No Incoming SMS or MMS on Verizon

1. crarbo1 Eclair Nov 7, 2018

crarbo1, Nov 7, 2018 :
    I did save it and when I put the sim back in, it wasn't there. Thanks for the reply.

2. n8th8n Cupcake Nov 7, 2018

n8th8n, Nov 7, 2018 :
    Strange. Because I did experience the same thing, hit save and it went back to the list of APNs, with nothing new added, but then I removed the Cricket sim and added the Total sim, and the one I had created was there as an option. I will post my APN settings when I can get back to my 6t. Stuck on this S8+ because of the incoming text problem..

Maybe try it with both sims in the phone..?

3. goodymon22 Donut Nov 7, 2018

goodymon22, Nov 7, 2018 :
    GOOD NEW EVERYONE,

Before leaving for the Verizon store today I checked MyVerizon account and it was already reporting my phone as the "ONEPLUS 6T 8/256GB" instead of "UNRECOGNIZED DEVICE" like it was before contacting tech support and having them add my IMEI number to their database BUT I was still not receiving texts or voice mails quite yet. (I am not sure if this was because CDMA-Less still needed to be manually enabled by Verizon or if my 3.5 year old Verizon 4G SIM card was the issue.

When I arrived at the Verizon store the clerk noted that my account already showed CDMA-Less (but I am not sure if they meant the option was only now available and he just now turned it on OR it was already turned on before I can there and was not enough alone to start receiving texts and voice mails?) They still recommend replacing the SIM card anyways noting that the newer SIM cards work better and have newer features/support and simply tossed one into the phone and after a quick restart texts and voice mail started coming in. HURRAH, it is all working now.

It is worth noting that before all of this my OnePlus 6T was already showing VoLTE and handling HD Voice calls already and was only not receiving texts and voice mails is all.

In the end I needed my IMEI number manually added to their database which went through over night and needed a newer SIM card and I am now working 100%

THANKS EVERYONE!!

BBKoenigsegg and dunca123 like this.
  4. S1541085624500 Cupcake Nov 7, 2018

S1541085624500, Nov 7, 2018 :
    Just did this and it worked.

BBKoenigsegg likes this.
  5. Android450 Lollipop Nov 7, 2018

6. kmwhiten Cupcake Nov 7, 2018

kmwhiten, Nov 7, 2018 :
    All, if you have a family prepaid account, you might need to break the family plan up then do the CDMA-less to the device and then rejoin the family plan. That is how mine was fixed.

7. MGomes78 Honeycomb Nov 7, 2018

MGomes78, Nov 7, 2018 :
    Since I have been following this thread closely, I thought I would share my experience today since I just activated my new phone.

Before turning my OP6T on, I checked the IMEI number from the OP box against the My Verizon website and it registered. Strange as it registered as a 256gb when it is only 128gb, but whatever. I was glad to see it registered. I went through the steps to activate the SIM per the My Verizon instructions. I switched the SIM card, (using the same slot # as the registered IMEI on the box), updated the OP6T, and everything seems to be working fine, even text messages. I have a VoLTE symbol next to my wifi symbol. I was using the stock messaging app to test, but I will update with my preferred messaging app (Textra) and see if I am having any issues.

Just wanted to let you all know that I did NOT need to do the "cdma-less" support call. Maybe it's a sign they are addressing the issue.

8. JDM 2010 Cupcake Nov 7, 2018

JDM 2010, Nov 7, 2018 :

9. JDM 2010 Cupcake Nov 7, 2018

JDM 2010, Nov 7, 2018 :
    Could you please tell me how to private message you? I need help with the 6t and VZN SMS. I see no option to PM you

10. mpower4life Cupcake Nov 7, 2018

mpower4life, Nov 7, 2018 :
    so what I did was I had a brand new sim laying around which was for Android devices. I called customer service and simply said I purchased a new device and want to activate it to my line. you'll need another device near by so the rep can all you back. everything works now. and the cdma less feature added it self to my line which was weird. but if you do have Verizon's multi device insurance it will knock it off. the rep said she thinks because the oneplus isn't sold by Verizon. so try that guys. just call and tell them you want to transfer your number to a new devide. all you need is the imei and a new Android sim.

