Nillkin Frosted Red Case review

1. NoJeebS
    Gingerbread Aug 5, 2014

NoJeebS , Aug 5, 2014 :
    So I took the chance and ordered one of these despite most of the photos showing it as a pinkish color. (Google image search yielded more of Nillkin's red colored cases and the color was accurate to the photo I took below.) So not all photos of the case look pink....hence I took the risk and ordered from Amazon.

I'll be mainly reviewing the color only as other's have already covered the Nillkin case for the One in my depth.

Smooth matte coating on the outside and inside. The red is not bright and the matte coating makes it look like red vines (the candy). That's the best description I can think of when describing the color of the case. Overall it's no where near the pink hue that we're lead to believe in most marketing photos.

Anyhow, personally I'll be returning this case as I don't like the red. Frosted clear case it is for me...until my Diztronic red TPU arrives this week.

[​IMG]
    Oh and the photo was taken with the One's back camera. ^___^

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014

imablackhat, Mollie6003 and benbeck08 like this.
  2. zomgwtfbbqxd
    Froyo Aug 6, 2014

3. boonkhim
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 6, 2014

4. Anessa
    Honeycomb Aug 6, 2014

5. benbeck08
    Jelly Bean Aug 6, 2014

benbeck08 , Aug 6, 2014 :
    I actually dig the color. I have a red Diztronic on the way though.

6. NoJeebS
    Gingerbread Aug 6, 2014

NoJeebS , Aug 6, 2014 :
    I'll let you know in a few days.

You should pick it up from Amazon and see for yourself. :) If you don't like it just return it.

benbeck08 likes this.
  7. geko95gek
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 6, 2014

geko95gek , Aug 6, 2014 :
    Looks nice, although have to say I favour TPU and Hybrid cases over the hard clip on ones.

8. Sidhar
    Jelly Bean Aug 6, 2014

Sidhar , Aug 6, 2014 :
    This is not the red one.
    This is the ROSE red one and it's pinkish.
    The red one is beautiful:p

9. imablackhat
    Honeycomb Aug 6, 2014

10. nicklasolling
    Gingerbread Aug 6, 2014

11. NoJeebS
    Gingerbread Aug 6, 2014

NoJeebS , Aug 6, 2014 :
    No where on their site do they even list a "ROSE" red case....it's called bright red and this is the case I received. It's not pink at all in person and the colors are accurate in my photo.

http://www.nillkin.com/english/proshow.asp?mid=2&sid=0&tid=0&cid=1&scid=13&id=4269&page=1

Please read my review as I explained it in detail.

12. monkeyking
    Gingerbread Aug 6, 2014

monkeyking , Aug 6, 2014 :
    Thanks for the review and pic. I think the best color for this particular case is still either black or gold. I saw one of the other forum members posted pics for the gold and it does indeed look very good on it.

13. Sidhar
    Jelly Bean Aug 6, 2014

Sidhar , Aug 6, 2014 :
    Ahumm ahummm:p
    Watch the fourth one in the list.
    Also on other websites it says rose red.

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/Nillkin-Fros...hone_PDA_Cases&var&hash=item339075e095&_uhb=1

14. NoJeebS
    Gingerbread Aug 6, 2014

NoJeebS , Aug 6, 2014 :
    That's an ebay listing. The seller can list it as whatever they want. Go take a look at the official site like I had originally linked you.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are other colors but not officially from Nillkin. This is a review for the "bright red" official case from Nillkin....

15. Sidhar
    Jelly Bean Aug 6, 2014

Sidhar , Aug 6, 2014 :
    I know what you mean.
    I bought the rose red and it was pinkish, i bought a bright red one and it was also pinkish.
    Next time I will buy from an official seller of Nillkin.

16. NoJeebS
    Gingerbread Aug 6, 2014

NoJeebS , Aug 6, 2014 :
    So yeah, then you know that there is only one red from Nillkin. Unless they decide to change the red across their whole product line, this is the only red you'll be able to get in a Nillkin branded case.

That was way too much explaining just to find out you purchased the same case twice just because one seller listed it as a different name. Then your original statement is misleading because you made it sound like you have some Nillkin "beautiful" red case that no one has seen. Please be thorough in your research before saying I didn't review the right product.

17. Sidhar
    Jelly Bean Aug 6, 2014

Sidhar , Aug 6, 2014 :
    I know what you mean, but your photo looks a lot like the rose reds I have, that's why I thought it's the same.
    Maybe it's because of my IPS monitors.

How much did it cost you?

18. NoJeebS
    Gingerbread Aug 6, 2014

NoJeebS , Aug 6, 2014 :
    It is the same case. This is the only red case Nillkin offers for the One. I paid about $10 shipped through the seller Unimart via Amazon.

19. Sidhar
    Jelly Bean Aug 6, 2014

Sidhar , Aug 6, 2014 :
    Very nice price.
    I read you are going for the diztronic, I like tpu cases.
    I wish you good luck and thanks for your replies.

20. benbeck08
    Jelly Bean Aug 6, 2014

benbeck08 , Aug 6, 2014 :
    I think three cases is too many! lol

NoJeebS likes this.