Night mode shuts off when screen locks OnePlus 7 pro

1. sethmbond
    Eclair May 31, 2019

sethmbond , May 31, 2019 :
    Has anyone noticed or had the issue where night mode turns off when the screen locks. Consequently when you unlock your phone you will notice your screen without night mode for a moment and then see it turn back on after a moment.

It happens every time I lock and unlock my phone. Interested to hear from you all.
    OnePlus 7 pro

P1591874852998 and danutz_timo like this.
  2. bartoffermans
    Gingerbread May 31, 2019

3. danutz_timo
    Gingerbread May 31, 2019

danutz_timo , May 31, 2019 :
    I have the same problem. I reported it as feedback for improvement. Being a pixel user for the last 2 years it's like I never imagined having this kind of issue. it's funny how after leaving the pixel experience I realize how much further ahead is Google pixel in software... [e]1f601[/e]

P1591874852998 likes this.
  4. manuel19
    The Lab - OnePlus 8T Reviewer May 31, 2019

manuel19 , May 31, 2019 :
    there's a simple reason for this. The in-display-fingerprint-sensor needs light to recognize your fingerprint. This light comes from the display. Night mode filters out blue light, and may also make the screen darker. for the fingerprint sensor to work properly, the display needs to light up the same, preset way. Every time. Set color, temperature, brightness. Things as night mode or screen calibration, change these and would affect the fingerprint sensors behaviour. For this reason, any custom screen calibration (night mode as well) has to be disabled for scenarios where you have to use the in display fingerprint sensor. You can also experience this when login in to your banking app with your fingerprint for example. Night mode gets disabled for a second there, as well. This also has nothing to do with Google being ahead with software, it's just the in optical fingerprint sensor that needs this behaviour.
    Yes, it can be annoying, but that's the compensation you have to make for a fast in-display fingerprint sensor.

react117, Pandabee and danutz_timo like this.
  5. manuel19

Have to add: Thank you for reporting and keep doing so in the future, for any concerns you may have! This is what let's the team know what's bothering you and keeps the software evolving!

danutz_timo likes this.
  6. danutz_timo
    Gingerbread May 31, 2019

I was thinking that this is the reason. it's just a pain in the night for the eyes.
    Pixel is ahead not because of this, there are other areas, bugs that I never encountered on the pixel like the might mode that doesn't turn off in the morning and the list goes on. I'm not saying that OnePlus is bad by any means, it's just that pixel is more polished, reliable, unobtrusive [e]1f609[/e]

P1591874852998 and manuel19 like this.
  7. danutz_timo
    Gingerbread May 31, 2019

I gave more feedback and probably will. given that I work in QA software testing on mobile it's a work bad habit to see every little small issues and improvements

manuel19 likes this.
  8. akks
    KitKat May 31, 2019

akks , May 31, 2019 :
    A known issue, already reported by many. Due to in display fingerprint scanner which needs normal light. Hope OnePlus team can do something on it.

9. manuel19

Agree on this. Let's hope they still find a way to improve this in the future :D

True as well. There are a lot of areas that need improvements. But as I said, keep reporting so the team can keep smashing these bugs as well. ;) Google also has a lot more resources, and probably some of the most talented developers in the world. You really don't expect them to have many bugs. :D

Super nice to hear, keep going then! :D Can't wait to see those bugs being smashed ;)