No Incoming SMS or MMS on Verizon

1. gormanc2
    Donut Nov 6, 2018

n8th8n likes this.
  2. Batmann9
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2018

Batmann9 , Nov 6, 2018 :
    i was in online chat with a rep trying to get the sms receiving to work and was told i had to wait for 24 hours for it to kick in. Idk what the guy did on his side but now i cant even make calls. He made me turn my phone off for a bit while he worked on it then when i turned it back on calls were not working.

3. JNOHE
    Donut Nov 6, 2018

JNOHE , Nov 6, 2018 :
    Has anyone tried a complete new sim in the phone.

Maybe with an old phone prior using the CDMA network it tries to pull in messages through that method and with a new sim it will go through LTE instead?

4. CMSevilla
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2018

CMSevilla , Nov 6, 2018 :
    I was told to try a new SIM, so I'll see if I can give it a shot tomorrow.

5. Comixs
    Eclair Nov 6, 2018

Comixs , Nov 6, 2018 :
    So my phone comes tommorow, so I want to make sure I understand eveuything so I can hopefully get it resolved quickly.

I need to call and ask for CDMA-less feature/provisioning for my line

My sim may not be compatible, as I saw you guys saying new ones were needed? How new is new? I believe mine came with my Nexus 6, so I imagine I'll

6. Batmann9
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2018

Batmann9 , Nov 6, 2018 :
    just talked to another rep, the reason why some phones are being fixed quicker is because the imei of that phone is already in the system. the people that have to wait 24 hours for a fix is because they have to manually add the imei to the verizon database since it isnt in the system yet and has to be validated and activated.

R1541479528548 likes this.
  7. R1541479528548
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2018

R1541479528548 , Nov 6, 2018 :
    I've thoroughly read the two active threads on this topic and I've narrowed it down to this:

CDMA-less provisioning works for some. But the root cause (I think) is the fact that some of these phones aren't even registered with Verizon as recognizable phones, yet. I noticed that those who had CDMA-less provisioning function generally had their phones recognized through their MyVerizon (which means that the IMEI has been registered as an acceptable phone to be used). I was in the Verizon store for 4 hours today working this garbage out, and the super helpful guys came to the same conclusion. They were hopeful that the remaining IMEIs (mine included) will be added as "acceptable" in the coming days, but I did manage to get a high level tech support ticket in. They will be responding to me within 24-48 hours.

I'm not giving up on this phone. I absolutely love it, save for a several decade old feature not working properly.

blackwizard and cenon415 like this.
  8. R1541479528548
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2018

I think this is definitely the case. We posted at the same time and I essentially said the same thing. I am hopeful that my IMEI will be added soon.

9. R1541479528548
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2018

Another thing to note is people keep getting told the get a new SIM. There is one huge issue with that. You cannot get a new Verizon SIM if your IMEI isn't recognized by the system. They need to input the IMEI to activate the SIM. I'm hopeful my IMEI is registered promptly.

10. goodymon22
    Donut Nov 6, 2018

goodymon22 , Nov 6, 2018 :
    OKAY, I just got off the phone with my 6th tech support person and we have a couple ideas,

First he did confirm that the OnePlus 6T is in fact an approved phone for the Verizon network and all of its features,
    BUT he noted that the IMEI number for my device is not in their approved database (this database of IMEI numbers is built with numbers provided from the manufacture and each number specifically identifies your exact individual phone and what features are enabled/available to your specific phone)

Theory # 1 is that since my IMEI number is not in their database the CDMA-Less feature is not available to be enabled on my phone SO he confirmed that my phone is 100% approved and has submitted a form to add my exact IMEI number to their database (this can take 1 to 3 business days to go through though) and once added we can try seeing if we can now enable the CDMA-Less option.

Theory # 2 is that my SIM card is to old and is the reason why we can not enable the CDMA-Less feature on it (mine came with my Nexus 6 that I purchased 04/17/2015 direct from Verizon and is confirmed a 4G Verizon SIM card) so tomorrow I am going to go to my local Verizon store and grab a new SIM card and with that new SIM card we may now be able to enable the CDMA-Less option.

The CDMA band is Verizon's band that they are actually in the process of phasing out and suspect will be gone late 2019 in favor of their 5G network. Apparently there are a couple devices that require the CDMA-Less feature to be enabled and he did say he found a specific entry for the OnePlus 6T needing the CDMA-Less feature enabled to work.

