OxygenOS New OxygenOS update confirmed to be fixing battery drainage.

1. saddeadpoet
    Cupcake Jan 13, 2017

saddeadpoet , Jan 13, 2017 :
    I still can`t get it in my mind. And it`s not that i don`t know anything about the issues and problems of running a big company. Does OnePlusOne even run anything like an "quality managment team" , (just some guys who control what the other nerds(developers) are doing). I don´t think so, our maybe they all celebrated the new year a little bit "too heavy". First Nougat Update(7.0.0): Downloading for 6 hours(ok maybe server issues) and than the problem with the "14% Volume" arrived. Just think about it, how blind somebody can be , not to realize that it`s not possible to lower your ring volume under 14% ! (It`s only comparible, to somebody who just realized that a car needs a door to enter it). Then the next great update arrived(7.0.1) and it got even worse, now i haven`t a smartphone but a heater in my pocket, seeing my battery losing around 0,5% and 1% energy per minute. The battery of the device is now a joke. My only advise for the company leaders: think about the bad reputation that you get through that kind of really unnecessary horrible issues. This is different, than having some fixing for camera or display. This is an absolute NO-GO. This consequent failures of you`re developers and/or you`re quality control team, must have consequences.

P.s. ofc i`m talking about a OnePlusOne 3 , not rooted, not looted and without any Facebook crap,...

2. G_Prakhar_Trivedi_mWpt
    Cupcake Jan 13, 2017

G_Prakhar_Trivedi_mWpt , Jan 13, 2017 :
    before a couple of day I bought a new one plus 3t from Amazon and m facing one issue that it's getting hot when m using my phone on wifi even while using normal apps no games plz help ?

3. tt2011
    Cupcake Jan 13, 2017

4. adwaitatre
    Froyo Jan 13, 2017

5. Rithari
    Gingerbread Jan 13, 2017

Rithari , Jan 13, 2017 :
    I'm sorry but what's a OPO3?

Jokes aside, (it's OnePlus 3 not OnePlus One 3)
    I totally agree with you, since Nougat there have been countless issues with the devices, I just hope the fix gets released today or tomorrow.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017

saddeadpoet likes this.
  6. anuj.nliu
    Cupcake Jan 13, 2017

anuj.nliu , Jan 13, 2017 :
    Hi, i know but there is no way for a new user to stsrt a thread. anyways, have posted my query. just so that you know that i was not kidding, the issue i am having is as under: i have recently installed oxygen 3.5.6 update on my OP2. Since installing the update, as soon as i disconnect a call, the phone automatically makes a whatsapp call on that number (if the person is on my whatsapp list. I havent observed this bug when i dial a random mobile number not in my address book). Anyone else facing this issue?

7. F_Shriyansh_Choudhary_iz
    Cupcake Jan 13, 2017

8. anuj.nliu
    Cupcake Jan 13, 2017

anuj.nliu , Jan 13, 2017 :
    Hi, i know but there is no way for a new user to stsrt a thread. anyways, have posted my query. just so that you know that i was not kidding, the issue i am having is as under: i have recently installed oxygen 3.5.6 update on my OP2. Since installing the update, as soon as i disconnect a call, the phone automatically makes a whatsapp call on that number (if the person is on my whatsapp list. I havent observed this bug when i dial a random mobile number not in my address book). Anyone else facing this issue?

9. ReTardis
    Froyo Jan 13, 2017

ReTardis , Jan 13, 2017 :
    It's all because they promised a nougat update before 2017, so they dropped it unfinished to fulfill their promise. I think they may need like month or two now to polish their update.

saddeadpoet likes this.
  10. ybanks87
    Cupcake Jan 13, 2017

11. Branca
    Donut Jan 13, 2017

Branca , Jan 13, 2017 :
    I really hope so :)

To be honest, as specified in my post, I am still on Marshmellow so I don't know if this is something strictly related to Nougat.

On the other hand searching here and on XDA I saw that many people, coming from differente devices, are suffering of this and until now, or maybe I have not found it yet, no one has found something that seems the real cause with a consequent real solution.

This is why I was asking about this ;)

I'm really hoping that the next update will solve!

saddeadpoet likes this.
  12. Rithari
    Gingerbread Jan 13, 2017

Rithari , Jan 13, 2017 :
    You can give the answer yourself, it's Nougat! Still hoping to get the update asap, it's really sad to live with a short battery.

Branca likes this.
  13. rafidnassir
    Eclair Jan 13, 2017

14. jakeliv94
    Cupcake Jan 13, 2017

jakeliv94 , Jan 13, 2017 :
    awesome thank you

15. Branca
    Donut Jan 13, 2017

Branca , Jan 13, 2017 :
    Really hoping so, even if someone else about my battery drain is thinking about the famous and never solved "Mobile Radio Active" (https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=190396) bug. If it's this the case it will be really very anoing!

By the way, for what concern the update, I am Italian and OnePlus Italia on Twitter is promising the 4.0.2 for the next week.

16. Rafaelgacesa
    Eclair Jan 14, 2017

Rafaelgacesa , Jan 14, 2017 :
    Hope this is true... I've tried everything and my OP 3T on OOS 4.0.1 is failing miserably.

validator771100 likes this.
  17. Rithari
    Gingerbread Jan 14, 2017

Rithari , Jan 14, 2017 :
    Next week?

They told me this week.

18. Shubham Sharma324c17
    Froyo Jan 14, 2017

19. Rithari
    Gingerbread Jan 14, 2017

20. waiel5
    Gingerbread Jan 14, 2017