Nillkin 9H Hardness Tempered Glass Screen Protector for OnePlus

1. kyrron
    Froyo Oct 13, 2014

kyrron , Oct 13, 2014 :
    Figured I'd put a couple of thoughts in on the screen protector posts.

After putting on the cheap plastic screen protectors for the last couple of years, I decided to check out the tempered glass arena and see what all the hype was about.

I've got to say now that I've installed this new protector on My phone, I will NEVER go back to the cheap plastic screen protectors ever again...

The installation was simple, line it up, let it touch the screen and it adhered itself. The display is clear, touch responsiveness does not seem to be impacted at all and the display looks beautiful.

The only complaint that I have is that the glass does not completely cover the screen. It's maybe 1-2 mm's to narrow so the edges of the screen aren't fully protected.

Other than that, definitely buy this if you have a OnePlus, you will not regret it, plus, this one beats the factory screen protector. I bought the protector on the store site, but, it lasted maybe 2 weeks before it had a scratch on it.

Got mine from Amazon for $11.70 with free shipping (Amazon Prime)
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L3EO82I
    Worth every penny!
    Anyway, hope this helps someone else looking at screen protectors :D

2. gusuraman
    Community Veteran Oct 13, 2014

gusuraman , Oct 13, 2014 :
    Thanks for the review.
    Can you post some picture to see the fit? All users says nillkin fits like a glove

3. kyrron
    Froyo Oct 16, 2014

kyrron , Oct 16, 2014 :
    It's hard to get a full pic of the phone at the level of detail needed, but, I did get a great shot of the top of the phone. It's got the same amount of spacing all the way around the protector. With the bugdroid case I've got, it's not a problem as it has a little lip to it, but, I was surprised to see the gap there because of all the other posts I'd read about it being a perfect fit.
    It's nowhere near enough to be a deal breaker, but, I wanted to point it out because of the aforementioned posts about the fit.
    Hope the pics help make more sense of what I'm trying to say :D
    Phone without the case:
    Screen Protector - no case.jpg
    Phone with case:
    Screen Protector - TPU Bugdroid case.jpg
    Top of phone showing gap:
    Screen Protector fit.jpg

kincaid and faisalv like this.
  4. DreamerJ
    Honeycomb Oct 16, 2014

DreamerJ , Oct 16, 2014 :
    I have the Nillkin too, and agree regarding the fit/size of the cover vs.the OnePlus One's front surface. However, my cover also came with some dust on the adhering side prior to removal from its packaging as best as I can tell, which I made worse with my hasty attempts to clean. So not a perfect experience, either. Hopefully it does its job though in case it is ever needed to protect the screen.

kyrron likes this.
  5. gusuraman
    Community Veteran Oct 16, 2014

gusuraman , Oct 16, 2014 :
    That gap is normal looking to other reviews

kyrron likes this.
  6. GoodmanChase
    Donut Oct 16, 2014

GoodmanChase , Oct 16, 2014 :
    That looks a good fit. I tried the film type protectors a couple of times but couldn't get on with them. But having tried the tempered glass style ones they are spot on.

They seem to feel slicker that the actual screen itself and are also easier to clean.

kyrron likes this.
  7. BlackLotus
    Froyo Oct 16, 2014

BlackLotus , Oct 16, 2014 :
    I used a Nilkin glass protector. I tried scratching it with a key gently too. It be unscratchable. ^.^

kyrron likes this.
  8. kyrron
    Froyo Oct 16, 2014

gusuraman likes this.
  9. gusuraman
    Community Veteran Oct 16, 2014

gusuraman , Oct 16, 2014 :
    Maybe:D But you will stop to notice that soon;)

10. Slatter191
    Lollipop Oct 16, 2014

Slatter191 , Oct 16, 2014 :
    Nillkin 9H are the best.......IMPO

11. eran4
    Eclair Oct 16, 2014

eran4 , Oct 16, 2014 :
    Aint the gap ment for the use of a overscreen case?
    If the glass would cover the whole screen the case could lift it up from certain angles
    (havnt got my one/screen protector yet so i cant realy see how wide the gap is)

12. Aaroneloy21
    Jelly Bean Oct 16, 2014

13. Nighthaunt
    Gingerbread Oct 27, 2014

Nighthaunt , Oct 27, 2014 :
    Anyone had both Nilkin and Orzly tempered glass protectors? Just to see if anyone has personal experience with both - trying to decide between them isn't easy :)

Thanks

Alex

14. netr0pa
    Jelly Bean Oct 27, 2014

netr0pa , Oct 27, 2014 :
    The cut out for the speakers and camera is terrible!

I got mine today but I probaly will send it back soon.... Will try to get full refund and this crap is going back to China where it was produced.

Gonna order another Ultimateshield which I already applied on my screen. Just order another one to have it as a backup incase.

15. minducanada
    Jelly Bean Oct 27, 2014

minducanada , Oct 27, 2014 :
    Tell u what, the space that the protector leaves on ur front panel could be much helpful when u put a case on

16. amartens181
    KitKat Oct 27, 2014

amartens181 , Oct 27, 2014 :
    I would say it doesn't

17. 99Honeyburst
    Froyo Oct 28, 2014

99Honeyburst , Oct 28, 2014 :
    My 0.02c worth... I've had a Nillkin one my OPO for the past three days. I agree - fitting is much easier than plastic protectors because of it's rigidity - although you still need very good "hygiene" when fitting to make sure no pesky dust particles are flying around and get under the protector.

I feel like the touch screen responsiveness might be very, very slightly degraded with it on but it could be placebo effect.

Overall pretty happy with it. I'm not sure it'll stand up to "key scratching" etc. but IMHO if you put your phone together with keys or other sharp objects you get what you deserve :)

18. Nighthaunt
    Gingerbread Oct 28, 2014

Nighthaunt , Oct 28, 2014 :
    Thanks 99HoneyBurst - pre-ordered the flip case its just I've always believed the more sacrificial layers the better - much cheaper than new screen :)

Regards

Alex

19. simonc76
    Jelly Bean Oct 28, 2014

simonc76 , Oct 28, 2014 :
    Does the one plus come with a screen protector from the factory that needs to be peeled off before applying glass one?
    All my previous androids had them, usually quite hard to spot at first, so maybe people are putting glass on top of another protector and not realising it.

20. aGhaly
    Gingerbread Oct 28, 2014