I will pick up a new SIM card from Verizon tomorrow and report back later then to update if that alone works OR if the IMEI number specifically needs to be submitted to their database (calling them up and requesting that does not seem like a bad idea either way since I imagine that could have strange affects on things NOT having your IMEI number in their database?)

cenon415 and n8th8n like this.
  11. JNOHE
    Donut Nov 6, 2018

JNOHE , Nov 6, 2018 :
    So if your IMEI is showing in your my verizon profile now does that mean it is recognized by Verizon and should be working or is there another step after that?

12. R1541041278880
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2018

R1541041278880 , Nov 6, 2018 :
    got the same issue, called VZW customer support, the dude manage to add the CMDA_Less for me in a minute, problem solved. guess they got a lot calls these days for the same issue.

Well, oneplus should anticipate this coming, at least give out a official solution or so.
    Anyway, folks, go call 611

13. Comixs
    Eclair Nov 6, 2018

Comixs , Nov 6, 2018 :
    This might be a really dumb question, but those who say their IMEI is recognized, whicbsim slot are you using, and for those who don't have it recognized? IDK how dual SIM does this, but maybe this could be a contributor to the issue.

cenon415 and goodymon22 like this.
  14. goodymon22
    Donut Nov 6, 2018

It sounds like there is another step that needs to be taken. My IMEI is successfully listed and reporting on MyVerizon account BUT it is noted as an "UNRECOGNIZED DEVICE" and the form that my tech support person submitted required me to give him the specs and color of my phone.

My guess is that OnePlus has provided Verizon with some of the IMEI numbers which identify all those exact specs and colors BUT did not provide all of them?

Either way I would say it would be best to called them up and confirm that your IMEI is listed in their database NO MATTER what your MyVerizon account says.

15. goodymon22
    Donut Nov 6, 2018

I have mine located in the #1 slot. and you have a point! There are TWO IMEI numbers on each OnePlus 6T device identifying each unique SIM card slot as a unique device/phone. Perhaps one IMEI number is listed in their database and not the other? I never though of that and never provided my second IMEI number to Verizon tech support to even check...

16. BBKoenigsegg
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2018

BBKoenigsegg , Nov 6, 2018 :
    The other step should be getting the CDMA-less provision added. If your phone is fully recognized by Verizon, I'd say most of your problem is already solved.

I tried both of my IMEIs. Neither is recognized.

17. goodymon22
    Donut Nov 6, 2018

Ahh okay, since mine was just submitted by their tech support guy using his form I was nervous about checking it myself via the MyVerizon page out of fear that it may mess with it being submitted so I just tried calling back to have them manually search their database BUT their hours are until 9pm which is it now 9:10pm :p

So the answer is to make this work the option "CDMA-Less" does need to be manually enabled on Verizon's side BUT the question is why do some people have that option available and some of us dont? Is it because the people who are having success have a "newer/compatible" SIM card and for those of us it is not working we just need to go pick up a new SIM card OR is it because for those who it is working for their IMEI number just happened to already be in Verizon's database?

edit*
    For those who it is working for when you enter the IMEI number does your MyVerzion account properly report the device name/model/specs/etc on that page OR does it still show as an "UNRECOGNIZED DEVICE" ?

Either way I am going to pick up a new SIM card tomorrow and try to remember to report back.

18. Comixs
    Eclair Nov 6, 2018

Comixs , Nov 6, 2018 :
    More importantly, when OnePlus got this approved, why didn't this get automatically added to the database as a CDMA-less device? LTE and voice work according to almost everyone, so I assume they just forgot to tick a box.

19. BBKoenigsegg
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2018

BBKoenigsegg , Nov 6, 2018 :
    From what I understand, it works for some because their IMEIs were already recognized. Those people say their phones are clearly recognized as OnePlus 6T and they even say the amount of RAM and storage.

goodymon22 likes this.
  20. JNOHE
    Donut Nov 6, 2018

JNOHE , Nov 6, 2018 :
    Yea put for example the individuals I talked ot from Verizon had no clue what CDMA Less was. If it was something where my phone had to be registered witgh Verizon and then the CDMA less could be added wouldnt they know that and people able to give me that info...