?

Does Notification LED matters to you?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Scovik
    Eclair Nov 15, 2018

Scovik , Nov 15, 2018 :
    Like I mentioned I did a test against 6 and 6T won.
    Related to your other disappointments, nothing new under the sun from you, every OP user out there complains about the same staff, no LED (I miss this 2 and I wish it was on the phone, but alas it's not, so no big deal), no wireless charging (who cares, it's slow and people only want it because other phones have it) and finnaly IP68 (again a feature that is more or less useless because I'm pretty sure most people don't user their phone underwater and I bet you that if there was a survey with all the billion mobile users out there related to who uses their phone regularly underwater, you would be surprise to see that a max 5% and that's a generous percentage use the phone under water.

Neddard and Seagal_aikikai like this.
  2. Seagal_aikikai
    Honeycomb Nov 15, 2018

Seagal_aikikai , Nov 15, 2018 :
    Agree [e]1f44d[/e] "never settle"

3. Neddard
    Lollipop Nov 15, 2018

Neddard , Nov 15, 2018 :
    OK, this ^^^ is funny! I don't care who you are! LOLLL!

Seagal_aikikai likes this.
  4. Neddard
    Lollipop Nov 15, 2018

Neddard , Nov 15, 2018 :
    And every son of a gun under the sun demands to start a new thread on every beef they've got with the 6T. Sheesh! It's a phone, and a damn good one, at that!

Well done, OP! Loving my 6T, my first OP device! :thumbs-up:

5. Seagal_aikikai
    Honeycomb Nov 15, 2018

Seagal_aikikai , Nov 15, 2018 :
    Yes! "never settle"

6. Grokus
    Cupcake Nov 15, 2018

Grokus , Nov 15, 2018 :
    It's not just here. Have you seen the Google Pixel reddit right at launch? Insanity.

7. Scovik
    Eclair Nov 15, 2018

Scovik , Nov 15, 2018 :
    Ofc, what do you expect from sheep? If one bhahahaha, 2 bhahahha, than all bahabuuu. It's my first OP as well and it's an excellent device.

Seagal_aikikai and Neddard like this.
  8. Scovik
    Eclair Nov 15, 2018

Scovik , Nov 15, 2018 :
    Well if the ones that tested have the same issue as you ofc that 6 was faster than 6T, on the other hand I don't experience the issues you have, for me the fingerprint works extremely well, I can't complain.
    There will always be more complains and threads about negative stuff than positive one, I'm curious to know how many people from the ones that own 6T have the same fingerprint issue as you have, if it's 15-20% than it's an issue, if it's lower than it's non-existent (remember the iPhone battery explode issue and note one).

9. F_Biță_Eugen-Constantin_
    Donut Nov 15, 2018

F_Biță_Eugen-Constantin_ , Nov 15, 2018 :
    Dude I didnt say the 6t has a problem, just that its fingerprint is slower than the 6'th. Everybody knows that by the way!

Loveit likes this.
  10. Dedz.mad
    Froyo Nov 15, 2018

Dedz.mad , Nov 15, 2018 :
    For those complaining, spend 1000$ on a samsung. i find it funny how people still complain, no headphone jack, no led no this no that. This phone cost between 540&670 and you still complain? I just ditched my iPhone8plus for the op6t and it was the best decision ever, great screen, the notch is smaller,, bigger battery, amazing OS, the fingerprint scanner... so much good stuff. Just enjoy the phone.

11. Dedz.mad
    Froyo Nov 15, 2018

Dedz.mad , Nov 15, 2018 :
    Mate the fingerprint is not unreliable, do this, go to a dark place, remove the old fingerprint and add newer ones in the dark. It works flawlessly, if you don't like the phone sell it while you can. Someone else will like to be part of the community.

12. Seagal_aikikai
    Honeycomb Nov 16, 2018

Seagal_aikikai , Nov 16, 2018 :
    Agree [e]1f44d[/e] with you! "never settle"

Dedz.mad likes this.
  13. vdubpower
    Gingerbread Nov 16, 2018

vdubpower , Nov 16, 2018 :
    so if there is no led light, how does one get notifications for text, vm, missed calls , emails etc etc etc????

i have op one for 4 yrs and want to upgrade now to op 6t but this is not good

does op 6 have led light?????

14. Seagal_aikikai
    Honeycomb Nov 16, 2018

Seagal_aikikai , Nov 16, 2018 :

vdubpower

so if there is no led light, how does one get notifications for text, vm, missed calls , emails etc etc etc????

i have op one for 4 yrs and want to upgrade now to op 6t but this is not good

does op 6 have led light?????​

Hi! It appears on the lock [e]1f512[/e] screen.
    The op6 have it. "never settle"

15. krischan303
    Cupcake Nov 16, 2018

krischan303 , Nov 16, 2018 :
    As a (totally happy - except maybe camera quality) OP3-owner really wanting to upgrade to the 6t (the notch on the 6 was a plain and instant "no"), this is a disappointment.
    I could live with the easy-brake glass back and without headphone jack and the 'maybe' waterproofing.

But this just seems unnecessary - I don't want to have to pick up my phone every few minutes just to check for new messages. So sadly, no new OP for me :(

Come on OP, you can do better, you were the only ones so far to build the nearly perfect phones right up until the 5(t).

tebsoo and Seagal_aikikai like this.
  16. F_Omair_Malik_SKTv
    Froyo Nov 16, 2018

F_Omair_Malik_SKTv , Nov 16, 2018 :
    I'm not missing the notification light at the mo. Actually I find it quite a distraction at night time, making me want to check what's on my phone at 3am ... never anything important.

the implementation of the Notch on the 6T is about the best I have seen but there has to be sacrifices. If the 7 goes to an in-display camera the light is still gone. There's very little between the 6 and 6T and for sure the previous version might suit some more.

17. guisbro
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 16, 2018

guisbro , Nov 16, 2018 :
    I use Pixel Pulse and don't miss hardware LED

18. dvanbeijnhem
    Donut Nov 16, 2018

dvanbeijnhem , Nov 16, 2018 :
    Can someone explain why the absence of a notification LED seems to be such a big deal to some users? I've been a long time iPhone user with an occasional detour to android devices (such as the galaxy s, oneplus one and S6 edge). To me a notification LED just seems intrusive. A constant blinking light in the corner of my eye. When I'm at work I like to put my phone on silent. I'll check my notifications when I feel like it, not when my phone dictates it. I mean if it's really urgent I hope people have to common sense to just call.

guisbro likes this.
  19. vdubpower
    Gingerbread Nov 17, 2018

vdubpower , Nov 17, 2018 :
    ive got mine set to various colors....blue sms, green whats app, yellow missed call, etc etc

i will knwo whats waiting for me with out having to double tap

i know there is a reason to check the phone

if there is nothing there indicating anything then i have to double tap just to see if there is even antying going on

now i wish the op6 was cheaper...if now i have to get that...damn

tebsoo likes this.
  20. Scovik
    Eclair Nov 17, 2018

Scovik , Nov 17, 2018 :
    I was in the same boat with the rest of the users, I was concerned that I would miss the notification LED and to my surprise, I really don't miss it as the screen lights up when I get a new notification or I tap once to light up the screen or simply pick up the phone and the screen wakes up, simple as that.
    Maybe the will add something in the OS, maybe they won't, right now I it's not the end of the world + we already have an app in the store that many 6T users have installed and say it works ok.

guisbro likes this.