No dual sim for Oneplus 9/9pro in North America

1. Jimhock3
    Eclair Mar 23, 2021

Jimhock3 , Mar 23, 2021 :
    It looks like the US variant of the Oneplus 9 only has a single sim card, the UK version has dual sim card, but it doesn't appear to have CDMA bands required to work on verizon. Or am I missing something?

2. deangilvin
    Jelly Bean Mar 23, 2021

deangilvin , Mar 23, 2021 :
    Nope the specs say for the OP9, single sim only... If you read the specs the OP9 Pro has dual sim.... So if you want to pay $1100 you can have dual sim.. LOL... These prices are insane and they're giving us less on the lower model. T Mobile said both the 9 and the 9 Pro are going to be single sim with them. WTF

3. Jimhock3
    Eclair Mar 23, 2021

Jimhock3 , Mar 23, 2021 :
    Dual sim is THE reason I bought my first Oneplus.

It's a shame it's now only on their most expensive phone.

Any guesses as to whether the 9t, assuming it comes along in a few months, might have a dual sim?

And other than the waterproof certification offered by Tmobile, are there any differences at all in the phone purchased directly from Oneplus vs. Tmobile in the US?

I still have my 7T and like it, and doubt I'll shell out $1k for a new 9pro.

4. Jimhock3
    Eclair Mar 24, 2021

5. ctonylee
    Gingerbread Mar 24, 2021

6. NumaelMartinez
    Donut Mar 24, 2021

7. Nanagdad
    Froyo Mar 24, 2021

Nanagdad , Mar 24, 2021 :
    This is all marketing strategy to sell more expensive pro units but less oneplus enthusiasts will buy a $1000 phone. By removing features compromised oneplus 9 with plastic frame single sim card overpriced garbage they're shooting themselves in the foot no one in this community will buy & those who buy $1k phones like grandpa already have loyal OEMs brands which remove chargers in their retail boxes. Good luck OnePlus you might end up like L G or H T C

8. deangilvin
    Jelly Bean Mar 24, 2021

deangilvin , Mar 24, 2021 :
    No idea, but I don't think it will be that great when it does come out... Look at the garbage they gave the U.S. with their "Nord" versions. I would expect it will come with a plastic back and half the things taken out.

bigdogza likes this.
  9. Ali18
    Gingerbread Mar 24, 2021

Ali18 , via OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition , Mar 24, 2021 :
    I really hope the pro has an 'active' dial sim. I passed on the 8 pro after the reports that the second sim is not active for US models. Looking at reviews of the 9 pro I see the SIM card has a blank side. Not sure if that's just for the review units but I hope the production units have actual dual SIM capability.

10. Jimhock3
    Eclair Mar 24, 2021

Jimhock3 , Mar 24, 2021 :
    They updated the specs on the us 9pro, and now show only a single sim, so it appears as though dual sim is dead on us oneplus, which is a deal breaker for me and I'm guessing many others.

D15270013 and T1616720721296 like this.
  11. ShogunPlus
    Cupcake Mar 24, 2021

ShogunPlus , Mar 24, 2021 :
    OnePlus 9 Pro is also single SIM, specs. updated in oneplus.com today. Called customer service and cancelled my pre-order.
    Specs. which was published in oneplus.com yesterday(3/23) clearly stated dual nano SIM, I have a printout of the page.

kKoI1233 likes this.
  12. ShogunPlus
    Cupcake Mar 24, 2021

ShogunPlus , Mar 24, 2021 :
    When I checked the Specs. before pre-ordering on 3/23/21(US) oneplus.com page clearly stated under ports that it is Dual nano-SIM slot. Took a copy of the page just in case. After reading some forums online which stated otherwise checked the specs today(3/24/21) and the page is updated to Single nano-SIM slot.

Called customer service to verify, the agent initially said it is Dual SIM but when I directed to check the website I was put on hold as the agent was going to check some internal documents. When returned the agent confirmed it is single SIM.

Sorry Oneplus had to cancel my pre-order, have had Oneplus since the launch of 3 and I did not expect this confusion on your flag ship phone just released

Attached Files:

13. A1570654904390
    Cupcake Mar 24, 2021

14. G_Ralph_Decker_ufql
    Donut Mar 24, 2021

G_Ralph_Decker_ufql , Mar 24, 2021 :
    Yep - I agree. I cancelled my order when I saw this. I have a 7Pro now with a Verizon SIM for work and T-Mobile for personal. Guess I'll hold on to the 7 Pro for a bit more. The 8 Pro is dual SIM but not enough of an upgrade to warrant cost.

D15270013 and DeRussellMasina like this.
  15. samxon
    Cupcake Mar 24, 2021

samxon , Mar 24, 2021 :
    Does anyone from Oneplus have any comment on this technical error? I have a 7 Pro now with dual sim. I paid for a phone that was advertised as dual nano sim (9 Pro) and the next day they update the site and remove dual and change it to single. How can this be acceptable and not a bad business practice? I have never seen an error like this before from Oneplus very disappointing.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021

D15270013 and wildwires like this.
  16. deangilvin
    Jelly Bean Mar 25, 2021

deangilvin , Mar 25, 2021 :
    So glad I didn't order one now that it was "corrected". This is utter nonsense.. No dual sim in the NA market.. It's clear OP doesn't like being in the NA market like their sister companies. They constantly screw us over on the devices here.

shirokuro73 likes this.
  17. tanstaafl4
    Froyo Mar 25, 2021

tanstaafl4 , Mar 25, 2021 :
    I won't be upgrading from my 8 Pro to a single sim phone. Are there enough of us that feel the same way to make a difference? Maybe not, but Oneplus is losing MY business by this decision.

18. JE2112
    Donut Mar 25, 2021

JE2112 , Mar 25, 2021 :
    This is a total deal-breaker for me. Dual SIM is a necessity in my case. I was really looking forward to pre-ordering it but I guess that I will have to stick with my 7 Pro and then move on to a different brand.

wildwires, cjscotch and stanoche like this.
  19. shirokuro73
    Froyo Mar 25, 2021

shirokuro73 , Mar 25, 2021 :
    Yeah this is a complete dealbreaker for me. I was debating about getting a 9 Pro, but now that they have corrected the specs page to reflect single-SIM only, I'm out. I understand single-SIM on carrier variants, US carriers are like that. But there's zero excuse except laziness and cheapness to remove this IMO defining feature on the unlocked models, especially when the ROW models keep it. Maybe I'll get an 8T. Maybe I'll get a 9 if COVID lets me visit my family in the UK later this year. Or maybe I'm done with OnePlus. This was the main selling point for me. I've rarely been so utterly let down by a brand. The only thing to do is to vote with my wallet, they won't listen to anything else.

wildwires likes this.
  20. skhaan
    Honeycomb Mar 25, 2021

skhaan , Mar 25, 2021 :
    Literally logged back onto this website after years because I was so curious and fascinated by the new 9 Pro and was about to order but as I was going through the specs I saw "single nano SIM"????? Super disappointing! I had the OPO in 2014 and retired my OP3 two years ago for the Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 after feeling disappointed by OnePlus. Looks like I shall be looking forward to Xiaomi's new MIX phone instead then... OP has failed me again!

Pbouchard207 and shirokuro73 like this.