11. JDM 2010 Cupcake Nov 7, 2018

JDM 2010, Nov 7, 2018 :
    What SIM slot did you have to use? Curious

12. MGomes78 Honeycomb Nov 7, 2018

MGomes78, Nov 7, 2018 :
    Number 1. It was the first one listed on the 6T box so I tried that first and it was registered in Verizon.

13. BBKoenigsegg Cupcake Nov 7, 2018

BBKoenigsegg, Nov 7, 2018 :
    Click the username and then click "Start a conversation".

14. MGomes78 Honeycomb Nov 7, 2018

MGomes78, Nov 7, 2018 :
    I would take out your SIM and turn off your phone. Go to the My Verizon website and log in. Click My Devices and I think then Activate or Switch Device. Go there and follow steps. Input the first IMEI number and see if your device shows up. If so, finish the steps to activate SIM. Then pop the SIM back in, turn on your phone.

15. JDM 2010 Cupcake Nov 7, 2018

JDM 2010, Nov 7, 2018 :
    I can't log into My Verizon. It's a corporate account and I no acsess to it. Thanks anyway for your response.

16. JDM 2010 Cupcake Nov 7, 2018

JDM 2010, Nov 7, 2018 :
    Thanks much

BBKoenigsegg likes this.
  17. JDM 2010 Cupcake Nov 7, 2018

JDM 2010, Nov 7, 2018 :
    I'm on mobile, and when I click on her user name and see her profile page there is no "start a conversation" option. I want to send her my IEMI. Don't see a way to do it.??

18. Shine L. OxygenOS Operations Staff Member OnePlus Bug Hunter Nov 7, 2018

Shine L., Nov 7, 2018 :
    I have sent a private message for you, JDM 2010.

19. jigs22063 Eclair Nov 7, 2018

jigs22063, Nov 7, 2018 :
    I called Verizon tech support. First tier 2 tech support rep told me that there is no such feature called " cdma less " and further more, imei number is showing as device not supported by Verizon .

Then I called back, second tier 2 tech rep told me that he was able to add that feature before. However, he doesn't have ability to add that any more and I would have to speak with activations department. Activations couldn't add that feature.

I called back to third time to tech support and then he told me that my sim card is old so I need a new sim then they can try to add that feature.

Then I went to a verizon store and the store rep told me that since I have a non verizon device now ( used to have pixel 2 before from vzw) , they are unable to change my sim. System won't let him .

I then call back fourth time to tech support and ask if they can ship me new sim card which they did. I luckily had an unused sim with me. So I ask him to add the feature after changing sim card , at which point , he told me that after changing sim , feature did not appear in his system and he would have to file a help desk ticket . He end up filing a ticket which would take about 3 days for them to work on it.

I will wait for 3 more days .And after that if the feature won't get added then I m thinking about returning the device . Verizon is making very hard for customers to use non Verizon devices on their Network . In store and over the phone customer care reps are not helpful.

20. colsin chen Cupcake Nov 7, 2018

colsin chen, Nov 7, 2018 :
    Shine L. said:
    Hi All,

According to VZW's information . Users need to reactivate on www.verizonwireless.com . more detail as below:

Scenario: If a user takes an ALREADY ACTIVE VERIZON SIM from his/her Phone and inserts it in the brand new OnePlus 6T then to ensure CDMA-Less feature is activated in their account please have user follow this instruction:

For current VZ active customers:
    To activate/use an existing number on a new BYOD device, please ensure to log in to your account on www.verizonwireless.com> My Verizon > My Device > Activate or Switch Device and follow the instructions.

If not working, please PM me about your device version (global version or TMO version) and device IMEI.

Thank you so much!

Best,Shine