NFC Features We gonna miss on OPT!! By: Marques Brownlee.

1. aguyisok Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 20, 2015

NaterTots and yaltis like this.
  2. ridingonfumes Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 20, 2015

ridingonfumes, Aug 20, 2015 :
    Just the fact that you have to point out and explain the NFC features it because most people don't use it and that is also the reason they didn't bother putting it in.
    I've had it on my last three phones and never used it once for anything nor do I know anyone who ever has

3. ridingonfumes Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 20, 2015

I'm selling my one to pay for my 2 I'm already got the deal set up I just hope I don't regret it because I liked CM but oxygen scares me

3's&7's likes this.
  4. Riseup13 Honeycomb Aug 20, 2015

Riseup13, Aug 20, 2015 :

|
    This is what regret looks like

5. ridingonfumes Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 20, 2015

This /\ is what invite envy looks like

6. Riseup13 Honeycomb Aug 20, 2015

Riseup13, Aug 20, 2015 :
    No desire to buy the OP2, my OPO is solid and I am eyeing the moto pure or new nexus devices. Only reason I want an invite is to sell it on eBay to make up for the time I spent hyping the OP2 or share it with CISC members that still want to buy the OP2.

7. Audiology Gingerbread Aug 20, 2015

8. pankajkundlia Gingerbread Aug 20, 2015

pankajkundlia, Aug 20, 2015 :
    If they are saying it not relevant now, then man are you not designing your phone to last no longer then a year or so????

Sick_DMP and yaltis like this.
  9. reviewer.pro Gingerbread Aug 20, 2015

reviewer.pro, Aug 20, 2015 :
    NFC is about automation besides payment .. You can do a lot of cool stuff with nfc tags( which are cheap) .

YUp looks like this phone is designed for a life span of 1 year .Then OPO would expect you to buy a new phone with the latest flagship feature NFC :p .
    If perfomance & looks are not the main driver the MotoX Play looks quite interesting feature wise. (except for the finger print scanner ) . Needs to be seen @ what price point it would be launched .Hopefully around 15-17k INR

NaterTots likes this.
  10. pankajkundlia Gingerbread Aug 20, 2015

pankajkundlia, Aug 20, 2015 :
    agreed!!

11. ridingonfumes Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 20, 2015

Nobody's really designing their phones to last more than a year they want you to buy a new one every year so they can make money it holds true with any of the companies and really any of these phones can easily stay up to par for about 3 years but that's why they constantly offer new ones with improved features to tempt us into buying more often

12. MentalDraco Marshmallow Aug 20, 2015

13. ridingonfumes Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 20, 2015

And in one year NFC will be even older technology than it is now there are actually far superior Technology out there that do the same thing as NFC only faster and with a stronger signal have you ever wondered why none of the manufacturers are putting these newer field communication devices in their phones? = it's because there just isn't the demand not that many people want to use it and out of the few people who want to use it not that many trust it.

There's actually an entire segment of the population who are carrying their phones apart and ripping out their NFC chips because they are afraid the government is using it to track and monitor their movements and I'm not talking to people who were up to no good I'm talking just regular old crazy people

14. reviewer.pro Gingerbread Aug 20, 2015

reviewer.pro, Aug 20, 2015 :
    If that's the case . these folks should be more paranoid about finger print readers and open WiFi .Nfc will find more adoption next year with Google pay and nfc based devices getting popular .I think most people are not sure how to user nfc and many think it's only for payments . I'm not sure about the demand part ; most new mid- high end phones have nfc readers .

NaterTots and yaltis like this.
  15. yaltis Jelly Bean Aug 20, 2015

yaltis, Aug 20, 2015 :
    [​IMG]

16. ridingonfumes Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 21, 2015

ridingonfumes, Aug 21, 2015 :
    NFC been around for almost 15 years they only shoved it in Phone 3-4 years ago as a way to start selling them.
    Less than %10 of people who have NFC in their phone actually use it.
    As you just said.
    "most people only think its for payments".

/\ that only backs up my point that most people don't use it even if they have it nor do they understand it.

You're only kidding yourself if you think it's going to somehow take off when it hasn't over the course of 15 years even being implemented into most people's phones over the last few years

as for the crazy people you're right they should be more worried about those other things, but crazy people don't usually do what they SHOULD do....... That's kind of what makes them crazy

Perfect example of that would be you guys claiming that you don't want oneplus 2 & you're going to buy moto or Nexus........ so you SHOULD be on their forums

Claim your not jealous and you don't want a oneplus until your fingers fall off from typing it over and over but the fact that your posting HERE says otherwise

17. yaltis Jelly Bean Aug 21, 2015

yaltis, Aug 21, 2015 :
    You haven’t any idea what forum is and why, people exchange opinion in forums

i is not like following a football team

It’s a tribune for expression .

A chance that your voice can be heard, and actually to change thinks and make them better

As an old member of this forum although a foreigner one, I m trying to rise my voice among others , to make this company our company fulfill our needs for a better phone.

No need to go to another forum.

Ill stuck here to the end of this company fighting, arguing ,till one day we get the perfect phone we ve dreamed off.

Till that time
    [​IMG]

NaterTots likes this.
  18. Peter8169 Jelly Bean Aug 21, 2015

yaltis likes this.
  19. nexus123 Jelly Bean Aug 21, 2015

nexus123, Aug 21, 2015 :
    From a paid OPO spokesman !

20. AJRMarine Gingerbread Aug 21, 2015

AJRMarine, Aug 21, 2015 :
    Yeah, it's cool and all. But not that practical. Maybe if they could increase the range I would be more interested. I just don't see why this is a deal breaker for so many people. But I guess that's a good thing because I'll get my invite faster now that people don't want the phone. Lol

yaltis likes this.