No Incoming SMS or MMS on Verizon

1. soaringthor
    Cupcake Nov 5, 2018

soaringthor , Nov 5, 2018 :
    Definitely shows up as a generic device. I tried both sim trays with tech support on the line and neither IMEI was in their database.

2. clabern
    Donut Nov 5, 2018

clabern , Nov 5, 2018 :
    Well that sucks. Maybe OP didn't load all their IMEI's to Verizon correctly...

3. MGomes78
    Honeycomb Nov 5, 2018

MGomes78 , Nov 5, 2018 :
    Just a question: Is it the device that needs to have this "CDMA-LESS" feature added or the SIM card? I am asking to determine if this is something I can call Verizon to have them do now or must I wait for my phone in order to get the IMEI number?

4. petersju2
    Cupcake Nov 5, 2018

petersju2 , Nov 5, 2018 :
    I have been dealing with this all day. I must say I am thankful that I had this resource to take from while I was on the phone with them.

After several techs it was discovered that my IMEI numbers were also not in the Verizon database and that they would need to make a manual add request, taking 24-48 hours as others have suggested. I asked the tech about how that process worked, i.e. how do they get the IMEI numbers, and was told that they are provided by the manufacture.

Im curious if OnePlus dropped the ball? Were some IMEI's not sent? How many others does this affect? I have been wanting a OnePlus device since the One but haven't been able to due to CDMA vs. GSM and now that its here is one more road block.

5. O1541462593911
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2018

O1541462593911 , Nov 6, 2018 :
    Please make sure that if you have Swapped your SIM Card on over from another device that the prior phone you had that SIM In was also a HD Voice (Voice over IP) capable phone. Verizon is not able to add the CDMA less feature on SIM cards that did not count with that functionality and if that is the case a new SIM is needed.

6. gormanc2
    Donut Nov 6, 2018

gormanc2 , Nov 6, 2018 :
    Joining in to the discussion here! I'm also having the same issue as those in this thread. Got on with VZW customer service and went through the whole "resyncing everything on your account" song and dance before finding this thread. Then i got escalated to Level 2 support and requested I have "CDMA_LESS" feature added to my line. He was unable to find that feature to apply to my line, so i told him the feature number (#83856 for bring your own device) and he stated that "bring your own device" was already enabled on my line. He submitted a DMD form for me to have the feature added and said it could take up to 3 business days. Nice guy @ VZW support, but unfortunately no luck with getting things resolved as quickly as others have on this thread.

7. arwaldon4
    Gingerbread Nov 6, 2018

arwaldon4 , Nov 6, 2018 :
    I'm currently on hold now trying to sort this out as well. only been a few minutes so wish me luck.

8. ideafrog
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2018

ideafrog , Nov 6, 2018 :
    I am actually on with a Verizon rep right now, and THANK GOD for this thread. Seems that my SIM (older than 2 years) does not have the capability of adding "CDMA_LESS". The representative walked me through how VZW is upgrading their systems, and a newer SIM is required for this to work.

Once I receive my new SIM (2 days unless I visit a store), I will need to activate it in a Verizon Phone (yes - I know!) in order to get the SIM "recognized" by VZW. Once that is complete, I can put the SIM back in my OP6T and things "should" work correctly. The current SIM does allow phone calls, just not SMS or MMS as identified above. She tried all the "resetting your account" song and dance, but then realized what I was asking for (thanks to everyone on the thread identifying the need to TELL THEM what to do!

Ill get back on and update once my new SIM arrives!

9. blackwizard
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2018

blackwizard , Nov 6, 2018 :
    same boat here, bud. hoping things get resolved after the 24-48 hours.

10. gormanc2
    Donut Nov 6, 2018

gormanc2 , Nov 6, 2018 :

ideafrog

I am actually on with a Verizon rep right now, and THANK GOD for this thread. Seems that my SIM (older than 2 years) does not have the capability of adding "CDMA_LESS". The representative walked me through how VZW is upgrading their systems, and a newer SIM is required for this to work.

Once I receive my new SIM (2 days unless I visit a store), I will need to activate it in a Verizon Phone (yes - I know!) in order to get the SIM "recognized" by VZW. Once that is complete, I can put the SIM back in my OP6T and things "should" work correctly. The current SIM does allow phone calls, just not SMS or MMS as identified above. She tried all the "resetting your account" song and dance, but then realized what I was asking for (thanks to everyone on the thread identifying the need to TELL THEM what to do!

