Camera New rear camera module or flashlight not working

1. I1549720709862
    Cupcake Mar 18, 2019

I1549720709862 , Mar 18, 2019 :
    Hi all,

I have installed new camera module to replace original one with scratches on the lens. Well, my device does not recognize new camera, also flashlight's not working.
    I changed back to the original camera module, and everything works again. New replacement camera back, and nothing :( Can this be a connection problem with new camera module? How to start solving the issue?

2. CosmoKramer70
    Jelly Bean Mar 18, 2019

CosmoKramer70 , Mar 18, 2019 :
    sounds like your new camera module is faulty...

Hydra Bob likes this.
  3. bsivana
    Cupcake Jul 23, 2019

bsivana , Jul 23, 2019 :
    I did a Screen Replacement (did it Myself) and after that I am also facing the same problem. Rear & Front Camera + Flashlight NOT working.
    FYI: (1) The flashlight works during factory mode test (you can enter it by dialling *#808#)
    (2) The Cameras are NOT working during factory mode test. It is crashes the test app
    (3) Also for some odd reason Youtube is not working

4. CosmoKramer70
    Jelly Bean Jul 24, 2019

CosmoKramer70 , Jul 24, 2019 :
    I guess that's what you get for doing it yourself... No idea what you expect the community to do for you...

5. bsivana
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2019

bsivana , Jul 30, 2019 :
    Dude looking at my problem and the Previous one, it seems like the flashlight is not working because of Software issues, I don't think this is an issue with the Hardware (atleast the Flashlight). It would be helpful if anyone can give any Ideas like using some old ROM etc.,

Moreover if I am able to replace the screen myself, I sure as hell know the risks involved so I don't need you to tell me what not to do. If you had faced this problem and willing to help please do so, else don't waste your time and mine.

6. CosmoKramer70
    Jelly Bean Jul 30, 2019

CosmoKramer70 , Jul 30, 2019 :
    So you believe that the software now has detected a foreign device in your phone and has proceeded to not work? I'm pretty sure that the phone's software doesn't determine if the flashlight is present or not, it will basically just turn it on or off. If nothing is happening e.g. flashlight isn't working then it sounds like you have haven't installed it properly or the module you bought is faulty.

Thanks for the suggestion, i have decided to take it on board, presented it to the committee and we have voted to not take on your suggestion. So i think ill continue to post in any thread i feel like posting in. Thank you though for the suggestion.

7. D1589806060205
    Cupcake May 18, 2020

D1589806060205 , May 18, 2020 :
    Hi Guys, i have a similar problem, in *#808# menu flashlight works and if I test rear cameras, it shows front camera and if i test front camera, it show rear camera... Flashlight in the bar or with gesture is not working, only with test... help me