no call waiting on T-Mobile with global version

1. nordy02 Cupcake May 31, 2019

nordy02, May 31, 2019 :
    I've got the same problem on my OP7 Pro (unlocked version on T-Mobile) as well. I noticed the issue since before the v.9.5.6 update. What's interesting is that I went to a T-Mobile store to swap out my SIM as suggested by T-Mobile tech support, the demo models of their OnePlus 7 Pro (on v.9.5.4) and 6T phones had the same exact "network or sim card error" when going to the Call Forwarding or Call Waiting settings. I doubt the issue is with T-Mobile either because when I plug in my work phone's SIM (AT&T), the same error still persists.

2. barnabyj Gingerbread May 31, 2019

barnabyj, May 31, 2019 :
    hmm.. interesting.. I know I had no problem on my T-Mobile 6t, but my sim card was years old. it would take like 15 seconds of reading the card, but it did work..

guess there is no need to get a T-Mobile version of the phone if it has the same issue..

3. barnabyj Gingerbread May 31, 2019

barnabyj, May 31, 2019 :
    can anyone who bought the 7 pro from T-Mobile check to see if this works? be curious to see if it's working at all from the sanctioned phone..

4. rlshky Eclair Jun 1, 2019

rlshky, Jun 1, 2019 :
    looks like our conversation jinxed it... in the last 24 hours I now have the same issues and the items from your first post don't work anymore

5. DaEnigma Cupcake Jun 1, 2019

DaEnigma, Jun 1, 2019 :
    I have the global US version and I'm getting the same sim errors... my sim came out of a TMobile 6T.

6. Startech17 Cupcake Jun 2, 2019

Startech17, Jun 2, 2019 :
    My wife's 7 pro (directly from tmobile) is also getting an error when trying to enable call waiting. Could be a software issue? How can we bring this to oneplus's attention?

7. barnabyj Gingerbread Jun 2, 2019

barnabyj, Jun 2, 2019 :
    well least we know it's even the ones from T-Mobile. might be able to leverage that for a fix

8. dadoc04 Honeycomb Jun 2, 2019

9. dadoc04 Honeycomb Jun 2, 2019

dadoc04, Jun 2, 2019 :
    My unlocked 7pro is working as normal on tmo... My sim is from years ago...i think nexus 6p or pixel1 days... Maybe even before that

10. tetsuo1124 Cupcake Jun 3, 2019

tetsuo1124, Jun 3, 2019 :
    My T-Mobile model has broken call waiting as well. Doesn't seem to matter where the phone comes from. I imagine a firmware update could fix this.

11. barnabyj Gingerbread Jun 3, 2019

barnabyj, Jun 3, 2019 :
    I'm really thinking old sims work and the newer ones don't. the years old sim I had in my 6t didn't have the problem. wish I kept it..

12. bp328i Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 3, 2019

bp328i, Jun 3, 2019 :
    I have the T-Mobile version that I converted to international software and I had the issue on T-Mobile software and on international 9.5.6.

I have tested and still receive a notification I have another call coming in while on a call so while something is not right it still works.

In addition, I'm using the sim that came out of my 6t.

13. barnabyj Gingerbread Jun 3, 2019

barnabyj, Jun 3, 2019 :
    I tried using the dialer codes to turn it on, and it gave me an invalid MMI code error. so while the phone seems unable to connect and turn this on with T-Mobile, maybe it's still active since it's pretty much a default on every plan..

14. nordy02 Cupcake Jun 3, 2019

nordy02, Jun 3, 2019 :
    T-Mobile assures us that both call waiting and call forwarding (to voicemail) is working on the network side. So far that seems to be the case except that we somehow can't check or change either setting through the Call Settings menu or through MMI codes. I still have a pending L3 case open with T-mobile but hope to hear back from them soon.

15. barnabyj Gingerbread Jun 3, 2019

barnabyj, Jun 3, 2019 :
    I am waiting on an engineer to call me back myself. last person I talked to said my phone wasn't compatible with the T-Mobile network. to which I was like, um.. it's the same phone as the one you sell.. supposedly it was only connecting on 2g, and I was like no.. it's definitely getting 4g.. hopefully the engineer call will be a little more productive.

16. rlshky Eclair Jun 4, 2019

rlshky, Jun 4, 2019 :
    Yeah my guess is it's a T-Mobile network issue, like their network isn't properly recognizing the device since it's new or like their database needs to be updated.

For instance if I type my IMEI number into the compatibility page of their website it shows the phone just by it's model number, GM1917. If I type in the number for my OnePlus 5 into the site it identifies it as a OnePlus 5.

17. barnabyj Gingerbread Jun 4, 2019

barnabyj, Jun 4, 2019 :
    yeah, my phone shows up as an unknown device on my account page. which I get, since it's not the version they technically put out, but it's the same phone.. but considering even T-Mobile versions have the same issue, something else is going on

18. barnabyj Gingerbread Jun 11, 2019

barnabyj, Jun 11, 2019 :
    ok, interesting development. the phone managed to get into the additional and call forwarding settings while my phone couldn't connect to WiFi calling. I rebooted the phone, it connected to WiFi calling, then I couldn't. I tried turning off WiFi to make sure it was on LTE, and now it couldn't.. so, something was working for a moment..

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019

19. bp328i Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 11, 2019

bp328i, Jun 11, 2019 :
    I had something similar but mine was able to get into additional settings (where call forwarding is located) once when I was on Wi-Fi calling. When I say once I mean it, I can't reproduce no matter what I try.

20. barnabyj Gingerbread Jun 11, 2019

barnabyj, Jun 11, 2019 :
    so, it seems the phone is capable at least, but something changes where it can't.. I don't know if the phone is the variable, or the network...