[Answered] Night Mode takes 2-3 seconds to get activated after the screen unlock. It's not instantaneous.

1. doptas
    Eclair Nov 12, 2018

doptas , Nov 12, 2018 :
    My OP 6T has Night Mode turned ON for a certain time interval everyday. Night Mode takes a good 2-3 seconds to get activated after the screen unlock. It's not instantaneous. Coming from an iPhone where I have never experienced this lag. Fan of OnePlus. Hopefully this can be fixed soon. Thanks.

2. Bobby D.
    Gingerbread Nov 12, 2018

Bobby D. , Nov 12, 2018 :
    Hi doptas,

This is Bobby from OnePlus Bug Hunters.

This is by design because the screen needs to be bright to read the fingerprint, so night mode gets activated with a delay after the screen is unlocked.

Any other bugs you find, please contact me for further help. Or you can submit bug report here: https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/ next time so that we can see your issues intuitively for further investigation.

High regards
    OnePlus Bug Hunters

3. E1541014456286
    Cupcake Nov 14, 2018

E1541014456286 , Nov 14, 2018 :
    I really wish this was not the case. It is very distracting and makes the phone feel really glitchy when night mode is on. I have experienced times when after unlocking night mode doesn't actually turn on so I have to lock the screen and unlock the phone again. This night mode behavior combined with the always on display at full brightness makes using the phone at night very tedious and annoying. I really hope you guys can come up with a clever solution or I might have to go back to my Pixel