No difference in Pixel and OnePlus 3 now

1. ashwin.243
    Honeycomb Mar 19, 2017

ashwin.243 , Mar 19, 2017 :
    After rolling out Oxygen OS 7.1.1 Google play services was toggled to install Day Dream VR support and Unlimited Cloud Storage for photos. Earlier this month, Google also started rolling out Google Assistant for all Marshmallow and Nougat devices running on English US.
    Pixel launcher and icon pack can be ported using Nova Launcher
    1489902257972.jpg

So now, there are no software feature differences between the OnePlus 3 and Google Pixel. Every OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T user can enjoy all the software features of Pixel which made it unique.

Thank You
    Never Settle

Rajeent60000 and REAL_YOWESOME like this.
  2. Yashgupta741
    Honeycomb Mar 19, 2017

Yashgupta741 , Mar 19, 2017 :
    lol! Where's daydream? And pixels camera is amazing! And all phones have unlimited storage if you dint know! In pixel you can upload in full quality where as here in high quality only....

3. Tobikage
    Nougat Mar 19, 2017

Tobikage , Mar 19, 2017 :
    104b679f9ac62a5809968628e593b7ee.jpg

4. Bryan91u
    Gingerbread Mar 19, 2017

Bryan91u , Mar 19, 2017 :
    After the latest update, you get Google DayDream VR. It is there for my OnePlus 3. I have not tried it yet as i dont hv the remote for it. But there is a thread about it and some has tested it. It does work.

5. humanzqzr
    Honeycomb Mar 19, 2017

humanzqzr , Mar 19, 2017 :
    for the price you are paying for pixel you are ought to get unlimited storage and good camera. Daydream is enabled in beta version.

6. addy_parekh
    Froyo Mar 19, 2017

addy_parekh , Mar 19, 2017 :
    see the option for free storage.
    the photos u clicked will be only be uploaded in quality which will be good in viewing. if your photo was clicked in 2k they will resize in the reso into 720 which is good for viewing. if u download that photo for editing ull wont get sharpness that u get in 2k photo.

second option is good for this. but they will use your original storage for storing photos

7. Deactivated User
    Mar 19, 2017

8. Jaiminbm
    Honeycomb Mar 19, 2017

Jaiminbm , Mar 19, 2017 :
    Do they got daydream compatibility on stable 7.1.1 upgrade. I can see VR services already installed but can not find daydream in playstore. So can anyone help me with it.

9. Sun90
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Mar 19, 2017

Sun90 , Mar 19, 2017 :
    Official release doesn't support it for now.
    U can try the latest beta 12 version.

Jaiminbm likes this.
  10. katheria09
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 19, 2017

katheria09 , Mar 19, 2017 :
    For now in beta only

11. Jaiminbm
    Honeycomb Mar 19, 2017

Thank you @Sun90 for enlightening me. I don't want to root my phone as I am not that geek and am afraid I don't end up messing with my lovely 3T. I can wait for it to have it enabled in coming stable upgrade. @TonyL will surely keep one plus user delighted with this feature soon I know.

12. Jaiminbm
    Honeycomb Mar 19, 2017

Giving a second thought, can you direct me to the thread which explains how to get latest beta.

13. rahulmm
    Honeycomb Mar 19, 2017

rahulmm , Mar 19, 2017 :
    @ashwin.243

Ignorance is bliss eh? Whatever makes the Pixel unique, continues to make it unique. I love my 3T more than I love the Pixel. But there's no comparison. The Pixels are better phones. Even the software shit, only Pixel offers unlimited photo storage at original quality, unlimited at high quality which you refer to is available to everyone, even on iPhones. The ignorance is laughable [e]1f601[/e]

Camera comparisons process and compare carefully taken images and while the 3 and 3T can out do the Pixel in some situations, both 3 and 3T cameras are shit compared to the usability-to-end-result index of the Pixel's cameras.

And high quality on Google Photos isn't screen viewing as someone else's ignorance seems to blissfully accept. It's a little bit of compression, that's all. A 16 MP image will be 16 MP. Anything above that is downscaled to 16 MP. A 1080p video will be 1080p. Anything above that will be downscaled to 1080p. You can barely tell them apart from the original. For 90% of the people that's more than enough quality.

immadeofpixels likes this.
  14. GDurgadas
    Gingerbread Mar 19, 2017

GDurgadas , Mar 19, 2017 :
    Unlimited free storage has always been there for every phone, but Pixel has it uploaded in original quality, while for other phones it's high quality, which is basically just viewable quality and nothing special

15. Sun90
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Mar 19, 2017

16. ashwin.243
    Honeycomb Mar 19, 2017

You get Daydream VR update through play store. I got it and everyone else got it. Please refer to the screenshot I attached in the thread. It is a screenshot of Google Photos in my OnePlus 3 which says that it is allowing me to backup unlimited photos at high quality on Google photos.

Do check the full thread before commenting. And to your incomplete knowledge, I should say LOL to you. Everyone should laugh at you for commenting on threads without having knowledge

17. ashwin.243
    Honeycomb Mar 19, 2017

To all the people commenting about camera and design

Folks, I do understand that Pixel has much better camera and a design which is liked by many people. In my thread description I mentioned that there are NO SOFTWARE DIFFERENCES I never mentioned that there are no hardware differences. Pixel camera is much better than 3 and 3T and I also agree to that so if you anyone else wants to raise a comment on camera and design then better read my thread again

18. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Mar 19, 2017

Dunnow , Mar 19, 2017 :
    except that the pixel focuses properly. That's kinda of important.

bak1950 and JoshuvaAntony like this.
  19. DracoSura
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 19, 2017

DracoSura , Mar 19, 2017 :
    The backup option of free unlimited in high quality is actually FHD which is available to all devices which installs google photos. Try clicking on the option and you'll see original quality with limited storage which depends on your Google cloud storage available. On pixel this original quality is free unlimited. Do some research before posting.

Coming to daydream vr, if you're running stable OOS then via play store you'll get the update to vr services. But actual daydream vr app is still incompatible with our devices. But in beta oos I think it's available but it requires some tinkering I believe.

20. ashwin.243
    Honeycomb Mar 19, 2017

Yeah bro I know that part and I truly agree that Pixel has a lot better camera but many people don't read the thread fully and start comparing the cameras. I never mentioned that OnePlus 3/T are both equal. I just said that all the software USPs of Pixel are now available to OnePlus 3 and hence there is NO SOFTWARE DIFFERENCE.

But I truly disagree to the part that Pixel phones are better than OnePlus 3T. Taking the camera out, a general user would care about the processing speed, multi tasking and battery life. A apps processing and multitasking speedtest by phonebuff clearly states that the OnePlus 3T is currently the fastest Android phone available. It has been able to beat all the phones except the iPhone 7 Plus. Else it would have been called the fastest phone. You can check out the video here