No Incoming SMS or MMS on Verizon

1. n8th8n Cupcake Nov 8, 2018 at 4:11 AM

n8th8n, Nov 8, 2018 at 4:11 AM :
    You need to put a different SIM in the phone that will allow you to add an APN then create this..

Name: Verizon Wireless

APN: TRACFONE.VZWENTP

Proxy: Not set

Port: Not set

Username: Not set

Password: Not set

Server: Not set

MMSC: http : //mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms < remove spaces after http

Multimedia message proxy: Not set

Multimedia message port: Not set

MCC: 311

MNC: 480

Authentication type: Not set

APN type: default,mms,supl

APN protocol: IPv4/IPv6

Turn APN on/off: APN turned on

Bearer: Unspecified

Mobile virtual network operator type: None

Mobile virtual network operator value: Not Set

When you hit Save, it will seem to disappear, but should be there as an option once you put the ST sim back in.

2. D1541258835771 Cupcake Nov 8, 2018 at 4:34 AM

D1541258835771, Nov 8, 2018 at 4:34 AM :

This WILL fix the mobile data issue BUT I still can't receive texts. Anybody using a T-Mobile SIM on NET10 having any issues?

3. n8th8n Cupcake Nov 8, 2018 at 4:43 AM

n8th8n, Nov 8, 2018 at 4:43 AM :
    The text issue is strictly going to be a Verizon network problem. You'll be fine on GSM MVNOs. It's only been a few days, so I'm not giving up yet, but I do have a Mint/Tmobile sim on the way.

4. A1541373622202 Cupcake Nov 8, 2018 at 5:10 AM

5. Tinytsax Cupcake Nov 8, 2018 at 8:27 AM

Tinytsax, Nov 8, 2018 at 8:27 AM :
    I received my OP 6T this morning. Popped my SIM from old phone and was immediately able to call, text, mms, and data outgoing. I was not able to get incoming text and mms. I called VZW business care since I am a business customer. Got ahold of a rep immediately and told her to add CDMA_Less feature. She said no problem and was added within 2 minutes and everything is working as it should. I have been using the phone all day and everything works as it should. I would suggest keep calling until you get a rep who knows what CDMA_Less feature is. Just my .02

6. cenon415 Cupcake Nov 8, 2018 at 10:43 AM

Lloydbm4 likes this.
  7. PahLume Cupcake Nov 8, 2018 at 2:05 PM

PahLume, Nov 8, 2018 at 2:05 PM :
    called Verizon tech support. 18009220204
    told them about the CDMA LESS feature and done within 5 minutes.

very easy fix for In coming text.

Lloydbm4 likes this.
  8. A1541373622202 Cupcake Nov 8, 2018 at 3:14 PM

A1541373622202, Nov 8, 2018 at 3:14 PM :
    I had told the rep at Verizon to change it to cdma less, and he must have ignored me. I was there for an hour with no results. I called Verizon and when the rep changed it to cdma less, I got my texts immediately.

9. P1541081461166 Cupcake Nov 8, 2018 at 3:44 PM

P1541081461166, Nov 8, 2018 at 3:44 PM :
    I received my phone yesterday, activated it and everything worked great except Sms. Called Verizon, explained to rep what I needed ( either remove and re add text messaging capabilities or apply CDMA-less text) and she sent me to tech. I explained the exact same thing. She requested I call from a different phone than the one I am trying to fix. She called my work phone and told me to reboot. All my messages started to come in and she sent a test text and came through just fine. Make sure you tell them to either delete text and re add or add cdma-less text. If you say just add cdma-less text a lot of them dot understand what that is (even though they are tech support and should) Hope this helps

10. thatsiebguy Cupcake Nov 8, 2018 at 6:10 PM

thatsiebguy, Nov 8, 2018 at 6:10 PM :
    Just to add what I went through:

1. I have a business account through work and I've carried a SIM between the last couple of phones I've used.
    2. Putting my SIM in the 6T, it was recognized in the Verizon portal and I could call and send SMS, just not receive.
    3. Based on what a few others have said, I realized I probably have an older SIM that cannot use the CDMA-Less feature, so I just clicked the button in the portal to have a new SIM sent to me. However, I did this WHILE my current SIM was in the 6T and active. Requesting the new SIM showed me as requesting one for the "ONEPLUS 6T".

So today I received it and popped it into the 6T. I then logged into the portal and went through the process to activate a new phone/SIM and entered the IEMI1 and SIM#. Upon clicking activate, it prompted me to update my plan since my previous plan was "incompatible". There was nothing to change though, I just scrolled down and hit submit. Once I did that, the summary page specified the changes for me to approve, and one of those changes listed was adding "CDMA-Less Device Provisioning". I clicked approve, got the confirmation email, restarted the phone, and about a minute later it worked. I can now send and receive SMS.

11. nasmith23 Cupcake Nov 8, 2018 at 6:25 PM

nasmith23, Nov 8, 2018 at 6:25 PM :
    Any solution for us third parties yet? I have been able to get nowhere with the third party company itself.. Do we think this could be fixed through software? Or is Verizon third party out of the question?

12. koberlin0427 Cupcake Nov 8, 2018 at 6:25 PM

koberlin0427, Nov 8, 2018 at 6:25 PM :
    Are either of you on prepaid by chance? All the people finding solution on here seem to be on postpaid.

