Nillkin Tempered Glass

1. Zeus369
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 25, 2014

Zeus369 , Aug 25, 2014 :
    So this will require an update but here's my story.

Ordered my first ever tempered glass protector. I never knew anyone personally that had one.

After reading the forums and getting my OPO, I decided to order a Nillkin Tempered Glass protector. Received it and was pretty happy all around.

One day after a long and frantic day at the office, I pulled into my garage, got out of the car with a ton of things in my hands so I had a mental lapse and wedged my One between my arm and chest. 2 steps into the house and bam...my one plunges down onto the tile flooring face first. It bounced around before lying still. It all seemed slow motion. Unloaded my hands and picked her up and noticed that 3 of the 4 corners of the screen had damage. Little pieces of glass could be felt. I was instantly mad at myself. After dinner, I took a good look at my One and I remembered that I had my Nillkin tempered glass protector on. Then I started to realize that the screen protector did EXACTLY what it needed to do...it took the brunt of that impact. Now I say this with caution because I have YET to remove the protector and truly inspect my screen. With my phone off, I can see the bottom corner has a hairline crack going across the buttons, BUT I'm 90% certain that this is only my Nillkin that is cracked. I have since ordered a new Nillkin protector (the same kind) and once it arrives, I will then and only then take off this one and get the full picture.

If what I think is true and that the Nillkin managed to take that impact and save my screen.....then EVERYONE needs to get one for the price that they cost. ($10)

I will update this with my findings as soon as I receive my new Nillkin.

2. Zeus369

Zeus369 , Aug 25, 2014 :
    Well guys......here's the LONG awaited update!

I received my new Nillkin Tempered Glass screen protector this morning and went ahead and removed the other one.

As I had expected from my inspection, the screen protector did its job and took the abuse.

Upon removing it, it cracked like an egg.....therefore I cannot show you what it looked like before removal but I took some picks of it post removal.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    So the damage was originally on the top 2 corneres and the bottom right corner. There were hairline cracks from each corner going across. Not really surprised by how much it cracked while removing it....these adhere really well, and it's fairly thin glass.....any amount of heavy bending will crack it. But I didn't care, as it was finished and did its job. I have replaced it with a new one and all is back to normal.

I inspected my OnePlus closely and noticed that the one metal corner had sustained surface damage, but that's it!

My one survives to live another day. I HIGHLY recommend tempered glass. I don't care which manufacturer you choose, but it can save your phone. Not saying it will save it from all drops, but mine took a nice angry dive onto tile flooring from about 4' to 5' high.

I am in no way affiliated with Nillkin....but have become a huge fan and just trying to pass along my experience to our awesome community.

Cheers!

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014

3. huzzyz
    Honeycomb Aug 25, 2014

Zeus369 likes this.
  4. OpofanIT
    KitKat Aug 25, 2014

Zeus369 likes this.
  5. mingtrinh

mingtrinh , Aug 25, 2014 :
    Hope your phone is intact! keep us posted. i'm still deciding between Nilkin or Orzly protector and looking for a flip case

Akki246 and Zeus369 like this.
  6. Zeus369

Zeus369 , Aug 25, 2014 :
    Either way the One has been fully functional and no other issues have surfaced.

But I do have my fingers crossed for the best outcome for sure.

mingtrinh likes this.
  7. mavblues
    Gingerbread Aug 25, 2014

mavblues , Aug 25, 2014 :
    Well, hopefully it is just your protector that's cracked.

Not sure why you would go and order a new screen protector without first inspecting the phone screen, though.

DannY09 likes this.
  8. Greenas

Greenas , Aug 25, 2014 :
    for now i have seen 4 reviews that all drops cracked the main screen too, hope you will be the first who survived

9. XmXmaks
    KitKat Aug 25, 2014

XmXmaks , Aug 25, 2014 :
    Good luck mate!
    [​IMG]

Zeus369 likes this.
  10. Zeus369

Zeus369 , Aug 25, 2014 :
    Because either way, I'm keeping it. If the screen is cracked in any way, it still has been 100% functional therefore I will add a new protector to keep it from getting worst.

11. sjraman79
    Jelly Bean Aug 25, 2014

Zeus369 likes this.
  12. iTrollz
    KitKat Aug 25, 2014

iTrollz , Aug 25, 2014 :
    Please don't keep us in suspense. How is the screen after you removed the screen protector?

13. Zeus369

Zeus369 , Aug 25, 2014 :
    I don't know....as stated, I didn't remove the protector yet. As soon as my new protector arrives, I will remove the current damaged one and see where I stand.

14. mingtrinh

mingtrinh , Aug 25, 2014 :
    a dizzy clumsy old man like me - i really need all the protection available for my phone :p:D

Zeus369 likes this.
  15. Greenas

16. FarManD
    Gingerbread Aug 25, 2014

Zeus369 likes this.
  17. OllieHorne

OllieHorne , Aug 25, 2014 :
    Awesome story! I will really look into getting this one also! I was heart set on the Rhino shield, but maybe thats just the marketing getting in my head.

Zeus369 likes this.
  18. Zeus369

19. iTrollz
    KitKat Aug 25, 2014

iTrollz , Aug 25, 2014 :
    Fingers crossed. When is your expected delivery time? You're really going to wait? Do you have a backup phone in the meantime?

20. Akki246

Akki246 , Aug 25, 2014 :
    where do u live??...u can go mofi case...