New rules for a better community

1. Bradon H Honeycomb May 23, 2016

Bradon H, May 23, 2016 :
    Hey friends,

Many of you guys have been with us since the very beginning, before we even released our first device, the OnePlus One. Your feedback has guided our products and our brand, and you’ve supported us through thick and thin.

We’re a small team, and to be completely honest, we haven’t always been as supportive as we should be. But, we’re always listening. Our community holds us to a high standard, and it makes us better. Moving forward, it’s an even bigger focus for us.

On that note, today we’ve implemented a couple of new rules on the forums:

5. Constructive Feedback
    At OnePlus, we welcome your feedback. Sometimes, your feedback may be negative, and that’s okay. We want to hear your honest thoughts on our products and our brand as a whole. However, criticism should be legitimate, constructive and suggest solutions. Posts that exist solely to attack OnePlus without basis will be removed. Action may be taken against users who continuously break this rule.

6. One Account Per User
    On the OnePlus forums, everyone’s voice should be equal. In that spirit, users are allowed ONE account only. Users found to be using multiple accounts may have all accounts banned and/or removed. This includes accounts created to circumvent bans.

We want to be really clear about our intentions, here. There will always be differing views - and it’s something we embrace. We want your constructive criticism, as it helps us improve. We want the forums to be a place where you can hang out, share your ideas, and work directly with us on products and other initiatives. What we don’t want is trolling, disrespect for other users, and unfounded conspiracies. It makes the forums less enjoyable for everyone, and it stifles our collective creativity.

Think of the OnePlus community as a collaborative platform where anything is possible. These new rules reflect that idea, and we think this change will improve the community. But, as always, we want your feedback. What do you think of these new rules?

Let’s talk about it.

-Bradon

2. Bradon H Honeycomb May 23, 2016

Bradon H, May 23, 2016 :
    Oh, BTW, we also did some general housekeeping on our T&Cs add some clarity. No big changes outside of the 2 new rules, but give out Terms and Conditions a quick once-over to make sure you're up to speed. :)

3. uday344 Gingerbread May 23, 2016

uday344, May 23, 2016 :
    I think if people get heard in time then nobody will complain.
    Majority of people want something or complain about something then they should get proper justification from OnePlus in time, if you ignore them they will complain more.
    Stop the problem before it gets start.

Strict rules are always welcome, but knowing the reasons behind it is much better and smarter.

Last edited: May 23, 2016

4. gaster Lollipop Moderator May 23, 2016

gaster, May 23, 2016 :
    I ll take a look after the work. But i do believe for the best. No doubt ;)

keithnyc likes this.
  5. barb Nougat May 23, 2016

barb, May 23, 2016 :
    Let's read
    But my guess, you guys search for solutions in the wrong direction!

EDIT: first point of criticism
    I've heard this term users before and it really hits me...

You guys see us as users ? Wtf man, this is a community. We are members.
    A disgrace you devaluate us as users.

I know you guys talk about us like users and you should be ashamed. We are the ones that made you big, we are the ones defending your product, we are the ones sharing your invites. We are the ones who made this community.

Mods are members with an extra task, right?
    I guess something changed there as well. Mods.....grab yourself together and stand for this community. We are not a commercial tool!

WaaJoo, RohitSole, NaterTots and 35 others like this.
  6. jkb114 Lollipop May 23, 2016

jkb114, May 23, 2016 :
    Sounds great @Bradon H I think a few of us have been asking for these sort of rules as some people just love attacking OP. I hope these rules will eliminate or at least reduce the "Trolls" or "keyboard warriors"

7. Maximus Decimus Meridius Marshmallow Senior Moderator May 23, 2016

8. Maximus Decimus Meridius Marshmallow Senior Moderator May 23, 2016

9. gringoboy Lollipop May 23, 2016

gringoboy, May 23, 2016 :
    Yes, so we can just have luvvies and sing Kumbaya all day long. Sounds great!

10. jkb114 Lollipop May 23, 2016

jkb114, May 23, 2016 :
    What's not to like :D;)

11. gringoboy Lollipop May 23, 2016

Everything. Pointless moderation is worse than pointless posting.....

12. MarcJG Ice Cream Sandwich May 23, 2016

MarcJG, May 23, 2016 :
    Rule changes make sense. All for an effort of having a better community.

13. aaron.hossain75 Lollipop May 23, 2016

aaron.hossain75, May 23, 2016 :
    Very good job ! OP team I know you guys see our posts and hear our feedbacks and as always I agree with all the new terms and conditions Thanks for letting us know we'll try to obey them. :)

gaster likes this.
  14. jkb114 Lollipop May 23, 2016

jkb114, May 23, 2016 :
    You don't think that people that are just moaning but not actually saying what about should be removed?
    If people are moaning and being specific then there isn't any issue, it's the pointless moaning that should be removed

15. gringoboy Lollipop May 23, 2016

Vague definitions of rules lead to trouble. Who defines these things? Fanboys. It will be used a fig leaf to hide the embarrassment of terrible service by Oneplus. We already see this in the often unbelievable defining of ' off-topic' posts as conversations develop.

16. youbi Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator May 23, 2016

youbi, May 23, 2016 :
    Nice news,

Lets hope this can help the community on becoming even better. :)

volteon, gaster and Rick Manders like this.
  17. Rick Manders KitKat Community Expert May 23, 2016

ChrisTerp and gaster like this.
  18. jkb114 Lollipop May 23, 2016

jkb114, May 23, 2016 :
    It is pretty easy to determine if a user is moaning about a specific feature - E.g. Lack of maxxaudio, wifi bug then it should be kept but if they are just moaning - e.g. "Oneplus is Sh"$ they don't give a F4ck about their users" that should be removed. IT's nothing specific

Ceasedd likes this.
  19. barb Nougat May 23, 2016

barb, May 23, 2016 :
    Lots of them.

But I guess it will be the same .... new admin policy...don't respond!

20. Deactivated User May 23, 2016

Deactivated User, May 23, 2016 :
    As usual, the special ed. team gets their way,

May 27, 2016.
    Edit. I have to clarify this post.
    I never meant any mod or admin are part of this team.
    The members of the team are on my ignore list.
    They always get away with breaking the forum rules.
    The ignore list is the ONLY thing good about this forum.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2016