NFC Features We gonna miss on OPT!! By: Marques Brownlee.

1. oneplusonedollarbillyall KitKat Aug 21, 2015

oneplusonedollarbillyall, Aug 21, 2015 :
    I think you're high on fumes

Amir79, yaltis and NaterTots like this.
  2. yaltis Jelly Bean Aug 21, 2015

yaltis, Aug 21, 2015 :
    [​IMG]

NaterTots likes this.
  3. Amir79 Honeycomb Aug 21, 2015

Amir79, Aug 21, 2015 :
    Saw that video a while back and was excited when I got the OPO thinking I will use NFC. Never used NFC so not fussed in it not being in the 2........would have preferred fast charging though.

yaltis likes this.
  4. Poetrycyborg Jelly Bean Aug 21, 2015

Poetrycyborg, Aug 21, 2015 :
    Would have liked NFC. It's a great and almost standard feature for high end devices. Was surprised not to see it but definitely not a deal breaker.

yaltis likes this.
  5. yaltis Jelly Bean Aug 21, 2015

6. nutzy73 Froyo Aug 21, 2015

nutzy73, Aug 21, 2015 :
    We may get NFC-enabled covers, as the phone has got 2 pins under the cover which could eventually connect to an NFC circuit.

ridingonfumes and yaltis like this.
  7. yaltis Jelly Bean Aug 21, 2015

yaltis, Aug 21, 2015 :
    unfortunately not,the 2 pins is for chinese back covers only

8. yaltis Jelly Bean Aug 21, 2015

yaltis, Aug 21, 2015 :
    home.jpg
    At home
    Stick an NFC tag near your entrance door and let it do things, such as enabling your

Wi-Fi, turning off bluetooth and turning up the ringer volume. With the right app (Trigger, for example) you can program the tag to switch back the settings once you tap your phone on the tag a second time – disabling Wi-Fi, turning on bluetooth …
    http://trendblog.net

9. Dunnow The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Aug 22, 2015

10. Dunnow The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Aug 22, 2015

Dunnow, Aug 22, 2015 :
    to begin with, NFC as a public tech was not there 15 years ago... 15 years ago there was no wifi. Even tho the tech existed back then too... now people ask what is a wired lan.

15 years ago, as you claim for life of NFC there was no Google nor Samsung nor Apple backing it up. Now it is. (BTW it actually is used everywere... as the tags in clothing to prevent stealing basically use NFC)

And it wasn't possible to pay using NFC, now it is.

So, there's only ONE directions this can go. And it's forward. The simple thing that you say it's not like that, takes away all your credibility.

reviewer.pro and yaltis like this.
  11. lywingging Froyo Aug 22, 2015

lywingging, Aug 22, 2015 :
    alot of phone don't have wireless charge, especially at this amazing price, if you aint happy, go elsewhere, its that simple.

12. Dunnow The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Aug 22, 2015

Dunnow, Aug 22, 2015 :
    Did you even get tags to begin with? I bet you did not...

13. Dunnow The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Aug 22, 2015

Dunnow, Aug 22, 2015 :
    NFC is not QiCharging... but ok. Actually A LOT OF PHONES do have it at lower prices... but OK. whatever you say.

14. yaltis Jelly Bean Aug 22, 2015

yaltis, Aug 22, 2015 :
    car.jpg
    In the car
    If you have a bluetooth compatible car radio or headset in your car, then an NFC tag will certainly make your life easier. Let it turn on your bluetooth so your smartphone automatically connects to your radio or headset and let it play your favorite playlist. Do you use your phone’s GPS to navigate? Use a tag to turn on Google Maps and disable turning of the screen while charging.
    http://trendblog.net/

15. Amir79 Honeycomb Aug 22, 2015

Amir79, Aug 22, 2015 :
    No I didn't but I was planning to:oops:

Using your phone for touch pay would be a big plus, but only when it becomes mainstream.

16. ridingonfumes Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 22, 2015

ridingonfumes, Aug 22, 2015 :
    The stupidity of your analogy reeks of your desperation to convince people that NFC is not old Tech that nobody wants.

For starters Bluetooth in car audio applications is used by a much larger segment of it's owners than NFC.

Secondly your cars Bluetooth stereo only serves a couple function unlike Phone where Bluetooth actually is widely used for lots of things. Including PRINTERS.

17. ridingonfumes Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 22, 2015

And all of these things can also be accomplished just as usually without the nfc

18. yaltis Jelly Bean Aug 22, 2015

yaltis, Aug 22, 2015 :
    i agree,even without phone too,

19. ridingonfumes Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 22, 2015

NFC is just a rebranded updated form of RFID and it has been around since the nineties the first big use i can recall is Mobile brand gas stations their Fastpass keychain payment system....... which also never really took off and got popular.. except of course by thieves who would find people's key chains and then go fill up their tanks using their victims Fastpass, this is why they improved on it handmade NFC and the flaws in NFC or the reason why they have improved on it several time yet none of that has been implemented because the demand isn't there.

And as for the combination function for security between fingerprint sensors and NFC? Fingerprint sensors are also junk tech more gimmick than actually useful, and probably won't be on next year's Phone certainly won't be on the phone the year after,,,,, by then they're going to try to sell everybody on retina security sensors which are also going to be a gimmick

20. yaltis Jelly Bean Aug 22, 2015

yaltis, Aug 22, 2015 :
    gym2.jpg
    Working out in peace
    To be completely focused and undisturbed while you are working out, just place a tag on your sports bag which turns on flight mode and launches your workout playlist. Using the “toggle” option, you can reverse the process by simply tapping the tag again when you’re done.