[New Project] Community Workshop - Exclusive photography tips and tricks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leo X.
    Community Team Staff Member Apr 26, 2021

Leo X. , Apr 26, 2021 :
    soogif-3.gif

How's it going guys!

Calling all the shutterbugs and golden-hour enthusiasts, we’ve got an exciting new series that’ll help you improve your photography game and take your best shots yet!

Teaming up with legendary camera maker Hasselblad, we brought you our best smartphone camera yet. Now that you have the camera, we want to dive into the amazing world of smartphone photography with you. Join us as we take a look at the in-depth details of mobile photography.

This series will take you through a wide spectrum of interesting topics, ranging from technical aspects such as ISO and shutter speed, to creative insights like how to compose a frame.

This time we have invited several masters to be our guest instructors!
    Your instructors will be photographers
    With their guidance, you’ll acquire the necessary skills that will help take your clicking to the next level.

The first instructor who will be a guest in our forum is Nabil! Here's some information about our young photographer Nabil;)

Nabil Rosman, a law student during the day and aspiring taleteller in his leisure time, was born in Kelantan, Malaysia 21 years ago. Despite having to commit his time to studies, Nabil’s passion for arts, particularly photography, helps him go through his life. With 5 years of experience from self-teaching, he has yet to find his forte in photography, but human’s emotions and nature have always been an important part of his work. To him, both emotion and nature are two complex creations that complement each other, in a way that both are wild and always longed for freedom.

The Community Workshop is a brand-new exclusive project that we designed in exclusivity for our community members. We are planning to have talents from different areas of expertise join our community and provide high-quality content for you guys –photography, technology, gaming, handcrafting, musical, or even cooking content if you're interested.

Community Workshop will be exclusive to those that are registered, providing a real benefit to those that are part of this Community. Starting from May 6 we'll start posting the Community Workshop content and then, starting from the middle of May, the content will be only available to those that are part of the Community.

We'd also love to hear from you what kind of exclusive high-quality content you want to see in the future, Leave a comment below with the kind of content you are expecting and if you want to see something different, let me know the details;)

To celebrate the kick-off of this project, we have some gifts! We'll randomly select 20 users who share their suggestions for new Community Workshop topics and themes and gift them the limited edition Hasselblad Postcard set!

2. Leo X.
    Community Team Staff Member Apr 28, 2021

Stickied Post
    Leo X. , Apr 28, 2021 :
    Before we release the Community-Exclusive feature in mid-May, we want to give you a sneak peek at what the feature will look like in both web and app versions. If you're logged in, you won't notice any differences, the content will show as you're used to. But if you just stumbled upon a Community-Exclusive content and haven't registered yet, you'll only see a small snippet of the post, just enough to make you interested. [​IMG]

1 SOOP 鐧婚檰鏌ョ湅璇剧▼.png 2 Spoiler 鎶樺彔.png 3 SOOP 鐧婚檰鏌ョ湅璇剧▼.png

DarshanMeniya, SRD., Overzee and 14 others like this.
  3. Leo X.

Stickied Post
    Leo X. , Apr 28, 2021 :
    Here are a detailed looks at the prize! Limited edition Hasselblad Postcard!
    All pix.jpg

4. Leo X.

Stickied Post
    Leo X. , Apr 28, 2021 :
    upload_2021-4-28_17-38-45.png

DarshanMeniya, SRD., Overzee and 14 others like this.
  5. Nabil Rosman
    Eclair Apr 28, 2021

Stickied Post

DarshanMeniya, SRD., Overzee and 9 others like this.
  6. G_plusone
    Nougat Apr 26, 2021

7. Yash Pratap Singh.
    KitKat Apr 26, 2021

8. McJader
    Marshmallow Apr 26, 2021

McJader , Apr 26, 2021 :
    My suggestions:
    1. A blog-writing workshop/general workshop on how to put across your thoughts on the internet. Always helpful in the current online world we live in, reading and writing skills could also benefit a lot of the community members (if you know, you know:rolleyes:)
    2. A poster making workshop: I personally would be interested in this, as I look to create designs and graphics digitally.
    Also could help other community members who might be interested.
    (NOTE: We have some very talented people here on the forums, and they too could be invited to write a thread for these workshops)

9. nerdkabir
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 26, 2021

Adesh.sanmukh and Dresa91 like this.
  10. SRD.
    Lollipop Apr 26, 2021

SRD. , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 26, 2021 :
    Great thread @Leo X. Hope these workshops are helpful for enthusiastic & inexperienced mobile photographers like me.
    some suggestions:
    1. Professional photographers will share their ideas & tips for the different forms of photography.
    2. Some shots taken with the intention to see through the lenses of a photographer. ( Rather than images, it would be better to show different photography settings for different lighting conditions & perspectives)
    3. Sample shot program. ( Where user's photographs'll be shown to experts to discuss what went wrong or what is right about the particular photograph)
    4. Improvement discussion based on user experience ( What are the difficulties faces by current camera setting or any other technical aspects)
    5. Discuss how to use image processing techniques ( post processing).

Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021

11. anunayC

12. Yash Pratap Singh.
    KitKat Apr 26, 2021

Yash Pratap Singh. , Apr 26, 2021 :
    Congrats in advance for the new camera and phone :)

13. nerdkabir

nerdkabir , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Apr 26, 2021 :
    I believe that most percentage of the users belongs to Photography, Filmmaking, Writing, Editing, Music and content creators, (i know: Gamers too ;) )

Any workshop related to these would be quite exciting. Coming up with some soon...

14. BobbyV8_
    The Showcase Reviewer Apr 26, 2021

BobbyV8_ , Apr 26, 2021 :
    I can say include - levitation photography in the photography workshop.

This is a grey area for those relying on mobile photography and needs some exposure to become more common in the shutterbug community

15. Helder_DAlmeida
    Marshmallow Apr 26, 2021

16. Overzee
    The Showcase Reviewer Apr 26, 2021

Overzee , Apr 26, 2021 :
    That's great news @Leo X., as it was mentioned earlier these workshops would be brought to the whole community. I hope this will be the start of something great!
    I would love to see a workshop on (video) tutorials, since the community is all about helping each other with tips and tricks. Who wouldn't love to make a useful (video) tutorial for all to enjoy?!

17. G_plusone
    Nougat Apr 26, 2021

18. Yash Pratap Singh.
    KitKat Apr 26, 2021

19. G_plusone
    Nougat Apr 26, 2021

20. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Community Expert Apr 26, 2021

Bouncer71 , Apr 26, 2021 :
    Looking forward to see the Photographers workshop @Leo X.
    Will be great to experience their go on mobile photography..👍 said:
    How about an Origami workshop..?
    And I would really need an Wallpaint workshop..
    I'm the worst at it 🤣

21. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Apr 26, 2021

Dresa91 , Apr 26, 2021 :
    Nice one @Leo X.:)
    I hope that the right people are getting selected:)

New workshop idea?
    The proper use of the community app and website, that you can get to know the search function, tutorial and support areas better, etc....you know, the basics for every newbie here.
    That would avoid duplicate threads.

22. The Dinosaur
    Gingerbread Apr 26, 2021

The Dinosaur , Apr 26, 2021 :
    • A simplified explanation of the Exposure triangle.
    • Theories associated with photography ( e.g Rule of thirds)
    • Camera setting for various lighting conditions.
    • Use of external lenses ( telephoto, macro, fisheye, filters etc)
    • Post-processing in apps.