Ill get back on and update once my new SIM arrives!​

Ugh.. now you've got me wondering if I need a new SIM in addition to what VZW is doing on their end with the DMD to enable CDMA_LESS. Hopefully it's one or the other that's needed? I don't remember how old my SIM is, exactly. It was working perfectly fine with VoLTE on my OG Pixel XL prior to throwing it in my OP 6t. Hmm.....

11. RusOwner
    Donut Nov 6, 2018

RusOwner , Nov 6, 2018 :
    Same here, i got T-Mobile version unlocked and was blaming on it because of T-Mo involved, ordered unlocked version because of that LOL. calling Verizon now to see what they gonna do about it

UPDATE:

I just called this number (877) 894-4946 asked to look up feature # 83856 and add it to my line. Rep was surprised to actually be able to find this feature (he said been working there for over 2 years and never heard about it), added to my line, did test SMS and MMS and all worked within seconds.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018

ssulli23 likes this.
  12. petersju2
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2018

petersju2 , Nov 6, 2018 :

Did you have a new SIM?
    I'm curious if there is two things going on here ( IMEI and SIM ) or if it's just one thing.

gormanc2 likes this.
  13. RusOwner
    Donut Nov 6, 2018

RusOwner , Nov 6, 2018 :
    SIM card is about 2 months old, i took it off iPhone yesterday and using with OP. Rep did not say anything about IMEI or anything else, i just told him to look up that function # and add it to my line, i told him about many other people talking about this on the forum. Under account phone shows as: ONEPLUS 6T NONVZW

petersju2 likes this.
  14. n8th8n
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2018

n8th8n , Nov 6, 2018 :
    Ugh.. Virtually no shot the Total Wireless customer service is going to be able to get this working for me...

15. gormanc2
    Donut Nov 6, 2018

gormanc2 , Nov 6, 2018 :
    See the fact that yours shows the model on Verizon's site at the account page makes me feel like it's somehow SIM related. Mine does not show and details about the type of phone anywhere on my Verizon account page. It just shows an unknown device... perhaps leading to not being about to apply that feature to my line.

16. blackwizard
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2018

blackwizard , Nov 6, 2018 :
    this was the exact reason I was given from the tech earlier

17. C1541470185080
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2018

18. petersju2
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2018

petersju2 , Nov 6, 2018 :

Seeing as we have RusOwner with working phone. Would you two mind trying something, on your phone using the dial pad type *#06# and using the IMEI numbers that pop up type them into the Verizon IMEI checker here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/od/prepaid/bring-your-own-device/#/checkDevice

I get this notice: "The phone associated with the Device ID you entered is not compatible with the Verizon Wireless network."

Do you both get that or does RusOwner get something different?

19. Jeff C.
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2018

Jeff C. , Nov 6, 2018 :
    So I went to activate my device on their website and it says "The phone associated with the Device ID you entered is not compatible with the Verizon Wireless network."

So I'm assuming mine is not listed either. Also, I don't have the correct SIM card. Mine is about double the size of the slot coming from an LG G4.

I've attempted to contact verizon online support via facebook and their website chat, and both have told me I need to go into a store.

"We are so sad to hear it says that. This means that the phone is not compatible with us. Which would mean it cannot be added to our Data Base. What model phone is it? - Steven"

I gave him the link that was listed previously about the open development of the phone, then I got this response
    "Thank you for that link. So looking into this in more depth, it seems that you would have to be a Developer to be able to take advantage of being able to use your phone with us. Are you a Developer(business) or a Consumer(customer)?"

"We are very sad to say, but the phone is not compatible for consumer use at this time. Right now only Developers can use that phone. The line would need to be associated with a Business account and added by an Approved Vendor. This is not something we have access to, so we have no way to help add it for you either. You can try activating a new SIM card in a similar phone to the one you have and installing it into that phone. This may allow you to use the phone, since that process usually skips the activation when the SIM is new and just activated from another phone. - Steven"

I'm going to go with that last piece, just get a new SIM and see what happens.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018

20. RusOwner
    Donut Nov 6, 2018

RusOwner , Nov 6, 2018 :
    I'm getting "The phone associated with the Device ID you entered is not compatible with the Verizon Wireless network."

petersju2 likes this.