No Incoming SMS or MMS on Verizon

1. nasmith23 Cupcake Nov 7, 2018

nasmith23, Nov 7, 2018 :
    Hi folks, I am experiencing the same issue with TracFone Verizon Sim. Everything works a charm but not receiving texts. Any idea how to solve the issue without having access to Verizon support whatsoever?

2. crarbo1 Eclair Nov 7, 2018

crarbo1, Nov 7, 2018 :
    Thanks for the reply but what I am seeing is slightly different. When I put the other sim in, I could create and save the APN. I could see it in the list after I saved it. I then just removed that sim and put the sim in that wouldn't let me add or edit the APN and the one I created wasn't in the list to choose. Not sure why it won't work for me.

3. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Nov 7, 2018

SoniaB, Nov 7, 2018 :
    Have you tried as per Shine L's post:

4. nasmith23 Cupcake Nov 7, 2018

nasmith23, Nov 7, 2018 :
    I am unable to try most of the suggestions on this post as I am not a Verizon Wireless customer. I transferred my phone number to a brand new Tracfone Verizon Wireless sim. It is showing VOLTE and I am receiving data, calls and can send texts. I am not receiving any texts is the only issue, which seems in line with the issue others are experiencing. I do not have access to Verizon Support to have them turn on the CDMA-less function and Tracfone is useless in understanding what I am asking for. Anyone think this issue has any possibility of being resolved? My service with AT&t in comparison to Verizon is ridiculous.

5. ambs44 Cupcake Nov 7, 2018

ambs44, Nov 7, 2018 :
    Hi all! So I realized I have the same issue as everyone else on here and I was relieved to not be alone. I just called verizon first thing in the morning and I was able to solve this issue with the half hour so I would like to share my experience.

First of all, i'm an existing verizon customer and i tried going to my verizon account to my device tab and it says it registered my device. so i tried that. Second, general tech support sucks - live chat support were clueless and I even talked to 3 different people to make sure because I was told that it depends who you speak to. Third, I tried the tech coach number that was listed on the forum (forgot what it was) and they directed me to verizon because they only deal with physical damage, not tech - weird. it was after business hours so i had to wait till the following morning to call verizon again. so i did: and i was able to talk to a regular tech guy.
    Now here is where you need to get specific: i told them "i just received the one plus 6t and i cannot get any receiving sms messaging and i was informed that you need to add CDMA-less roaming to my account." the guy said that it is something that he can't do himself so he has to direct me to a tech coach - alright fine.
    i got my super patient tech coach and I told him exactly what i said before. now, he didn't jump the gun and do what i say. he actually made sure we followed the correct steps and protocol to make sure that nothing else worked which i appreciated. so we confirmed: 1. phone is registered to verizon account 2. phone matches to sim slot and sim card (i think it matters if your sim is in slot 1 or 2) 3. the IMEI number matches with what the phone is registered in your verizon account to your sim slot and 4. system is up to date.
    so everything checks out and now he starting researching about the "CDMA less provision" (which is what it is called on his end). now he didn't know what this was so he had to educate himself for a second before activating it because he didn't want to make the situation worse which i appreciate. and he didn't know what oneplus 6t was because it is so new that there is no protocol for troubleshooting this kind of phone. so eventually he activated at some point because then all my texts came flooding through. and it works now!
    very helpful guy and he will try to escalate the situation and inform the company of this problem so everyone will know about this because he would have never known about the CDMA feature if i hadn't told him about it in the beginning. he also suggested i download 'tech coach' from google play store if i had any problems in the future and i could directly have access to support within a minute.

I hope this is helpful to someone! it really depends on who youre talking to and if they're helpful or not. but i'm glad it worked and i didn't have to go to the verizon store or get a new card or worse - return the phone like some people are doing. this is a beautiful device and i wanted to fight for it.
    I am new to the oneplus 6t community and I love how helpful all of you are to share new and future knowledge. Thank you so so much oneplus 6t fam <3

and message to one plus company: please get this worked out with verizon. it really is an unnecessary setback. sms messaging should be standard. and if you say that you are compatible or certified with verizon please make sure everything works at least! we shouldn't have to figure this out or tell professional verizon tech members how to do their job.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018

konnermoshier likes this.
  6. E1541080909994 Cupcake Nov 7, 2018

7. villebeats Eclair Nov 7, 2018

villebeats, Nov 7, 2018 :
    Ok today I called verizon and it was really easy. Told them I wasn't receiving any messages but everything else worked. What was done they deleted the text messaging from my account then added it back and that was it everything working perfect. Make sure they don't forget to unblock the messaging when they add it back.

