OxygenOS NFC security problem

1. tiz.bas
    Cupcake Oct 17, 2019

tiz.bas , Oct 17, 2019 :
    Hello to all.
    I realized that with the blocked phone I still have access to the drop-down menu from which I can, if enabled, switch the NFC on or off. Using google pay is dangerous because potentially anyone could use the mobile phone as a payment tool (in case you lose it)
    For now I solved by removing the NFC box from the drop-down menu but I lost the convenience of activating the payment method quickly ........ it would have been enough for the drop-down menu to be available only after authentication ... ....... Is there any setting to lock the drop-down menu when the phone is locked?

under the screeshot with the phone locked where you can see the various buttons can be accessed

[​IMG]

2. CosmoKramer70
    Jelly Bean Oct 17, 2019

CosmoKramer70 , Oct 17, 2019 :
    If the phone is locked then you wont be able to initiate google pay. So doesn't matter if the NFC chips is on all the time it wont work unless you unlock your phone first. I mean how stupid would that be!
    You would think Google would have this sort of stuff covered before launching any sort of financial loop hole. Google clearly states: "To use Google Pay in stores, you need to set up a screen lock on your Android device for your security."
    So unless you hand your phone over to someone then thats your own fault not Google's not OnePlus, just yours!
    Pointless thread!

KeepTransisting likes this.
  3. tiz.bas
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

tiz.bas , Oct 18, 2019 :
    dear CosmoKramer70,
    thanks anyway for the answer even if sometimes it should be remembered that the purpose of a community is to help people not to show arrogance........you look angry .......
    have a good life
    Tiziano

4. CosmoKramer70
    Jelly Bean Oct 19, 2019

CosmoKramer70 , Oct 19, 2019 :
    Dear Tizano
    You asked a question and you got an answer. Which, like you state is the purpose of the community which i have for-filled. Knowing the answer doesn't mean arrogance, but more of wisdom instead.
    So enjoy your life and please don't mistake arrogance for wisdom, otherwise you'll learn nothing.
    Here endeth the lesson.

5. tiz.bas
    Cupcake Oct 19, 2019

tiz.bas , Oct 19, 2019 :
    I just think it's better to be kind when discussing with other people.
    Just this.
    Thanks for the help and goodbye.