No Incoming SMS or MMS on Verizon

1. tlbland0426 Cupcake Nov 6, 2018

tlbland0426, Nov 6, 2018 :
    So I just logged into my Verizon account and it is magically detecting my device as a OnePlus 6T and shows my IMEI now. Still no incoming text messages but I'm going to call them and see if the can now add the CDMA_LESS feature to my line.

gormanc2 likes this.
  2. Jaguirre24 Cupcake Nov 6, 2018

Jaguirre24, Nov 6, 2018 :
    Got it fixed.
    go to your verizon account online and chat with the representative. tell him you need to add the "CDMA_LESS" option to your SIM card and feature # 83856 and add it to your line. worked immediately for me

3. gormanc2 Donut Nov 6, 2018

gormanc2, Nov 6, 2018 :
    Mine just started showing model in my Verizon account as well (Albeit mine on Verizon says 256gb rom, when I have a 128gb... but still better than before). I am going to call and re-try adding "CDMA_LESS" feature.

4. droidrev71 Honeycomb Nov 6, 2018

droidrev71, Nov 6, 2018 :
    My mistake. I thought there was more than just nfc. I thought you couldn't get hd voice in an Android phone with iPhone sim.

5. cgrywalski Cupcake Nov 6, 2018

cgrywalski, Nov 6, 2018 :
    Ok i got mine working! here is the deal, and why some reps cant find the CDMA_LESS Feature, here are the steps i did to get it to work
    1. Called (877) 894-4946 from land line
    2. the phone has to be seen to vzw as a oneplus 6t for the CDMA_LESS feature to even show up for the rep.
    3. slot 1 showed in vzw as a unknown device, putting the sim in slot 2 showed up to VZW as the oneplus 6t.
    4. then the rep could see the CDMA_LESS feature available and add it to the phone.
    5. i did have to get a tier 2 person to get it, but he assured me that the tier 1 can once the phone shows up as a OP6T.

hope this helps.

mpower4life and geoff5093 like this.
  6. tlbland0426 Cupcake Nov 6, 2018

tlbland0426, Nov 6, 2018 :
    Boom! After mine magically showed up in Verizon as a OnePlus 6T I chatted with a rep and they were able to add the CDMA_LESS feature to my line and text messages are working now!

7. gormanc2 Donut Nov 6, 2018

gormanc2, Nov 6, 2018 :
    New behaviour now! Since a few moments ago when OP6t started being recognized on my Verizon page, I decided to give the "Activate or Switch" option originally mention by OP support earlier in this thread. My IMEI was now recognized, which was previously not working for me (It used to tell me my device was not supported). It then takes me to a page where it shows it will add the "CDMA_LESS" option which seemed super promising. Then when I attempt to confirm i want to apply the changes, it tells "Your Device Change request failed and cannot be completed online. Please contact customer service at 1.800.922.0204

8. rwickra Cupcake Nov 6, 2018

rwickra, Nov 6, 2018 :
    FIXED!

The third Tier 2 tech support rep I got online was able to fix it. Here is how he did it. I asked him to precisely tell me why some people were able to add the CDMA-less feature easily and some could not.

Here is what he told me.

The CDMA-less feature is an available feature, meaning, unless the tech support person sees it as available for the system, he cannot add it. This is why some people get this feature added quickly by tech support and some people cannot. If tech support cannot add the CDMA-less feature, you need to tell them to look up on the network and billing system what the phone is showing up as. In 99% of cases once the IMEI is received, the network updates properly and the phone is registered as a OnePlus 6T but in the billing system it shows up unspecified/unrecognized. In this situation the tech cannot add the CDMA-less feature because he/she cannot see it as available. To verify this, if you login to your Verizon account your phone will not show as a ONEPLUS 6T. This means that there is a discrepancy and when the clueless tech is trying add this CDMA-less feature he/she doesn't see it.

The solution is to ask the Tech person to SYNC the network and billing so that the billing side can also see the phone as a OnePlus 6T. When this is done, and his side is refreshed, the CDMA-LESS feature becomes available. Once it is available, he/she can activate it.

As soon as this was done, the text messages started flooding in. It's working, FINALLY!