8. Justchilliando Cupcake Nov 7, 2018

Justchilliando, Nov 7, 2018 :
    it's an easy fix I'm a store manager for Verizon , call care tell them to apply a cdma less feature problem solved afterwards

9. koberlin0427 Cupcake Nov 7, 2018

koberlin0427, Nov 7, 2018 :
    I am a Verizon Prepaid customer. After 2+ hours yesterday I am at ground zero. Prepaid cdma_less provisioning is different than post paid. The main problem we ran into is that the sim was not showing as compatible with the phone itself so the provisioning was not even an option to add. She did say there is a company product alert out talking about the issue and that tech is working on a solution. Anyone on prepaid find a solution?

10. Justchilliando Cupcake Nov 7, 2018

Justchilliando, Nov 7, 2018 :
    I'm not sure about prepaid , are u using a Verizon NFC nano SIM? ,also my problem was fixed dued to I already have an account not sure about a new account my store barely does prepaid here in Florida it's a99% post paid I might do 1 or 2 prepaid a month sometimes

11. wotaoyin Donut Nov 7, 2018

wotaoyin, Nov 7, 2018 :
    I am in exactly the same situation. I did 4 online chats. One of the tech rep did a deep research. Both my IMEI and SIM are in their system, and they show incompatible. He found that just having both HD Voice and CDMA_less on my prepaid account (after he applied the dummy IMEI trick) does not solve the problem. None the tricks for postpaid customers has worked for me. I am waiting for a system level solution from Verizon. If there is no solution, I will have to return my phone.

RayWilliams and koberlin0427 like this.
  12. jeremiahjacobs1 Cupcake Nov 7, 2018

jeremiahjacobs1, Nov 7, 2018 :
    From my prepaid chat:
    I'm doing some research in regards of this topic and we have received many reports about the Oneplust 6T not compatible with our text message service platform. It looks like the phone is compatible with all other services just fine, just that it won't receive text messages. I'm sorry for this situation, I do know text messages are important.

In this case what I can recommend you is to set up your previous phone back in the account, which worked perfectly with all Verizon services, until Oneplus comes with a resolution for this matter. Probably it will just be a matter of a software update to correct this and make the phone fully compatible with our network.

sooo...might be sticking with the Pixel 2XL after all...ugh

13. jeremiahjacobs1 Cupcake Nov 7, 2018

jeremiahjacobs1, Nov 7, 2018 :
    Last update from prepaid chat:
    The issues is already being worked out by both parties. There is a trouble ticket cerated for this case, I'm sure it will be fixed very soon. Here is the ticket number in case you would like to follow up: NRB000009613621

wotaoyin likes this.
  14. wotaoyin Donut Nov 7, 2018

wotaoyin, Nov 7, 2018 :
    To oneplus bug hunter:

Thank you for sending me a message. Your solution, unfortunately, does not work for prepaid customers (at least me) yet. In your message, the option "My Verizon > My Device > Activate or Switch Device" does not exist for prepaid customers. As a prepaid customer in the US, I have "My Verizon > My Device > Change Device", but the oneplus IMEI of either slot will not be accepted. Submitting either IMEI returns the error "No ClassOfServices found for the given input."

knfr likes this.
  15. villebeats Eclair Nov 7, 2018

villebeats, Nov 7, 2018 :
    tell them to disconnect the messaging service from your plan then add it back that simple.

16. wotaoyin Donut Nov 7, 2018

wotaoyin, Nov 7, 2018 :
    Thanks. This is indeed something they haven't tried yet. I will try later today (have to leave my desk in 20 minutes or so, probably not enough for a try.)

villebeats likes this.
  17. koberlin0427 Cupcake Nov 7, 2018

koberlin0427, Nov 7, 2018 :
    Let me know if this works. I've been patiently waiting for my ticket to be answered by verizon support.

18. Jkeegan12 Cupcake Nov 8, 2018

Jkeegan12, Nov 8, 2018 :
    using a third part on Verizon towers (straight talk). I can receive and send calls and send texts. no wireless data and no out going SMS or mms. anybody in the same situation with third party mvno?

19. n8th8n Cupcake Nov 8, 2018

n8th8n, Nov 8, 2018 :
    I have everything but incoming text working on Total Wireless. You need to create a Straight Talk APN in the settings for the data to work, assuming it didn't just appear as an option for you?

20. Jkeegan12 Cupcake Nov 8, 2018