Adesh.sanmukh likes this.
  2. Does!Compute
    KitKat May 12, 2021

Does!Compute , May 12, 2021 :
    I didn't know that. Thanks ;)

3. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar May 12, 2021

Tokolozi , May 12, 2021 :
    There's many threads in the photography section to look at explaining different ways. I suggest you take a look there.

4. sagarmangela
    Froyo May 12, 2021

5. Myragubben , via OnePlus Community App , May 12, 2021 :
    Hi!
    Hasselblad has improved the back-camera on OnePlus.

The selfiecamera too is more and more important for us, and there is a need for an autofocusing camera with fast reaction. To just throw up the phone and capture a selfie in a situation is not easy without AF.

So my question is:
    How are you going to improve the selfiecamera in near future?

6. love1plus1specs
    Gingerbread May 12, 2021

7. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar May 12, 2021

Tokolozi , May 12, 2021 :
    Did their specs drop?

8. therajeevsaini
    Cupcake May 12, 2021

9. NamanBermecha
    Cupcake May 12, 2021

NamanBermecha , via OnePlus 7 , May 12, 2021 :
    My question is how do we improve the way we take pictures of any dessert kind of things like cake cupcakes bouquet etc. for our business. I always try our different angles and stuff but the photos aren't that good. I would like to know how or at what angle will the photos come out good. Your help would be highly appreciated.

10. atenaa
    Lollipop May 12, 2021

11. Leo X.
    Honeycomb May 13, 2021

Leo X. , May 13, 2021 :
    I think you can learn a good lesson from our next guest;)

12. Shailender Sharma
    Nougat May 13, 2021

13. Nabil Rosman
    Eclair May 13, 2021

Nabil Rosman , May 13, 2021 :
    For me, the pro mode certainly something that anyone who is interested in photography should check it out. 12-bit raw data from the camera is breathtaking as it gives much more control to your creative thinking and workflow, and because of that, you'll have an increased ability to take better pictures. You can simply retain the shadow or highlight by using any editing apps that you preferred, it would be lightroom for me. Besides, by having control over your setting, you can get more consistent results from shot to shot.

14. Nabil Rosman
    Eclair May 13, 2021

Great question! Hahaha. To be honest, I am always looking for a picture that can fit both subject (human) and untouched nature. The intimacy between human and nature, alongside the calming colour of both, I dont even know how to put it in words, but I feel soothe just by looking at it. Especially for this collaboration, I want to show off the natural colour calibration that Hasselblad has infused in this great camera system. Am I afraid of snakes/crocodile? Hell yeah. But am I willing to take the risk? Hell no hahaha. Which is why often time before the shoot, I will scout the place with my team to make sure there isn't any obvious and unnecessary risk. Luckily crocodile is such a rare sight in my area, but we would always be cautious of our surrounding during the shoot.

15. Nabil Rosman
    Eclair May 13, 2021

I cannot speak on behalf of the iPhone because I have yet to try their new product, and my last iPhone was iPhone 7, hence it would be an unfair comparison. But from my reading and youtube videos, it occurs to me that iPhone has a more muted colour, while OnePlus 9 series has that vibrant but not over-saturated, closer to what we actually see from our eyes. The bright green of the grass in reality, is indeed bright green in the OnePlus 9 series, but it's slightly muted on iPhone.

16. Nabil Rosman
    Eclair May 13, 2021

Thank you for the question! My advice first and foremost, would be to learn all the basic settings available in your camera. Learn the rule of third, golden ratio, etc. But, once you mastered it, don't simply stick to it. Rules are meant to be broken. Be yourself, don't strict your creativity to people's perception of how a good photo should look like. Any story that you captured, is a good story. Explore the composition, take pictures from above, from below, from the side. Take picture of your story, the way you want it to be.

17. Nabil Rosman
    Eclair May 13, 2021

To be completely honest, I only own two lenses, kit lens (18-55mm) and the nifty 50mm (both are for my crop sensor camera). Talking from my experience, both are enough to produce good portraits. If you are leaning towards documentary/environmental portrait, the kit lens would be perfect as you can include the surrounding in your portrait, but being a kit lens, it is not as sharp as some other high-end lenses. Plus the aperture for kit lens is usually f3.5 at the widest, hence you cannot get that much bokeh from it. For 50mm, it is a great lens as it provides shallow depth of field, hence that creamy out-of-focus bokeh! But if you work in a tight space, the focal length would be a problem. In conclusion, just shoot with whatever you have in your bag, because your creativity plays a much bigger role in taking pictures, especially portrait.

18. Nabil Rosman
    Eclair May 13, 2021

All of it, use every resource that you have. If you have the money, a formal course would do great for a beginner as you will be exposed to technical stuff and also practical. But if money is a concern, like I used to be, youtube tutorials and photography book are enough to help you starting out photography. Everything is at the touch of our finger, search up some great photographers in history, explore their works, learn the composition and techniques that they incorporated, and practice a lot. Even if it is just a hobby, you can always go out on weekend to shoot and implement the skills that you have learnt from the internet.

19. Nabil Rosman
    Eclair May 13, 2021

There are lots of photographers that have influenced my work. As I mentioned, I have yet to have my own photography niche, which is why right now I am just exploring every choice I have.

For documentary portrait, Joey Lawrence and Rosie Thompson certainly are the best in this field.

For conceptual self-portrait, I would study the works of Alex Stoddard and David Uzochukwu, two young talented photographers I have ever known.

That is to say, depends on what genre I'm into at that moment, I have no idea how many photographers out there that I admired :)

20. Nabil Rosman
    Eclair May 13, 2021

Depends. I usually come prepared with certain references be it through hard copy or just a screenshot in my phone, I would search for desired pictures beforehand, so that I don't go blank when I'm on the site. But of course, to be a great photographer, you must learn to be flexible and fast. Sometimes things just don't work out your way, and at this moment, I have to be quick on my instinct to find composition and such. For your second question, I have to admit, I am a pixel peeper. I find satisfaction if I can zoom in 100x into a picture, which is why I usually shoot with my Hasselblad. Being a portrait and conceptual photographer, having a large file to work with means I can squeeze every pixel and data from the picture to smooth out my editing process. That is to say, I value the sensor size of a camera, but skill and creativity must come first.