News stories back on notifications

1. G_John_D_mLjc
    Eclair Jun 30, 2020

G_John_D_mLjc , Jun 30, 2020 :
    I turned off all this stuff a while ago because I don't want to get sports results of in going to watch later.

This week it's suddenly started showing them in the main pull-down notifications list. I can't find of this is a phone setting or an app, can someone help please?

2. rhyd1am
    Jelly Bean Jun 30, 2020

rhyd1am , via OnePlus 6T , Jun 30, 2020 :
    Can you share a screenshot of the notification? Notifications say what app they're from. Are you saying that this isn't the case with the ones your receiving?

Caomhin likes this.
  3. G_John_D_mLjc
    Eclair Jul 2, 2020

G_John_D_mLjc , Jul 2, 2020 :
    I don't have one right now to check.
    The icon looks like a news thing though. I have no news apps on my phone so I assume it must be a Google thing, but I never know which of their stuff is a phone setting and which is an app setting on Android.

Looking in Google app->notifications there are now dozens of categories, was it always that way? Obviously then there is "your interests" which would explain the sort of topics I get news stories on... but I want NO news stories at all. And I already have a block on F1 for instance, but am getting notifications on my home screen about it... I really don't want to see the result when I cannot watch the races live!

4. Caomhin
    Lollipop Jul 2, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 2, 2020 :
    Sounds like a possible push notification from a website, many offer such notifications.

Open Chrome, Settings, Site Settings, Notifications, see if there are any websites listed here. Remove any listed personally I also turn off the notifications in here.
    1593717039913.jpg
    Also in Chrome Settings, go to Site Settings again and click on Storage, Clear Site Storage. This will reset any site preferences, but should also ensure no residual values left over from the Notifications.

Also Clear your Chrome browser Cache, choose All Time for time range.

Then Clear Chrome App info Cache as well.

Hopefully this will sort the issue.