New Year, New Gear Event: Buy the One without an invite

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clairdelune Cupcake Jan 20, 2015

clairdelune, Jan 20, 2015 :
    The wait time keeps resetting for me. Got down to 0 but then went back to 59 minutes. I guess I'll have to try again later. :(

2. Ganchi Cupcake Jan 20, 2015

Ganchi, Jan 20, 2015 :
    They're copy pasting a suggestion to clear browser history to anyone complaining. Has that actually worked for anyone?

3. markheloking Eclair Jan 20, 2015

4. sas_786 Cupcake Jan 20, 2015

sas_786, Jan 20, 2015 :
    from bad to worse. il have a look on twitter and see if they respond any quicker.

this is taking the piss now.

Attached Files:

5. beatricerobbins Cupcake Jan 20, 2015

beatricerobbins, Jan 20, 2015 :
    Erm. So now I get the option to buy one. Click Continue to purchase, and end up on my account page. Updated the information. It disappeared. Trying to purchase again and the same thing happened. My cart shows nothing in it but worried that I'm going to be hit with the suddenly having ALL OF THE PHONES in it. Or, you know, that I'll keep clicking to purchase and not having anything happen.

---> Went ahead and put in a support ticket because why not. Guessing their entire tech team is panicky and swamped right now. Not sure it bodes well for tech support if any of us actually manage to buy these phones...

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015

6. Cassius2k Eclair Jan 20, 2015

Cassius2k, Jan 20, 2015 :
    I'm not waiting up until 2am to get a phone. They have already had nearly 3 hours of my life. I have a job to go to which pays me money that this company won't be getting.

7. chillid Cupcake Jan 20, 2015

chillid, Jan 20, 2015 :
    Nope tried it twice.

8. Saymonnsays Cupcake Jan 20, 2015

Saymonnsays, Jan 20, 2015 :
    Can't reset my cart... put the JBL earphones but they went out of stock... I can't delete this item in the cart... still coming back and I can't continue the purchase because of "one item which could be out of stock.." can't do nothing to it...
    How can I reste my cart??? please help... little time left (EU time) ...

9. orate.cl Gingerbread Jan 20, 2015

orate.cl, Jan 20, 2015 :
    nasty ugly situation.
    I've wasted 3 hours at work.

I'm still looing for a 64gb invite so I can keep up tomorrow. Eventually my boss it's gonna notice and he's not gonna be happy.

10. Devarsi Donut Jan 20, 2015

Devarsi, Jan 20, 2015 :
    I am not happy i was logged in and it says i was lucky, i clicked buy, and it says buy some accessories and i clicked and before i knew, the site crashed. Then i waited for an hour countdown and after the counter went to zero it says wait another 56 minutes :-( Then i logged in with another browser as well and it says "out of stock." I am seriously annoyed. I wasted two hours for nothing If i dont get it asap, i get something else. This buying system is not good. Its not just waiting for two hours its also the anticipation beforehand and making sure you are on time and all that. Plus i dont play childish games like that. I am sick of it and seriously disappointed. What does level cupcake mean anyways? why cant it be straight forward? Why play games and get a bloody cupcake award? This is for babys not adults. What happens now, wait for more months before its in stock again? This really sucks to put it mildly. Just looked, It says wait another 43 minutes.......but its past 9pm and its out of stock.

[​IMG] 64 GB please

11. oshik Cupcake Jan 20, 2015

Devarsi likes this.
  12. orate.cl Gingerbread Jan 20, 2015

13. Devarsi Donut Jan 20, 2015

14. sas_786 Cupcake Jan 20, 2015

sas_786, Jan 20, 2015 :
    id love to treat everyone but this is taking the effing piss.

just sent them a tweet on twitter. il probably get the same stupid reply they've given everyone else to clear browsing history.

Attached Files:

15. maihh Cupcake Jan 20, 2015

maihh, Jan 20, 2015 :
    Now got down to one phone 3 chargers. All of a sudden it won't log me in.

16. Cassius2k Eclair Jan 20, 2015

Cassius2k, Jan 20, 2015 :
    If it's this bad to order one what's the delivery going to be like. By the time you get it, the oneplus 2 will be out in 3 months time.

17. beatricerobbins Cupcake Jan 20, 2015

beatricerobbins, Jan 20, 2015 :
    AHAHAHA. I was worried this would happen. Finally got through to my cart rather than a request to update my account and I have five phones + accessories in it. Patience is a virtue but it is not one of mine.

18. quirrin Cupcake Jan 20, 2015

quirrin, Jan 20, 2015 :
    For the third time is going to 05 minutes wait... what should I do? last time it got stuck and I refreshed and i went to 59min :(

19. rawberry Eclair Jan 20, 2015

rawberry, Jan 20, 2015 :
    Why can't OnePlus figure this out? Social media is just ripping them apart. These sales are becoming a laughing stock. I love my phone. But these, whatever these are, are terrible PR for this company.

20. towerbrige Eclair Jan 20, 2015

towerbrige, Jan 20, 2015 :
    hey guys, this worked for me. instead of going to oneplus.net/jan20 or whatever it is... i typed in oneplus.net/uk/one - This worked for me in the uk and got rid of this endless loop of wait times and i managed to order my one successfully! Not too sure about other countries though :(

de-staaf likes this.