Night mode issue via OnePlus 8 Pro

1. rhtydv27
    Eclair Jul 4, 2020

rhtydv27 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 4, 2020 :
    Can anyone tell me how i can fix my lockscreen nightmode issue. Actually when i double tap and open lock screen the screen becomes warm in colour or night mode but as i open or unlocks thr phone the screen becomes cool as if nightmode is off or something is not right. plz help me regarding this.

Attached Files:

ruvim.pilip and Srinjan like this.
  2. M1590057381322
    Eclair Jul 4, 2020

rhtydv27 likes this.
  3. TineshTV
    Donut Jul 5, 2020

TineshTV , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 5, 2020 :
    That's because your Ambient display is on and you may need to adjust that settings. For me the Night Mode and Read mode options are diabled, there is an Adaptive brightness issue as well.

Q1561476101911 and rhtydv27 like this.
  4. shubham_117
    Froyo Jul 5, 2020

5. Srinjan
    Donut Jul 6, 2020

7. KeepTransisting
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Jul 6, 2020

KeepTransisting , Jul 6, 2020 :
    Go to settings > System > Accessibility and make sure Collor Correction and Color Inversion are turned off. That will most likely fix your night mode / read mode issue

TineshTV likes this.
  8. ruvim.pilip , via OnePlus 8 T-Mobile , Jul 6, 2020 :
    Whoops I'm sorry, I'm actually having quite the opposite issue. When night mode is on, my lock screen is cool but becomes normal when i unlock the phone.

Srinjan likes this.
  9. KeepTransisting

That's because it disables filters when the fingerprint scanner is active. That's normal behavior. You will notice the problem is fixed if you use pin / password to unlock your phone.

10. ruvim.pilip , via OnePlus 8 T-Mobile , Jul 6, 2020 :
    Ahh i got it, thank you. Although it's not a deal-breaker, it is a slight inconvenience and I'd like to see a workaround but it's understandable if it isn't possible to fix

Srinjan likes this.
  11. KeepTransisting

Yeah, it's impossible to fix since the phone uses an optical fingerprint scanner. Applying a night mode filter would hinder the scanner's ability to see through the screen.

Srinjan likes this.
  12. TineshTV
    Donut Jul 7, 2020

TineshTV , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 7, 2020 :
    Yes it did fix the issue.. it was the colour correction that I've enabled made these modes to get disabled. Thanks for the support. It was a good catch BTW.

KeepTransisting likes this.