New TPU case review (not diztronic)

1. kbzj
    Gingerbread Sep 12, 2014

kbzj , Sep 12, 2014 :
    Just received my new TPU case, and figured I'd share my thoughts.

When I first saw the official hard cases from OnePlus I was enamoured with the colours. But shortly after I found many complaints about them. I like hard cases because they are usually slim, but for me a TPU case offers a little better protection.

So, the mission, to find a TPU case in a cool colour like the OnePlus hard cases. Mission failed.

But I did find something surprising, arguably better. TPU cases with prints. So not the plain colours ala diztronic and others, but something interesting. Ali express had a load of different designs, and I settled on one depicting headphones. The case itself is transparent with the image applied only to the back. This means the edges are still clear.

DSC_0002_18.JPG

The image might appear a little fuzzy in the distance, but rest assured, the print is clear all the way. The print is textured, and the image and text is slightly raised. One thing I particularly like about this case is that the buttons have cut-outs, rather than being covered over as I have previously experienced. This means that I can feel the buttons themselves and feel when I have pressed them.

The fit is nice, and it all lines up nicely, although the microphone hole next to the camera is only just within the cut-out. It shouldn't affect performance though.

DSC_0001_22.jpg

The front lip is slightly raised, so a bit of a screen buffer there. The lip doesn't cover too much of the face though so that is a good thing. I can't comment on compatibility with tempered glass screen protectors as mine has yet to arrive, but it looks like it should be fine (this from someone who has never used one before).

Shipping time was the standard for china (2 weeks, 6 days), and cost was pretty standard too (~US$6 or $7).

The case has had a marginal impact on pocketability. I would expect any case to have at least some impact due to added thickness or grip, but in this case it is acceptable.

So overall I am very happy with this case. I have yet to find better for my needs.

2. begee08
    Eclair Sep 12, 2014

3. kbzj
    Gingerbread Sep 12, 2014

kbzj , Sep 12, 2014 :
    Cheers! I was looking for something a bit interesting..

4. Haymond
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 12, 2014

5. timmaaa
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 12, 2014

6. TigerXC
    Lollipop Sep 12, 2014

7. kbzj
    Gingerbread Sep 12, 2014

kbzj , Sep 12, 2014 :
    Cheers guys. Hope this review helps somebody

TigerXC likes this.
  8. imranss
    Froyo Sep 12, 2014

imranss , Sep 12, 2014 :
    Nice...love the shade.
    Cant wait to get my hands on this...still looking for an invite :(

9. samin
    Donut Sep 13, 2014

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014

10. kbzj
    Gingerbread Sep 13, 2014

11. kbzj
    Gingerbread Sep 13, 2014

kbzj , Sep 13, 2014 :
    If you swap in Ali express without spaces I think the link should work. If it doesn't I can pm it to you

12. kbzj
    Gingerbread Sep 19, 2014

kbzj , Sep 19, 2014 :
    As a follow up, I've installed the tempered glass screen protector and they fit together just fine.

13. gaster
    Lollipop Moderator Sep 19, 2014

gaster , Sep 19, 2014 :
    Nice one

14. kbzj
    Gingerbread Sep 20, 2014

15. desman
    Gingerbread Sep 20, 2014

16. Shihjen
    Honeycomb Sep 20, 2014

kbzj likes this.
  17. XLive