13. Harley Wilson Eclair Nov 8, 2018 at 6:40 PM

Harley Wilson, Nov 8, 2018 at 6:40 PM :
    I'll give you my experience with Xfinity Mobile (TL;DR: no dice):

After talking to 8 different techs, I can confirm with almost near certainty that CDMA-less is not something Xfinity can provision. It's considered an "advanced" feature by one of the techs I spoke with, and while most knew exactly what I was talking about, the feature doesn't exist at their level. I did try to see if I could get around that by having messaging removed and added back, as some have had success with on Verizon (might be worth giving that a shot on other MVNOs or prepaid), but that didn't work for me either. So after having a lengthy discussion with a very knowledgeable and helpful Tier 3 Tech, we came to the conclusion that until either Verizon's network properly provisions the line when it recognizes the IMEI (something that will make things seamless on Verizon, and what I assume will be the fix eventually), and/or Xfinity Mobile has that feature to add to a line, 6T users are not going to be able to receive messages. That said, Xfinity doesn't support BYOD with Android, yet, and that tech's assumption is that CDMA-less provisioning will come when that rolls out "by the end of the year". That's not very helpful for other MVNOs or prepaid, but it's were I ended up.

I've transitioned all of my text convos (only a few people anyway) to other services that make sense for them (like Facebook Messenger, Whatsapp, or Skype), and my 2FA stuff to my Google Voice number. I anticipate the only time I'll run into issues is when an app needs to authenticate on the actual device phone number (like Signal or Whatsapp), but I really don't think I'll need to do that until I get a new phone anyway, which likely won't have this issue. And if it does, I can pop my SIM into another phone that does work (I've used my Essential phone for this) to get the code.

14. thatsiebguy Cupcake Nov 8, 2018 at 8:42 PM

thatsiebguy, Nov 8, 2018 at 8:42 PM :
    No. But from what I went through, Verizon's system knows what the OP6T is, and is aware it needs CDMA-Less provisioned. Getting a new SIM confirmed my suspicions about requiring a newer SIM that can accept the CDMA-Less option. Meaning if you're moving an older SIM to the OP6T and it doesn't work, then requesting and activating a new replacement SIM should work without issue.

15. Comixs Cupcake Nov 8, 2018 at 10:19 PM

Comixs, Nov 8, 2018 at 10:19 PM :

thatsiebguy

No. But from what I went through, Verizon's system knows what the OP6T is, and is aware it needs CDMA-Less provisioned. Getting a new SIM confirmed my suspicions about requiring a newer SIM that can accept the CDMA-Less option. Meaning if you're moving an older SIM to the OP6T and it doesn't work, then requesting and activating a new replacement SIM should work without issue.​

My Verizon sim from 2014 works fine on the 6T, how old is "too old" for a sim?

16. Brett_Wiggins Cupcake Nov 9, 2018 at 1:58 AM

17. Fonzarelli Cupcake Nov 9, 2018 at 2:14 AM

Fonzarelli, Nov 9, 2018 at 2:14 AM :
    I did the activation thing on line and was able to get the cdma-less on my line. Text messages started coming. Noticed that mms "download" comes to phone. Called Verizon to get the mms working. Spent about an hour on the phone. Really nice guy, genuinely wanted to help, but no such luck. Guess we have to wait it out until it gets fixed. Until then I guess I'll get my mms on Verizon's messages website....

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018 at 8:07 PM

18. Ra1882 Cupcake Nov 9, 2018 at 5:07 AM

Ra1882, Nov 9, 2018 at 5:07 AM :
    Trying to get my wife's prepaid Verizon account set up. No incoming messages. CDMA-less is active on her account, so is hd voice. Oneplus 6t shows up as device but nothing coming in. Tried to do the change device and enter imei but it came back with the message shown in an earlier post. Not sure what to do. Idk if it's a Verizon issue or a oneplus issue

19. wotaoyin Donut Nov 9, 2018 at 5:17 AM

wotaoyin, Nov 9, 2018 at 5:17 AM :
    Just a few minutes ago, with the 5th chat in the last two days, one tech rep named "Casey" finally solved the problem for my phone. FYI - I have a Verizon prepaid account.

Here is his explanation: "We would activate the device under the CDMA Less network and setting up HD Voice for the device provisioning services. That must detect it is an unlocked device when it activates under the account, provisioning the correct services to the devices. There are some other little details that are internally changed, though those (CDMA Less Provisioning + HD Voice) are the most important ones to set. Those are setup to the account as normally they wouldn't be selected while activating a new device."

He asked for my phone number, both IMEIs, and asked me to power off my phone, switch the SIM card from Slot 1 to Slot 2 to "get the second IMEI activated", and keep the phone powered off. A few minutes late, he asked me to power it back on, with the SIM card in either slot I wish. Magically, I start to receive text messages.

20. Ra1882 Cupcake Nov 9, 2018 at 5:26 AM

Ra1882, Nov 9, 2018 at 5:26 AM :
    I was in chat and never got asked for either imei. I think we tried both sim slots. Some people saying their imei aren't in the system but like I said, her device shows up as Oneplus 6t 8/256 or something like that so it's recognized but just not pushing the incoming texts through. According to the rep CDMA-less and HD voice are both activated. Also the rep stated they were aware of the situation with this device and their engineers are hard at work. Who knows