No Incoming SMS or MMS on Verizon

1. W1542656462355 Cupcake Nov 24, 2018

W1542656462355, Nov 24, 2018 :
    this fix resolved the issue for me. thanks so much for the solution.

2. Mirodil Cupcake Nov 25, 2018

Mirodil, Nov 25, 2018 :
    I have a similar issue. It still persists even after activating new SIM card.

3. Ajbailey21 Cupcake Dec 2, 2018

Ajbailey21, Dec 2, 2018 :
    after going through this with Verizon tech support today,and mine is now working on SMS but not MMS, is this still related?

4. G_Harry_Albright_DTDa Cupcake Dec 7, 2018

G_Harry_Albright_DTDa, Dec 7, 2018 :
    I had this problem when I first powered up and configured my 6T. Per instructions that I found elsewhere on here, I called 611 and talked to a Verizon support person. I requested that he add the CDMA-Less feature. He knew what I was taking about and added it. He told me I would have to restart my phone for ot to work, but messages started coming through within seconds, even before I hung up the phone. All works well now.

5. Jermdog Cupcake Dec 19, 2018

Jermdog, Dec 19, 2018 :
    By default Verizon list your new phone as a cdma device when it is a LTE only device By having Verizon set your device to CDMA-less it syncs your profile and makes sure the network side says OnePlus 6t and also the billing side says OnePlus 6t and then your all good with incoming text and all. It should only take a minute to do no 24/48hrs and the effect takes 2 minutes to work once they set it to CDMA-less.

I have a question for you, kinda silly did you switch all your data and etc 1st before calling Verizon? Thanks

6. Jermdog Cupcake Dec 19, 2018

Jermdog, Dec 19, 2018 :
    Can I ask a question. I'm expecting my new 6t McLaren Thur/Fri...did you transfer all your data and stuff before calling Verizon?

7. G_Harry_Albright_DTDa Cupcake Dec 19, 2018

G_Harry_Albright_DTDa, Dec 19, 2018 :
    Yes. I had my phone up and running before I called Verizon. it was a quick call as the person I reached was familiar with the CDMA_less feature and had SMS working before I even hung up the phone.

8. txgrantmac Cupcake Jan 28, 2019

txgrantmac, Jan 28, 2019 :
    I just have to reply and say that you saved my sanity after going into a Verizon store last week and dealing with this for over an hour. Even though Verizon had somehow already added "CDMA_Less Roam" to my account, I still wasn't receiving SMS/ MMS messages. After going through your steps above, all was solved.

Quick note in case anyone else reads this and has the same issue: I tried putting my Verizon sim in both trays but it only worked properly in tray 2. Even though I only have one sim card, that is the one that made this work for me. Results may vary, but thought it might be helpful!

9. marcos744 Cupcake Feb 10, 2019

marcos744, Feb 10, 2019 :
    Hi everyone, I am happy to have found this very useful troubleshooting guide. The big challenge I have is that in my case the carrier is Virgin Mobile UK. I wonder if I am facing exactly the same problem as described by the Verizon users. At the moment I am simply unable to receive SMS at SIM #1. However at #2 I have another fully functioning SIM from yet another provider. This really seem to be a network config or phone registration issue at Virgin. I hope I can have this sorted out as many of you did.

I won't open a different thread as this one seem to well explain what some users are experiencing, also with different providers.

Hope to come back soon with more updates.

Cheers!

10. B1541638393096 Cupcake Feb 11, 2019

B1541638393096, Feb 11, 2019 :
    Call Verizon Tech Support, have them do a Digital Maintenance Form. This will update and synchronize the Billing and Network aspect of your account. You need to basically get the two sides of your account acknowledging that you have a new phone and that it needs to be set to CDMA LESS status. I have heard that you can also Register your phone on your account when you log in to the Verizon web site. Log In and do a Search for OnePlus. It will pop up with a page that gives some insight. I am in NYC and this took care of everything.

11. bairdjacob76 Cupcake Feb 12, 2019

bairdjacob76, Feb 12, 2019 :
    has this been fixed yet. I can't seem to receive texts at all. I'm using straight talk with a Verizon sim?

12. Jaguirre24 Cupcake Feb 12, 2019

Jaguirre24, Feb 12, 2019 :
    it has, look at my post history

bairdjacob76 likes this.
  13. bairdjacob76 Cupcake Feb 12, 2019

bairdjacob76, Feb 12, 2019 :
    do you know what I would have to do using straight talk?

14. Jaguirre24 Cupcake Feb 12, 2019

Jaguirre24, Feb 12, 2019 :
    my bad, my post was for Verizon

15. Estewardii Cupcake Mar 9, 2019

Estewardii, Mar 9, 2019 :
    I recently purchased an unlocked McLaren Edition (the imei number says it's the chinese version). The problem I'm having at the moment is the phone isn't recognized in Verizon's database as a OnePlus 6T phone. It's showing up as an unknown device. How do I get the imei number into Verizon's database to be recognized? I can't use the phone properly until it's recognized and the CDMA_less feature is triggered available. Everything else works except receiving texts. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I've been dealing with Verizon Tech for 2 weeks now, I just want a functioning 6T. I know the regular 6T is similar, but I purposely wanted the McLaren edition.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019

16. Neo_matrix Cupcake May 21, 2019 at 7:06 PM

Neo_matrix, May 21, 2019 at 7:06 PM :
    I just had the same issue with the Oneplus 7 Pro and all you need to do is call tech support and tell them you need add CDMA-LESS to the phone number using Oneplus products. This only took 10 minutes.

Hope that helps

gideonbronte and PahLume like this.
  17. gideonbronte Froyo May 22, 2019 at 1:49 PM

gideonbronte, May 22, 2019 at 1:49 PM :
    cant believe we have to go through this AGAIN!!!. Ive set up my 7 but havent switched sims (thankfully) yet. Will do so when i have 30 mins to chat to vzw reps LOL

Neo_matrix likes this.
  18. Neo_matrix Cupcake May 22, 2019 at 1:52 PM

Neo_matrix, May 22, 2019 at 1:52 PM :
    On the (one)plus side Verizon is compatible and fully functional with the Oneplus 7, just a little chat with Verizon tech support

gideonbronte likes this.