No longer waiting for T-Mobile updates!

1. RomeStew
    Cupcake Nov 12, 2018

RomeStew , Nov 12, 2018 :
    TMobile gonna get a ear full when they open them doors down the block if this is true, because I have already sent my OP6 in and they made me pay the 280 on the spot, so as far as I'm concerned my phone is paid off and I really don't wanna hear anything else from them. That CANNOT be legal dude, they can't just take your owned device and not give you what they promised because you decided to pay it off on the spot.

2. ANONYMOOSE_82
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 12, 2018

ANONYMOOSE_82 , Nov 12, 2018 :
    I sold my old phone for $500 and paid the full price so I lost nothing.

3. ANONYMOOSE_82

Sure would have, I wasn't aware of the delayed updates when I got mine from T-Mobile. This is just what I've done since that is what I did.

Just sharing for others that maybe in the same boat. I have never once encouraged anyone to just lose money and pay off their phone to do this. Should anyone do that, it's on them.

4. ANONYMOOSE_82

sbramell

here you go:

View attachment 910814

I got a different response. Also it doesn't make sense that you'd lose the $300 since they have your old phone. you could then argue they needed to give it back.

So let your first bill hit that shows the credit and then feel free to pay off without losing anything.

1542036774189.jpg

samdula and Bombeev like this.
  5. samdula
    Donut Nov 12, 2018

samdula , Nov 12, 2018 :
    I don't have a screen grab but a family member who works for TMobile told me the same as you.

6. ANONYMOOSE_82

wonderful! that's great to hear!

7. Dblrnbw
    Donut Nov 15, 2018

Dblrnbw , Nov 15, 2018 :
    I can confirm you will still get the bill credits. I paid off my Galaxy s9 where they are doing the same thing and giving me bill credits. they said it would stop, but they are still automatically being applied to my monthly bills and my specific line the phone was on is just showing as negative and takes away from the bill balance.

plus, if you notice you stop receiving the bill credits (which should look similar to this), then you can just call customer service and have them transfer you to the rebates and promos team and they will just give you a lump sum bill credit. 1542269358247.jpg

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018

jallentech1 likes this.
  8. sbramell
    Gingerbread Nov 15, 2018

sbramell , Nov 15, 2018 :
    makes sense. thanks for the update

I of course have a problem, I mailed my OnePlus One trade-in (I did it all online) on 11-02-2018 from South Carolina to Pennsylvania & I've been tracking it. it's been in PA since the 12th but still hasn't been delivered! I'm freaking out, because if they don't get my phone with in 30 days I'm SOL & the damn USPS won't do anything until 30 days has passed & then they take up to 60 days to trace it down.

Anyone knows what happens if my phone is lost or destroyed by the USPS & I can prove it was shipped? The prepaid label T-Mobile gives you is 1st class mail with NO SPECIAL SERVICES printed across the top in bold. that means no insurance of course.

I'm going to be extremely upset if I get screwed out of $300.00 because of the USPS & T-Mobile picking the absolute rock bottom cheapest way to mail in traded-ins!

9. Dblrnbw
    Donut Nov 15, 2018

Dblrnbw , Nov 15, 2018 :
    what does the tracking say specifically? I would just call customer service as soon as possible during regular business hours and ask to speak with the promotions department. my tracking for mailed in trade ins usually shows "ready for pickup" for 2 days and then they go pick them all up. but yours seems like it has been too long.

sbramell likes this.
  10. sbramell
    Gingerbread Nov 15, 2018

1542272813498.jpg

11. Dblrnbw
    Donut Nov 15, 2018

Dblrnbw , Nov 15, 2018 :
    oh it looks like you should be ok. if there are more than 3 days with no update on track and then I'd call T-Mobile but your tracking looks normal. plus we just had Monday as a holiday so that usually messes everything up, but you should be ok

sbramell likes this.
  12. sbramell
    Gingerbread Nov 15, 2018

thank you, just freaking me out that it's taking this long to go 8 1/2 hours away.

13. Dblrnbw
    Donut Nov 15, 2018

Dblrnbw , Nov 15, 2018 :
    yep that's good ol USPS for ya. I work for customer service for a large US online clothing company and we deal with this constantly. Don't even get me started with Lasership.

sbramell likes this.
  14. ANONYMOOSE_82
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 16, 2018

ANONYMOOSE_82 , Nov 16, 2018 :
    this is great to see, many were worried about this. Thank you for sharing!

15. Serbian Overlord
    KitKat Nov 16, 2018

Serbian Overlord , Nov 16, 2018 :
    Why would anyone in USA in their right mind buy from T-Mobile instead of OnePlus.com UNLESS you had a killer trade deal like I did (OnePlus One = $300). If you're paying full retail, you'll pay $640 (phone+mandatory upgrade fee+mandatory tax) for a 128GB with single SIM and poor updates with locked network and locked bootloader. For that much you can buy the 256GB version from OnePlus directly and have dual SIM, timely updates and completely unlocked. We're not iSheep - come on, you guys should be smarter than this.

16. ANONYMOOSE_82

I was originally doing the trade in as well but then someone offered me $500 for my trade so I took that and decided to just pay the difference for the phone. But I then did everything in OP and now have the unlocked OS version. I do not need dual sims so I am good with one to be first in USA to get phone.

jallentech1 likes this.
  17. sbramell
    Gingerbread Nov 16, 2018

sbramell , Nov 16, 2018 :
    it's been 4 days with no updates & I was just about to write you & say "can I panic now?" because I also just got this text from T-Mobile this morning:

"T-Mobile trade-in final reminder: You need to ship your OnePlus A0001 One Black - Generic with serial number *************** by 12/01/18 in order to receive your monthly bill credit for your device promotion. For shipping instructions, go to t-mo.co/mytradein2"

but as I was typing this, I got this text:

"T-Mobile trade-in msg: Your OnePlus A0001 One Black - Generic with serial number *************** has been received and is currently being processed. For trade-in details, go to t-mo.co/mytradein3”

unsurprisingly USPS still shows no updates since the 12th. it only took two weeks for the package to go 600 miles (8 1/2 hours) away!

18. Dblrnbw
    Donut Nov 16, 2018

Dblrnbw , Nov 16, 2018 :
    I would just set a calendar reminder for the 28th of this month and then not stress about it. and then if by the 28th, you still haven't gotten a confirmation from them, give them a call and speak with the promo and rebate team. the resolution would be the same and they will also probably just ask you to wait a week or so if you called in now. either way, you will get your promo applied. even if they just have to issue you a full bill credit of what you're owed.

sbramell likes this.
  19. ANONYMOOSE_82

well the good news here is they got it and T-Mobile is working to get you that credit! Congrats!

sbramell likes this.
  20. Bombeev
    Gingerbread Nov 17, 2018