No Incoming SMS or MMS on Verizon

1. chriscogan
    Donut Nov 6, 2018

chriscogan , Nov 6, 2018 :
    Just got off the phone with Verizon and this immediately fixed the issue for me.

2. gormanc2
    Donut Nov 6, 2018

gormanc2 , Nov 6, 2018 :
    Still so confused why some people have no issue getting this enabled immediately by VZW support over the phone and others are told it cannot be applied to the device in Verizon's system. Did you have to supply the VZW tech with the feature number or did they simply know what you were talking about when you said to add "CDMA_LESS" to the line?

3. chriscogan
    Donut Nov 6, 2018

I told her I researched it online. Told her to add CDMA_LESS. She knew what I was talking about and fixed it immediately.

gormanc2 likes this.
  4. tlbland0426
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2018

tlbland0426 , Nov 6, 2018 :
    I think I'm in the same boat as other people on here. My IMEI is not being recognized so they cannot add the CDMA_LESS to my line because of that. Is anyone from OnePlus working with Verizon to get these IMEI's added to their database?

droidrev71 and gormanc2 like this.
  5. Jaguirre24
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2018

Jaguirre24 , Nov 6, 2018 :
    Already did all this and still, the problem persists. I even went to the Verizon store, they gave me a new SIM card, activated it, but I still cannot receive SMS or MMS messages. I can send, just not receive. Everything else works perfectly.

6. zh1985444
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2018

zh1985444 , Nov 6, 2018 :
    I followed you steps, but I am not able to activate my device. It shows like this:

"The phone associated with the Device ID you entered is not compatible with the Verizon Wireless network. Try a Different Device"

7. Jaguirre24
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2018

Jaguirre24 , Nov 6, 2018 :
    I got a brand new SIM yesterday at the Verizon store. It did not work for me

8. K1540901165849
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2018

K1540901165849 , Nov 6, 2018 :
    I would love for this to get straightened out as I have already sold my old phone and haven't been able to get text messages for the past 2 days. I messaged the staff who stickied posts to this thread and have yet to get a reply back from them.

9. alfmoonspace
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2018

alfmoonspace , Nov 6, 2018 :
    issues here too, went through all the steps and still need to wait 24-48 hours to get it fixed. crazy.

10. boricuastock
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2018

boricuastock , Nov 6, 2018 :
    I am on the phone with Verizon right now (Business account). The rep is unable to add the feature. He said it is not showing up as an available feature to add. He didn't seem to indicate there were any issues with my IMEI though. Not sure what to do at this point....

11. oregonhiker
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2018

oregonhiker , Nov 6, 2018 :

12. chriscogan
    Donut Nov 6, 2018

I have a business account also. The rep I talked to saw the CDMA_LESS feature on her end.

13. rwickra
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2018

rwickra , Nov 6, 2018 :
    I am at my wits end dealing with this. On the phone with Verizon for hours yesterday and today. I don't have this kind of free time. The most recent Level 2 tier tech support person was just rude telling me that "Verizon doesn't guarantee 3rd party phones they don't support will work with all the features" and then went on to tell me that the phone was a dud and he could see the phone receiving the text messages. I am at the point where I just told Verizon I may just go off to T-Mobile. I'm honestly irritated that OnePlus did not iron out issues like this before declaring to the public that the 6T is fully Verizon compatible. Because as we are finding out, it is NOT.

14. boricuastock
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2018

boricuastock , Nov 6, 2018 :
    Maybe I need to try a different rep?

15. zjcompt
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2018

16. alfmoonspace
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2018

17. alfmoonspace
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2018

alfmoonspace , Nov 6, 2018 :
    nothing yet

18. blackwizard
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2018

blackwizard , Nov 6, 2018 :
    the first rep I spoke with yesterday was extremely rude and basically gave me the same speech you received. luckily the rest of the techs were much nicer, although my issues still aren't resolved.

is anyone else surprised at how little these techs seem to know or care about new devices? I get that it's just a job to most of them, but shouldn't they like to know new products in their industry? I know I like to know these things in my industry.

KKani likes this.
  19. Yamvmax
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2018

Yamvmax , Nov 6, 2018 :
    Its not their problem. Its VZW for not entering all the IMEI's into the database. Im leaving VZW. So done with their stupid BS.

20. zjcompt
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2018

zjcompt , Nov 6, 2018 :
    Here is a quote from Verge from OnePlus about Verizon support:

"According to OnePlus, the Verizon experience should be like any other carrier: pop a Verizon SIM card in, and it should just work. If you don’t already have Verizon service and want to activate a OnePlus 6T on the network, you just have to go to a Verizon store, and it can be done."
    Source: https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/29...erizon-t-mobile-us-carrier-compatibility-deal

So unless we are going to say Verge is fake news, I feel like OnePlus has some of the blame here...

S1540827483654 likes this.