Nillkin Frosted Case Review

1. Stefan Petit-Freres
    Gingerbread Jul 31, 2014

Stefan Petit-Freres , Jul 31, 2014 :
    Nillkin Frosted Case Review
    Link: http://goo.gl/qH6o3k
    The fourth and final case arrived pretty early today and it is threatening the Ebestsale TPU case's reign on my phone.
    Just looking at the case, you can see a subtle dotted pattern on the back. Once you feel the back, you start to question whether the Sandstone back was really your favorite texture. Then you remember the whole point of having the case, to protect your phone, right? Unfortunately, this case will not protect your phone with the efficiency Ebestsale's TPU provides. The edges are raised but not nearly as much as the TPU. After putting a quarter under the phone and moving it, the quarter does get displaced. The smaller raise causes the screen to be much more vulnerable.
    The ports on the side are better than the blue TPU I reviewed and since it's a hard case, nothing is loose. Thanks to this hardness, the case is much slimmer than the TPUs. The top and bottom of the case reveal 90% of the phone itself because of the curved cut approach Nillkin took when creating this case. This makes it easier to put things in the ports but sacrifices protection because the casing won't be there to absorb the impact. This case will not provide the grip you get on the TPU or sandstone back.
    Overall this case is not truly meant for protection but for a good show and boy does it deliver in that category. I would recommend this for those who can maintain the safety of their OnePlus and want a case that doesn't mask its identity.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pros: Feels very nice - The Slimmest Case I've bought - Color Choices
    Cons: Edges not Raised enough - Not enough case to protect- Slippery

kooshals, Jeshi and sohma like this.
  2. Sard0nyx
    Gingerbread Jul 31, 2014

3. blue_gojira
    Honeycomb Jul 31, 2014

4. Stefan Petit-Freres
    Gingerbread Jul 31, 2014

5. Sard0nyx
    Gingerbread Jul 31, 2014

6. phannatic
    Gingerbread Jul 31, 2014

phannatic , Jul 31, 2014 :
    I think that case with the tempered glass screen protector should be good. The point of raised edges on cases is to protect screen when we put phone down on face? So that's why with the temper glass protector, it'll be perfect. Minimal bulk. I like it! Thanks for the review

7. Stefan Petit-Freres
    Gingerbread Jul 31, 2014

Yeah I'm just worried about when people drop their phones face flat on the ground, a case without a good raised edge will do nothing and you'll get a shattered screen. But you've got a mighty fine idea! Temper Glass + Nillkin is a good combo.

8. yk1988
    Gingerbread Jul 31, 2014

9. Stefan Petit-Freres
    Gingerbread Jul 31, 2014

Unlike the TPU case I reviewed yesterday, this case will do not damage when putting it on or taking it off.

yk1988 likes this.
  10. garvine
    Honeycomb Jul 31, 2014

garvine , Jul 31, 2014 :
    Might just be you! ;)

I've ordered the white one, don't have it yet. But don't imagine it would get too dirty. Most of my peripherals are white and I have never had a problem.

11. kawaii
    Honeycomb Jul 31, 2014

kawaii , Jul 31, 2014 :
    Got mine today and it fits snug. I removed it once and I was afraid that it would damage the coating, but it didn't.

12. Hans104
    Jelly Bean Oct 1, 2014

Hans104 , Oct 1, 2014 :
    :) Did you ever try to take the case off? I wonder if this is possible at all.

13. dumbass
    Eclair Jan 9, 2015

dumbass , Jan 9, 2015 :
    I bought this case and I love the feel of it. It has a perfect fit and adds little bulk to the phone. I prefer this type of case, with cut-outs to access the buttons.

14. MrPlainkey
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 20, 2015

MrPlainkey , Aug 20, 2015 :
    The Quality is very poor. After two weeks using, the plastic coat goes off. I think it don't like sun milk.

Attached Files:

15. cchadwick00
    Froyo Aug 20, 2015

16. SteffenG
    KitKat Aug 20, 2015

SteffenG , Aug 20, 2015 :
    I have the same case in black and I love it. Even when dropping it, its still working fine. I have one little scratch in it, but thats what a case is for.

I usually went for the Pulsar cases because they are a little more flexible and the feel is really good as it is very grippy.

17. richmama
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 20, 2015

18. Spartoz
    Eclair Aug 25, 2015

Spartoz , Aug 25, 2015 :
    I have this case and i would not recommend it.
    The case is way to slippery and when my opo fell from my desk he was completely destroyed. :confused:
    But she is very slim and beautiful