power to force the phone to reboot and then go into recovery.​

if my phone is been thrift if I have to locate my device but the thief will power off and I will not be able to locate it

5. KeepTransisting

I know, and having a power off password won't stop them because they can just reboot the phone by holding volume up and power

6. AdityaAgrawal516 , via OnePlus 7 Mirror Gray , Oct 21, 2019 :
    A force restart by pressing power button or by combination of power button and volume up. :) It will restart the phone but not switch it off. And all malfunction are gone. Biy this is what Samsung have implemented. It the most convenient method. Even helps in case of phone gets lost or stolen as location through internet can be known if data is on and phone is locked, since intruder couldn't turn it off without password. :)

7. AdityaAgrawal516 , via OnePlus 7 Mirror Gray , Oct 21, 2019 :
    having controls can atleast reduce the risk to significantly low level. something is better than nothing. If a thief is not tech genius , he might resort to switching the phone off, but because of this control he won't be able to do so.

8. Madnezz4Ever
    Jelly Bean Oct 21, 2019

Madnezz4Ever , Oct 21, 2019 :
    It doesn't matter if they add a password as all they have to do is turn off data or pull the sim card, which both require no password.

Which means bye bye phone as you won't be able to track it.

This has been suggested multiple times already.

9. KeepTransisting

If a thief is willing to steal your cell phone, you bet your *** they're going to know to at least pop the sim card.

10. JmcRepair33
    Honeycomb Oct 21, 2019

JmcRepair33 , Oct 21, 2019 :
    actually your pin will need to be put in the Recovery brother. If they set up a pin. awesome feature implemented into recovery for oneplus

12. Madnezz4Ever
    Jelly Bean Oct 21, 2019

Madnezz4Ever , Oct 21, 2019 :
    You can still turn off data from the lock screen.

It takes a few minutes or less to wedge out your sim card, which in most cases is not enough time to track down and locate your cell phone.

13. AdityaAgrawal516 , via OnePlus 7 Mirror Gray , Oct 21, 2019 :
    in android 10 there is option to not alow to access notification panel so no data off

14. Shadow Alishan , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Oct 22, 2019 :
    the thief will first power off the phone and we will not be able to find it can anyone suggest good way to find it.

15. Madnezz4Ever
    Jelly Bean Oct 22, 2019

Madnezz4Ever , Oct 22, 2019 :
    Assuming they don't pull the sim card, you can track it by going to My Devices on Googles site.

17. Madnezz4Ever
    Jelly Bean Oct 22, 2019

Shadow Alishan

Madnezz4Ever

Assuming they don't pull the sim card, you can track it by going to My Devices on Googles site.

no other method available?​

Not sure why you need another method as you're able to track, lock and erase your phone.

You can try searching the web for another method.

If you're constantly worried about someone swiping your phone, you can always get one of those retractable tethers that allows you to connect your phone to yourself and still be able to use it.

18. Shadow Alishan , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Oct 22, 2019 :
    I just want a method to locate even if my phone is power off because nowadays to locate a phone is being difficult.[e]263a[/e]️[e]263a[/e]️

19. Madnezz4Ever
    Jelly Bean Oct 22, 2019

There isn't one other then attaching some kinda of tracker on your phone like they use for drones.

Don't give people the opportunity to steal your phone and you won't have an issue.

20. KeepTransisting
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Oct 22, 2019

KeepTransisting , Oct 22, 2019 :
    Yep. Taking care of your device first and foremost to prevent theft is simply the best solution.