[New video inside] AMA with Hasselblad Master - Nabil Rosman via OnePlus 9 Pro

1. Nabil Rosman
    Eclair May 10, 2021

Nabil Rosman , via OnePlus 9 Pro , May 10, 2021 :
    AMA Rosman.jpg

Hello Community,

It feels amazing to finally see my pictures and workshop posted, but even more so the reaction from you guys! I did not expect your passion for photography to be this high! I appreciate all of your kind words and support! As I mentioned before, we'd be hosting an AMA to answer your questions about Community Workshop content if there was enough demand. Looking at the workshop thread's comment section, I can see that's the case, with so many good and interesting questions!

So, please do not hesitate, join this thread and ask me your questions about the workshop or about the photography, I will answer 15 questions from you guys!

You can submit your question until May 18, 5 pm HKT. And I will try to answer your questions as soon as possible until May 18!

Rules:
    • Each user is only allowed to ask one question.
    • We will give away the opportunity to privately preview the next episode of the Community Workshop to the 15 lucky users who have their questions answered.
    • Before you type in your question, please do check the thread if anyone has already asked the question you want to ask.
    • Considering your questions may have already been asked by other Community friends, we recommend you to give those questions likes instead of creating a duplicated one.
    • Standard terms and conditions apply.

2. Leo X.
    Community Team Staff Member May 20, 2021

Stickied Post

3. Leo X.
    Community Team Staff Member May 24, 2021

Stickied Post

4. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar May 10, 2021

Tokolozi , May 10, 2021 :
    With photography as much as any other hobby, practice makes perfect. However @Nabil Rosman there are tools to help you greatly in the process. What feature of the camera app (or hardware) in the 9-series do you think has the biggest effect for "new" photographers?

Caoimhín, superplus, Mynz and 16 others like this.
  5. pkg3107
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 10, 2021

pkg3107 , via OnePlus Nord , May 10, 2021 :
    We tend to miss out on the background frames and colours when we try to click a photo of a subject. I noticed that your photos have a great colour of subject, as well as the background, which I find difficult to get together in one picture...

Any tips upon how to balance the colour combinations and brightness of both the subject and background together ?

6. Tokolozi

Hey, probably not the answer you're looking for, but for me I always do it with RAW processing in post if lighting conditions weren't ideal, even in Snapseed you can do miracles.

7. Girish.Pranav
    Jelly Bean May 10, 2021

8. sritejkoduru

sritejkoduru , May 10, 2021 :
    Why there's no mention of Hasselblad partnership with OnePlus on Hasselblad website?

9. Tokolozi

Cause oneplus didn't really offer them anything, but they offered Oneplus a lot of knowledge.

10. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 May 10, 2021

11. sumitMZ007
    Jelly Bean May 10, 2021

12. Yash Pratap Singh.
    KitKat May 10, 2021

13. nilisblue
    Froyo May 10, 2021

M1609581727402 and Adesh.sanmukh like this.
  15. Iamhasannaqvi
    Honeycomb May 10, 2021

Iamhasannaqvi , via OnePlus 7 , May 10, 2021 :
    Mine question is regarding post processing.

I've been using application such as Lightroom and Snapseed for post processing.

My question is which are the tools that you use for enhancing images shot in RAW format. I've been using various attributes of those apps but the end results are not always pleasing.

Thanks again @Nabil Rosman for this AMA.

Adesh.sanmukh and Bouncer71 like this.
  16. Luminon
    Froyo May 10, 2021

Luminon , via OnePlus 9 Pro , May 10, 2021 :
    Photography is an art for itself. It need passion, training and a lots of effort.

What advices you have for beginners, especially you people, which want to use this art as an way if expression of the pov of the world and the story they want to tell?

The true colours of Hasselblad and OP partnership inspired me to an idea of an project with youths of our youth center. I am a social worker there.

The pandemic robbed often there voice and you people doesn't have often the opportunity to make there mark or make their point to get seen or heard.

This project should create an kind of platform to present their feelings, emotions, thoughts, worries etc. by shooting pics of special places, moments it things which matters for them.

Thank you very much!

Adesh.sanmukh and Leo X. like this.
  17. pkg3107

pkg3107 , via OnePlus Nord , May 10, 2021 :
    I have not tried using RAW image mode often... Thanks for the advice.
    But I'm kind of sure it would not be able to give a very subtle and natural picture. Especially those having multiple colours or lights at different angles (or I don't know to use Lightroom that well 😅)

18. Tokolozi

Lightroom is very handy, since you can have per color saturation and brightness adjustment. In Snapseed you'd need to to that with the selective tool.

But with just highlights and shadow adjustment minder the image adjustment tab you can get u much further. And thanks to RAW often there is not much data lost in the over or under exposed areas. Where in jpegs they often get ruined when trying to pull out the detail.

From my DSLR days with portrait/landscape photography if it's hard to get the background to a matching exposure to the foreground, it's often nice to use a longer exposure for the background (on darker environments) together with a rear curtain flash for your subject. Not possible in phones usually though.

19. Khushii21

Khushii21 , May 10, 2021 :
    Thanks for the AMA @Nabil Rosman.

How do you get the person, place or thing that is in front of your camera onto the film, chip or paper in just the way you want it?

Thankyou so much !

Last edited: May 10, 2021

20. Shailender Sharma
    Marshmallow May 10, 2021

21. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 May 10, 2021

Dresa91 , May 10, 2021 :
    Reading is difficult, isn’t it?:rolleyes: