No Incoming SMS or MMS on Verizon

1. Charles Dobilas
    Cupcake Jun 29, 2020

Charles Dobilas , via OnePlus 6T , Jun 29, 2020 :
    US Mobile Verizon and TracFone T-Mobile work well together. Also US Mobile Verizon and US Mobile T-Mobile. T-Mobile must be set to data sim to work at all. If T-Mobile is data sim , both sims have volte voice,sms, and mms on standby.

2. soccerraze101
    Cupcake Aug 1, 2020

soccerraze101 , Aug 1, 2020 :
    Just fixed this issue after 15 calls to Verizon and 3 to OnePlus.

I am no expert here, but I can offer you what I did to get out of this mess.

First off I have OnePlus 7T HD 1903 (EU) version flashed with global ROM. Just inserting my old sim card from my s8, I was able to make and receive calls and send outgoing texts. This was due to CDMA-less provisioning being disabled (and not an option on my account). Now you need a CDMA-less device to have this option appear in your Verizon account as a feature. Also, I think some SIMs are outdated and don't support the feature, so consider getting a new one if they can't find the option. In addition to needing a CDMA-less device, it needs to be recognized as a Verizon device (otherwise they can't change the feature). One way to do this is to have tier 2 issue a ticket to add your IMEI device to their DMD. If the phone's manufacturer sent the IMEI and the corresponding phone for certification then it should be in the DMD. Or it should be able to be added. Hardware wise, the phone's bands should work with Verizon albeit 46 and 48 if I recall correctly. This just means you lack some connectivity.

Now you know the big picture, let me tell you how to solve it...

#1: If your device is recognized as Verizon device, ask for CDMA-less provisioning to be enabled. If they can't find it, update your sim and have them resync their network. Enable setting and you're good to go.

#2: If your device is recognized as a non Verizon device, then ask to add your IMEI to their DMD. Mine was manufactured in Netherlands (EU) so my ticket was denied. However, most devices should be approved if they were NA. If it got approved, refer to #1. If it got denied, refer to #3.

#3: If your ticket was denied, you won't be able to add to DMD. However, you can trick the system into enabling the setting without being in DMD. The key is to use a CDMA-LESS device (another OnePlus 7T, Hydrogen One, etc.). Now, ask the representative to take the CDMA-LESS device's IMEI and activate on the line you are trying to get it working on. They will input this IMEI and your Sim # and activate it. Once activated on the line, they can go in and enable the setting. Then, you can insert your sim into the OnePlus and it should work. Just don't take your Sim out and put it in a non CDMA-LESS device. Also don't change APN/SMSC settings.

On that note, if you have data problems, check APN settings. If you have outgoing text message problems, check SMSC.

If you did #3, you will still be a non Verizon device, but it will be fully functional (vmail, texts, calls, HD calling, etc)

I wish anyone luck! Lmk if you have any questions

ironass and wv5t1ckywv like this.
  3. Bob502
    Cupcake Aug 16, 2020

Bob502 , Aug 16, 2020 :
    Hi Great news to hear that VZW will actually work on this phone, but I already made the painful move to AT&T. I would go back to Verizon, but the question is, do any of you have Wifi calling with Verizon?

TIA

4. DarkAlmond
    Cupcake Sep 29, 2020

DarkAlmond , Sep 29, 2020 :
    HEY GUYS! I can 100% verify that this works! I was having the same issue & I called and it worked instantly. They said to make sure to do this with every new phone you get that isn't from Verizon.

5. K1601349259971
    Cupcake Sep 29, 2020