new to cyanogen. advise please

1. craigelliott87
    Froyo Jul 30, 2014

craigelliott87 , Jul 30, 2014 :
    Been an android user for years but never had cyanogen. Can you list your fav things about cyanogen and tips or tricks to help me understand a little about what cyanogen can actually do? Thank in advance.

niravp88 likes this.
  2. chrism1548
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 30, 2014

chrism1548 , Jul 30, 2014 :
    This is my first time using cyanogen also but what i did was to go in youtube and look at the full reviews of the opo and see what cm11 has to offer. I can tell you that you will love the way cm11 flows with the opo.

craigelliott87 likes this.
  3. xigen27
    Gingerbread Jul 30, 2014

xigen27 , Jul 30, 2014 :
    i don't have the OPO, but I have been using cyanogen for a while now!
    -Double click notification bar to sleep (May not be as useful on the opo, unless you got big hands!)
    -Icon packs (Basically Theme store)
    -For the OPO, on screen and off screen buttons
    -Profiles (Like one profile can be for work, where you phone is on silent or buzz, then one for home where your ringtone is loud and proud)
    There is too many to list really, but going online and looking them up or simply playing with the phone is the best way to find them
    Put simply though, think of Cyanogenmod as stock android, except it's a lot more customizable

logikk and craigelliott87 like this.
  4. jhajhria
    Honeycomb Jul 30, 2014

5. Niogales
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2014

Niogales , Jul 30, 2014 :
    Customization of a lot of features.
    The best is to use it with xposed that allow you to do everything you want with your phone.

jmaqueda likes this.
  6. padenom
    Gingerbread Jul 30, 2014

7. travisneedham
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2014

travisneedham , Jul 30, 2014 :
    C'mon guys, that's the best you can do? I just came from C11's official wiki under features, and I'm sure that can't be comprehensive. As an example, one of the reviews I watched talked about being able to turn on the flashlight by making a 'V' on the turned off screen of the OPO. That sounds awesome! But if the reviewer hadn't mentioned it, how would I know about it? I would never think to just try random gestures one my phones "turned-off" screen. And it isn't listed anywhere on C11's feature list, or OPO's features. Is there a list of stuff like this somewhere that I am missing?

8. aamircute3
    Gingerbread Jul 30, 2014

aamircute3 , Jul 30, 2014 :
    And I'm loving every second, minute, hour, bigger, better, stronger, power! BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

logikk likes this.
  9. atomic_man
    Jelly Bean Jul 30, 2014

atomic_man , Jul 30, 2014 :
    It's the same thing as pure Android on the Nexus 5, same interface, only more options in settings, you gotta explore them when you have the phone in your hands.

10. dbdistin
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 30, 2014

dbdistin , Jul 30, 2014 :
    Go into every screen, every menu, every nook and cranny until you know how to find every tool and setting blindfolded, then worry about the fun stuff.

jianhuai and atomic_man like this.
  11. atomic_man
    Jelly Bean Jul 30, 2014

atomic_man , Jul 30, 2014 :
    Like he said

12. delevero
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2014

13. Sevan
    Jelly Bean Jul 30, 2014

Sevan , Jul 30, 2014 :
    There are many threads on that topic; please search for them. But in short, it is an uncluttered yet customizable and powerful version of Android.

14. xigen27
    Gingerbread Jul 30, 2014

xigen27 , Jul 30, 2014 :
    There probably is a list, but finding the most useful features can be done by just playing with it. BTW, i'd recommend keeping the draw v for flashlight off, because many, if not all, reviewers have said that it gets activated a lot by accident in people's pockets.

15. logikk
    Honeycomb Jul 30, 2014

logikk , Jul 30, 2014 :
    Expanded desktop mode is pretty awesome as well. It hides the status and nav bars from the screen when you enable it so you can have your apps use up the whole screen. It's especially nice for browsing the web and scrolling through social media feeds in my opinion.