No Bluetooth Music streaming to BMWs in 4.5.1

1. dfence Froyo Nov 3, 2017

dfence, Nov 3, 2017 :
    Phone pairs with car. Calling works. Switching songs work. No Audio for music through BMW headunit. Bug existed in January, got removed, now it's back.
    Oxygen OS 4.5.1
    BMW 1,2,3 series tested.
    Same issue on Oneplus 3T.
    Worked before.

Nosorry and rimsilva like this.
  2. G_Mindaugas_Krukauskas_n Cupcake Nov 5, 2017

G_Mindaugas_Krukauskas_n, Nov 5, 2017 :
    Hello,
    3 Days ago just bought BMW 3 Series 2016, witch have iDrive system apparently this system have function that you can stream music via Bluetooth so I connected my OnePlus 3 but i can't stream music all other functions working apart this, so I can call and receive calls I can get text messages see my contact and so on, but then I try stream music its completely silence. I tried pairing headphones,after market kenwood headunit in my old car and these devices was working no problems. So my first idea was that BMW do not support Android properly, so I done some googling and I found other people who use devices like Samsung they do not have such problems. I found my old Samsung S5 Device and try connect that to my BMW and wholia! No problems what so ever. I would be really happy if anyone of could help me or atleast point me to the right direction because I don't want change my device. Screenshot_20171105-131315.jpg

3. Intruder71 KitKat Nov 5, 2017

Intruder71, Nov 5, 2017 :
    Rule 2 search before posting (although rules only apply to a certain few people)
    This has been discussed loads of times..

4. rimsilva Cupcake Nov 11, 2017

rimsilva, Nov 11, 2017 :
    Solved my issues after updating to the last Oreo Beta (maybe it's possible to solve with previous Nougat version).

I've a OP3 and my car is a BMW i3.

After a clean installation, I've paired my phone with the car as normally, the music was not playing and the music info was not showing (artist, song, etc..).

Then I notice a message that stick on the notification asking for a peer "Peer supports advanced feature Re-pair from peer to enable it."

So in the connection BT idrive menu i've deleted the oneplus connect and selected the BMWxxxx device on OP3 to pair it again and as soon as i've pair it again everything start working fine.
    Sound was available and the music info from spotify streaming was correct.

5. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Nov 12, 2017

SoniaB, Nov 12, 2017 :
    merged with existing bug report

6. wlknsn Cupcake Nov 19, 2017

7. Nosorry Honeycomb Dec 20, 2017

Nosorry, Dec 20, 2017 :
    It doesn’t in my x5 2015 with OnePlus 5T 128gb

8. dfence Froyo Jan 3, 2018