No Bluetooth audio in BMW since update

1. acoon
    Donut Sep 3, 2017

acoon , Sep 3, 2017 :
    No luck

2. harigtt
    Cupcake Sep 4, 2017

harigtt , Sep 4, 2017 :
    As of the last update (OxygenOS 4.1.7, Android 7.1.1, Model ONEPLUS A3003, and Build ONEPLUS A2002_16_170821) the same thing is happening with a 2016 BMW X3. I have deleted BT profiles on phone and car and tried different combinations of phone only and audio only with no avail. The phone BT works, the media audio does not so no Audible or Spotify working for me... back to earphones.

Question 1: why is this only affecting BMW cars?
    Question 2: by when does OnePlus expect to fix this?

3. NoLife
    Cupcake Sep 4, 2017

NoLife , Sep 4, 2017 :
    When the phone just released i had the same problem, after a few upates it seemed to work again, but after the last update, it stopped working again.

After resetting everything without succes, i decided to update car nav ( toyota touch and go 2 wich is based on navtec hardware , had same issues as others seem to have with other cars )

Now i updated car nav/media to latest software updates , i resetted and reinstalled all software and maps. And everything is solved now.

So in my case the problem was also in the car.

Hope it helps

4. emcclem
    Cupcake Sep 4, 2017

emcclem , Sep 4, 2017 :
    I have the same problem in Merc C Class. Hasn't worked since the Nougat upgrade.

5. roel.geusens
    Cupcake Sep 9, 2017

roel.geusens , Sep 9, 2017 :
    I have the same problem. I can connect my OP3t on my 2015 BMW. Phone calls do work, contacts list is downloaded. Media is not working! I can skip tracks in the car, which are then skipped on my OP as well, but no sound. I have reset my phone already, repaired several times, reset my car, deleted bluetooth cache on my phone, but nothing seems to help. Since I use spotify in my car quite a lot, i really need this feature. Planning to buy a new phone because of this issue, and no, it won't be a One Plus again after being an early adaptor for OP2, OP3 and OP3t.

jamcon72 and G_andreas_Cato_SABX like this.
  6. G_AK_PlAe
    Froyo Sep 20, 2017

7. F_Sumant_Mitra_OEUb
    Cupcake Sep 20, 2017

F_Sumant_Mitra_OEUb , Sep 20, 2017 :
    does any body getting error message in one plus 5 which reads as ' server access failure ( 1- ,10087) check your network or try again.' This is appearing time and again even if there is network.

8. F_James_N_Roe_KITC
    Gingerbread Sep 20, 2017

9. G_AK_PlAe
    Froyo Sep 26, 2017

G_AK_PlAe , Sep 26, 2017 :
    I can confirm that the latest oxygen 4.5 update did nothing to address the widely reported Bluetooth media streaming issue.

Come on OP!

10. UmbaLumba
    Froyo Sep 28, 2017

UmbaLumba , Sep 28, 2017 :
    Still the same problem with the 4.5.0 version. This is where I feel forced to abandon OP with my next phone...

Mars5005 likes this.
  11. jmg81
    Cupcake Oct 4, 2017

jmg81 , Oct 4, 2017 :
    The Issue happens here on my Op3 4.5.0, too. After a reboot it works for some hours and then suddenly stops streaming audio.

Workaround:
    The issue is gone, when i disable the telephone bluetooth protocol.

Try playing some music and when the music doesnt stream to your car or bluetooth box, go to the bluetooth settings and click on the wrench button next to your paired device. There should be two checked boxes. Disable the telephone protocol and let the audio stream protocol enabled and voila : Music is instantly streaming again. When i enable the telephone protocol, the audio stream stops. After a restart i can use both protocols for some hours, then i have to disable it again. This issue is a show stopper!!! I want to stream music to my car and have paired for some telephone calls.:confused:

G_AK_PlAe likes this.
  12. spejsman
    Cupcake Oct 11, 2017

spejsman , Oct 11, 2017 :
    Same problem with my 520 from 2015. Worked fine when i bought the phone, didn't work after update, started working next update and after this update it's broken again. As many of you said, the handsfree works but not any sound from apps. Same thing on my TDK speaker, so it's definitly the phones software. Anyone tried to root and kick Oxygen out? So f*king tired of this crappy software!

13. remedy
    KitKat Oct 11, 2017

xMcMx and Luxemberg Nixon X like this.
  14. G_AK_PlAe
    Froyo Oct 11, 2017

G_AK_PlAe , Oct 11, 2017 :
    This didn't work for me unfortunately

I'm following 5 separate threads in this forum on the same topic and OP haven't acknowledged the issue in any of them. Either they don't read their own forums or choose not to reply.

Come on OP, you fixed this once before!

15. Luxemberg Nixon X
    Honeycomb Oct 12, 2017

remedy likes this.
  16. MyCaptainMyKing
    Gingerbread Oct 12, 2017

MyCaptainMyKing , Oct 12, 2017 :
    actually I just remembered. you might be able to fix it. remove the phone profile from the car and reconnected the phone.

17. MyCaptainMyKing
    Gingerbread Oct 12, 2017

MyCaptainMyKing , Oct 12, 2017 :
    *reconnect

18. F_Artūras_Kundelis_JtRV
    Cupcake Oct 15, 2017

F_Artūras_Kundelis_JtRV , Oct 15, 2017 :
    All the comedians posting veyron, ferrari, etc - your posts are extremely funny and endlessly useful for everyone.
    BMW thing is important though. That's how i googled this thread, and before that I couldn't figure out if it was the car or the phone. And if it was a BMW problem or car audio in general.
    This problem is incredibly annoying. I lost the BT audio connection as well. Now every time i drive i have to connect my old beat up iphone and use spotify on that thing via the OP3 hotspot. And surprise surprise, the iphone simply WORKS.

Considering how long this thread has been active, it's appaling OP doesn't do anything about this. I was never too keen to use android toyphones, and this unnecessary and completely ignored problem just proves the point.

Nosorry likes this.
  19. Preet Mehta 1203
    Gingerbread Oct 15, 2017

20. G_andreas_Cato_SABX
    Cupcake Oct 17, 2017

G_andreas_Cato_SABX , Oct 17, 2017 :
    it's 10pm I was already in my bed then I see I have an new update 4.5.1 which says general bug fixes and system improvements so I stand up go to my car and connect my OnePlus 3 to my BMW (116 from 07.2017 with the newest software patch level ) so I start Spotify and have again no sound.But I can skip the songs with the car.
    I have this problem since I updated my OP3 to 4.1.7.
    when I connect my iPhone 6s everything works fine.

meanwhile there are so many post with people who have this issue and no one have a reaction from OP...

come on guys it's so annoying.