S1541039090222 likes this.
  9. blackwizard Cupcake Nov 6, 2018

blackwizard, Nov 6, 2018 :
    I just spoke with a Tier 2 rep named Onaje (Oh-nah-jay) who was familiar with the phone and I was the first person who he'd dealt with who owned the phone. He was EXCELLENT and got things sorted for me almost instantly. all I had to do was reboot. he asked that I give him a shout out on the forum in case anyone else had issues.

wickets likes this.
  10. E1541080909994 Cupcake Nov 6, 2018

E1541080909994, Nov 6, 2018 :
    So similar issues with mine as well . . . issues are:

Can not make a call: Immediate 'Connection failed'.
    Texting says sending, but fails. Strange thing is they actually get the texts!
    Can not receive any texts.

Spent over an hour with Verizon tech support this morning. Neither tier 1 nor 2 had ever heard of the phone. I have ticket in with an 'Engineer'. Will see what that brings. Very disappointed.

11. gormanc2 Donut Nov 6, 2018

gormanc2, Nov 6, 2018 :
    BOOM! I'm good now too! Chatted with a rep online and had in enabled in less than 5 mins. Once your IMEI startes being recognized by verizon (ie... your phone shows as "ONEPLUS 6t blah blah blah" on your verizon account page online) then you can have the "CDMA_LESS" feature enabled by a rep and you should be good to go! Thanks to all of you guys for working together to get this solved and figure out the root to begin with!

S1541039090222 and blackwizard like this.
  12. BBKoenigsegg Cupcake Nov 6, 2018

BBKoenigsegg, Nov 6, 2018 :
    This is so encouraging! I'm just going to use my phone and fight through no texts, and when the IMEI finally gets recognized, I'll make another call and request CDMA-less gets readded. Thank you all for sharing your experiences!

13. gormanc2 Donut Nov 6, 2018

gormanc2, Nov 6, 2018 :
    Not even totally necessary to make a call. Just open up the chat window on the site and ask for device support. Explain you want to enable "CDMA_LESS" on the line and they should do it right away. I notified my rep that this would be happening a lot and to be aware of the issue. He said i was the 2nd person he had helped today and that he would circulate the information as much as possible.

BBKoenigsegg likes this.
  14. gormanc2 Donut Nov 6, 2018

gormanc2, Nov 6, 2018 :
    Just another note for those wondering (as was I before I got CDMA_LESS enabled), the visual voicemail on the stock phone app now works perfectly, just like on my old phone. So this feature appears to fix that functionality as well. Thanks all!

15. boricuastock Cupcake Nov 6, 2018

boricuastock, Nov 6, 2018 :
    I have a business account and called Verizon at like 8 am central today and they couldn't add the feature. After all the reports flooding in of people being able to add CDMA_LESS I called back in and they had it added within minutes. Something synced on Verizon's end between 9 am and 10 AM CST :) All is working now

16. uriahstange Donut Nov 6, 2018

uriahstange, Nov 6, 2018 :
    VZW was able to turn on the CDMA less feature after 48 hrs.
    SMS and MMS incoming is working normally.

17. hdirani Cupcake Nov 6, 2018

hdirani, Nov 6, 2018 :
    Just got off the phone with Verizon support and got mine sms fully working. Talked to Ryan from Tier 2 support. He informed me that feature # 83856 did not show up but found the same one called "CDMA-less rom tier override" feature #SPO732 and with in seconds my phone started working. I was on the phone with verizon all day yesterday and no one could help. Finally got it working.

18. BBKoenigsegg Cupcake Nov 6, 2018

BBKoenigsegg, Nov 6, 2018 :
    Awesome! I just checked and my phone is being recognized as a OnePlus 6T now!!! I need to get home and switch out my SIM card immediately and then I'll do the chat window. Thank you!

19. Apollo13plc Cupcake Nov 6, 2018

Apollo13plc, Nov 6, 2018 :
    Got mine to work. You have to put the Sim card in tray 2 and it will be recognized by Verizon comes up as OnePlus 6t now. Then I did the online chat with Verizon and told them to enable the CDMA_less feature on my line and it worked. I now can receive texts. Took about 5 min to do all this.

zh1985444 and BBKoenigsegg like this.
  20. F_Sonu_Sharma_AaYJ Cupcake Nov 6, 2018