New Year, New Home Screens: Share Your Phone Set-Ups Here!

1. KeBlam
    US Brand Ambassador Jan 17, 2021

KeBlam , Jan 17, 2021 :
    Hey everyone!

January marks the beginning of a new year and it’s looking to be an exciting one (more than 2020, at least)! As mentioned in the title, we’re going to be talking about some of the different ways that you can customize your home screen. After all, Android lets us personalize our devices down to the smallest bits.

That said, in the comments section below, I would like you guys to showcase some of your awesome and personalized home screens. The Writer’s Club and OnePlus will be selecting the best submissions to feature in our upcoming blog!

All you have to do to participate is...
    1. Include a screenshot of your home screen setup

2. List what launcher, icon pack, and other widgets you’re using (not limited to the native settings)

3. Explain the philosophy of your set-up! Are you a dark-minimal kind of guy? Are you a fan of a Sci-Fi or a sports team?

I would like to start by first providing an example, then going to specifics about how you can customize yours as well!

@KeBlam ‘s Home Screen (Inspired by @Taylor.Mah )

[​IMG]

As an organized user who loves minimalism, I thought I’d show you what I have on my OnePlus 8 Pro. I have a circular icon pack, which can be easily changed. Not only that, I like to group my apps into little folders and indicate what they are used for! I have the 5-app horizontal layout and I like to keep the text small. However, there is a way to further personalize your home screen.

See, the thing about OnePlus that we all love is the freedom of innovation. They allow you to customize your phone to truly make it yours.

To start, I like to hold down the empty space on your home screen. There, you’ll see 3 buttons on the bottom, Wallpaper, Widgets, and Home Settings

[​IMG]

You’ll have many options to:
    • Change the icon pack

• Home screen layout (Allowing you to truly personalize your home screen and even hide the names of the apps)

• AND many more, like Notification, Hidden Space, your Launcher Layout.

Next, go to your Settings and hit Customizations, where you’ll be able to:

• Change wallpaper, clock on ambient display

• Accent colors (You can even create your own under ‘customizations’ on the bottom left)

• Icon Pack (There’s even an option to choose from the Play Store on the bottom left)

• AND Fingerprint animation to name a few!
    [​IMG]

A few ways to personalize your ambient screen and wallpaper is through this new feature called Canvas, which is currently in Beta.

[​IMG]

It draws an outline of your photo and upon unlocking your phone, the actual photo will fade into screen! I found that it works best with people rather than items and animals. Notice how the details of her plaid shirt and the mask are gone, while retaining some of the features, like the eyebrows and masks!

Another cool wallpaper would be the special OnePlus x Fnatic wallpaper. In case you didn’t know, OnePlus is a massive sponsor of Fnatic and here is one way to unlock 3 new Fnatic Wallpapers!

Go to the Games app > Settings > Fnatic mode > Tap logo 5 times > and type in "alwaysfnatic” in the box that will appear!

[​IMG]

With that said, feel free to share your best and favorite home screen customizations to have a chance to have it featured on an upcoming blog! Looking forward to seeing your submissions!

Sincerely,
    Kenny

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021

2. Adam Krisko
    NA Community Consultant Staff Member Jan 17, 2021

Adam Krisko , Jan 17, 2021 :
    Let's get to it! I love this and we'll feature some of the best or unique home screens in an upcoming blog post.

3. Adam Krisko
    NA Community Consultant Staff Member Jan 17, 2021

Adam Krisko , Jan 17, 2021 :
    We would like to officially support some cool modders and customizers for an upcoming blog.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021

4. dhanush_r@j
    Gingerbread Jan 17, 2021

D1591372074506 and sicfallacy like this.
  5. AhmedMostafa01
    Cupcake Jan 18, 2021

6. DarshanMeniya
    Jelly Bean Jan 18, 2021

DarshanMeniya , via OnePlus 8T , Jan 18, 2021 :
    1610930684001.jpg
    This is set-up of my home screen , I like simple and minimalistic design. I am using dark mode everytime , and this orange line pack suits perfectly with dark mode.

Icon Pack : Orange Line Icon Pack by JustANewDesigns

7. ianhandsup
    Gingerbread Jan 18, 2021

8. Pavan7860
    Donut Jan 18, 2021

9. SRD.
    KitKat Jan 18, 2021

D1591372074506 likes this.

D1591372074506 likes this.
  11. kheem
    Gingerbread Jan 18, 2021

U1597910427706 likes this.
  12. Ciplo
    Eclair Jan 18, 2021

13. Adam Krisko
    NA Community Consultant Staff Member Jan 18, 2021

Adam Krisko , Jan 18, 2021 :
    Well, This is my favorite so far... Orange is my all time favorite color!
    Did you take that background pic yourself?
    Me neither!
    I like this.. feels like the momentous job we have in life every day.,

14. OnePlus_dude
    Froyo Jan 18, 2021

15. Adarsh.Rangare
    Gingerbread Jan 18, 2021

16. ZorroKenpachi
    Gingerbread Jan 18, 2021

17. JIBINS
    Froyo Jan 18, 2021

18. Adam Krisko
    NA Community Consultant Staff Member Jan 18, 2021