Night Mode Bug via OnePlus 7T

1. G_Vivek_Saraiya_dkFx , via OnePlus 7T , Oct 13, 2019 :
    I have noticed this strange thing with the night mode. When activated, if you unlock the screen, there is a slight transition from normal to the night mode. It happens on each unlock.

kevm66, jsm and J1557926254692 like this.
  2. Koteshyadav
    Eclair Oct 13, 2019

kevm66 likes this.

5. G_Vivek_Saraiya_dkFx , via OnePlus 7T , Oct 13, 2019 :
    yes that might be the case..

6. Koteshyadav
    Eclair Oct 13, 2019

G_Vivek_Saraiya_dkFx likes this.
  7. jsm
    Froyo Oct 23, 2019

jsm , Oct 23, 2019 :
    If the Lockscreen/Fingerprint-Sensor needs the non-night-mode (I doubt it) I still see no reason why the night mode need to fade in so slow like it does.
    The device and screen is fast as hell, it should be no problem to activate the nightmode without delay and without fading while it unlocks and switches to the homescreen.

kevm66 likes this.

9. Swole Is The Goal
    Cupcake Oct 24, 2019

Swole Is The Goal , Oct 24, 2019 :
    I'm on the 7t Pro and I get this problem.

Is it just how the fingerprint sensor works or is it a bug? It's a bit jarring at night when it suddenly becomes bright when you need to unlock it.

kevm66 likes this.
  10. Cosmos_NT
    Jelly Bean Oct 24, 2019

Cosmos_NT , via OnePlus 7T , Oct 24, 2019 :
    Under display fingerprint scanner needs a hefty amount of light to work, the area which holds the sensor shines brightest when you place finger on it.

Now, usually till OnePlus 6 where scanners where physical, the display could keep it self in night mode even when in lock screen.

But as soon as the display had a scanner underneath, it was impossible to keep it in that mode because as explained above it needs light, and White in particular with previously green and now a pinkish tint, night mode turn it to a little warmer color so white being red or orangish wouldn't not allow the scanner to scan the finger and it would fail.

About one more surprise from Jerryrig, though he didn't mentioned, but when he was talking about loud speaker, Under the notch, there are 2 little sensors underneath the display - light and proximity sensor (too many users are complaining about ambient display or lift up display isn't working properly !)

1571895621538.jpg

1571895621566.jpg

kevm66 likes this.
  11. G_Vivek_Saraiya_dkFx , via OnePlus 7T , Oct 24, 2019 :
    this explanation suffice my doubt and m not concerned about it. i am enjoying the performance though.

12. jsm
    Froyo Oct 27, 2019

jsm , Oct 27, 2019 :
    Its all about the work oneplus is willing to do. Technically it would be no problem to light the sensor with the light needed and keep nightmode for the rest of the display active any time.
    All arguments are just excuses for the amount of effort the manufactor is willing to do.

13. raiprtk
    Cupcake Oct 27, 2019

raiprtk , Oct 27, 2019 :
    hi,
    i am getting problem with screen near fingerprint sensor. sometimes i am getting a circle as we get when we try to unlock with fingerprint, even if my phone is on. sometimes when i try to touch space bar on my keyboard, i am getting same problem. i am attaching a photo which will show issue. please help. when this happens screen near fingerprint sensor is not working.
    View attachment 1166178