Night mode issue via OnePlus 8T

1. KondiSiema
    Eclair Feb 9, 2021

KondiSiema , via OnePlus 8T , Feb 9, 2021 :
    I took these photos in night mode. Seems strange. What u guys suggest to do? I restarted app and phone but it still appears, it happens I'd say rarely but yeah, I'm little bit concerned.
    1612900813640.jpg

1612900813878.jpg

1612900814160.jpg

2. cdnfarmer
    Moderator, Photography Expert Moderator Feb 9, 2021

cdnfarmer , Feb 9, 2021 :
    You mean when you use Nightscape? What settings or anything else before you took the picture such as take a picture with a different mode?

What happens when you take a low light picture or same place but with regular mode?

What happens when you take a regular pictures during the day?

What happens when you use same settings and take a picture of outside?

3. KondiSiema
    Eclair Feb 9, 2021

Others different camera modes works perfectly fine during day or night, I don't have any problems them, it only appear in night mode when idk, I thought it happens when I turn camera directly to light source but I found that's not a problem, it appear randomly I'd say in 1 on 20 shots. And yeah when I say night mode I mean nightscape sorry its bad habit from ios soooory

cdnfarmer likes this.
  4. KondiSiema
    Eclair Feb 9, 2021

For example I moved few steps, take nightscape again and they are fine, I restarted phone and that it's not happened yet but question is for how long
    1612903801637.jpg

1612903801725.jpg

cdnfarmer likes this.
  5. cdnfarmer
    Moderator, Photography Expert Moderator Feb 10, 2021

cdnfarmer , Feb 10, 2021 :
    Thanks for the updates. It is interesting for sure. The details are appreciated. I don't have a solution yet. However, your info was sent to the camera staff.

You can also submit a bug report so the bug hunters can look into it. Under feedback in the app or at
    https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/

6. cdnfarmer

just wanted to make sure we were talking about the same.
    Welcome to Android. 👊🙌🤜🤛:) besides these random events. Enjoy your phone. :)

Out of curiosity, did you have any other apps open at the same time?
    And were any of them (e.g. web conferencing etc) using the camera or access to it?

7. KondiSiema
    Eclair Feb 10, 2021

KondiSiema , via OnePlus 8T , Feb 10, 2021 :
    I have just whatsapp but no background app was running at this time. I bought this phone 3 days ago and I enjoy it very much, I am
    not even mad this bug appears to me because I'm coming back from ios after 1 year when I switch op6 to iphone but man, it's good to be back here again.

8. Iamhashimnaqvi
    Gingerbread Feb 10, 2021

KondiSiema likes this.
  9. KondiSiema
    Eclair Feb 10, 2021

10. cdnfarmer

hey, your info was sent to camera folks. See last comment please. If you need help with bug report let me Know.
    It would be good but was this confirmed by official channels?
    Camera team asked that you do fill out a bug report (use feedback option in the app) so it be followed up appropriately.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021

11. KondiSiema
    Eclair Feb 10, 2021

KondiSiema , via OnePlus 8T , Feb 10, 2021 :
    Yeah, I already reported bug in feedback

cdnfarmer likes this.
  12. cdnfarmer

Awesome! thanks.

KondiSiema likes this.
  13. jewelraj
    Cupcake Jun 18, 2021

jewelraj , Jun 18, 2021 :
    After update oxygen os 11.0.7.7, the nightscape camera became pink after capture a photo. How can i solve it. Only photo option all is ok. but problem is in nightscape camera. I was remove the cache of the camera. but still face the issue. What i need to do? Before the oxygen update the camera was fine & good. But after update i face some issue like that or failed to focus in nightscape mode... Please give me solution or give a proper update

Attached Files:

14. Leontien
    Cupcake Jul 25, 2021

Leontien , Jul 25, 2021 :
    Yes same here ever since the last update my camera makes those pink surreal photos in nightmode. What van I do?

15. jewelraj
    Cupcake Aug 1, 2021

jewelraj , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 1, 2021 :
    I think oneplus can't solve this issue, i think. Because this problem happened with many users since September 2020. But oneplus give us several updates, but they failed to fix this. My friend use samsung galaxy s20 ultra. Samsung phone haven't any issue in the main camera or nightscape. Samsung keep perfect tone in nightshot also ... oneplus 8 pro sucks......