no apps installed from Switch backup

1. ankitatel81292
    Donut Jul 31, 2018

ankitatel81292 , Jul 31, 2018 :
    Hello,

I just cleared the data and installed the new OS 5.0.4,
    on OP3, I have backed up the device with OP SWITCH,

but when i restored the backup, apps were not installed.

otherwise I have all the data like contact, media, msgs, but just the apps are missing.

any kind of help would be appreciated, thanks in advance

2. Harsh Barmesha
    Donut Jul 31, 2018

ankitatel81292 likes this.
  3. ankitatel81292
    Donut Jul 31, 2018

ankitatel81292 , Jul 31, 2018 :
    Hello Harsh,

Follow the following steps but, its on your own risk because, as you can see my post i do not have the apps installed back from restore process.

1) Download the OnePlus Switch app from android store, if you have already the app installed and you arent able to find it in apps, Just go to the SETTINGS then ADVANCE then you will find the option SWITCH,

2) In the app you will find the last option backup & restore, now backup your phone,

3) Once the backup is completed, you can find the backup in your phone with File Manager App,

File Manager (then) Backup (then) Mobile Backup

NOTE: COPY THE FOLDER MOBILE BACKUP (WHICH IS INSIDE THE BACKUP FOLDER BECAUSE, IN ORDER TO RESTORE AFTER, YOU WILL HAVE TO PUT BACK THE ¨MOBILE BACKUP¨ FOLDER IN ¨BACKUP¨ FOLDER

4) Copy this large file (depends how much data you have) to your computer,
    if you use windows, you do not need to install anything additional,
    if you use mac os, you can use Android File Manager,

5) Once you have the backup secure in your computer, now you can do the factory reset with your phone,

6) Once the reset process is completed, you have to put back the MOBILE BACKUP folder into the BACKUP folder,

7) Then go back to the SWITCH app and do the restore process.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018

Bouncer71 likes this.
  4. Harsh Barmesha
    Donut Aug 1, 2018

ankitatel81292 likes this.
  5. ankitatel81292
    Donut Aug 1, 2018

6. G_Manolo_Mendez_twJu
    Cupcake Jul 11, 2020

G_Manolo_Mendez_twJu , Jul 11, 2020 :
    Hi,

I've made a backup with switch, wiped my phone but unfortunaltely replacing the 14GB back up keeps getting stuck at some file that can't be copied to my phone from my mac. Finaly I made a zip file of it and copied it into opbackup and unzipped it. After a lot of fiddling I finally managed to see my back up in Switch aal but not my apps. I do see them all in file manager. How can I get them to be restored!?!? Searched all over the web for a solution. Please help.

7. Horsault
    Nougat Moderator Jul 11, 2020

Horsault , Jul 11, 2020 :
    Why don't you install them from your Playstore account? You'd have last versions automatically installed.

8. G_Manolo_Mendez_twJu
    Cupcake Jul 11, 2020

I did but all of my app data is gone. Still struggling with that. I'm kinda new with this. All was working well until the update to Android 10.

9. Horsault
    Nougat Moderator Jul 11, 2020

Horsault , Jul 11, 2020 :
    Some apps which ran under Android 9 may not run under Android 10 without a new build.
    And data that some apps store in specific way may not be backed up using standard tools.
    You'd need to be more specific.

FYI, there's no and there will never be an official Android 10 update for OP3, as you posted in OP3 section. So maybe you'd like to ask to dev team which built your Android 10 for OP3 series ROM.

10. G_Manolo_Mendez_twJu
    Cupcake Jul 11, 2020

ah sorry mate, my bad. My device is a 5t. I'm on 10 for a few weeks now and all of my most frequently used apps were working just fine. Because of GPS issues I tried to wipe and restore but now I'm really stuck and that sucks big time.
    Thnx for your time